LOKI General Discussion Thread

196111659_6099585266725897_5011174067757328369_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Mephisto in the flesh!!1!

Just watched it.
It was a lot of FUN
A bit of a mystery, too.
I look forward to episode two!

Really liked Episode 1. I'm one of "those" who didn't really like WandaVision. I thought they took way too long to get to the point. Loki didn't make that mistake. More along the lines of TFATWS, it started strong and my hope is that it will continue. Really looking forward to Episode 2.

Going by the first episode I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this show.

It's always fun to see Loki be a sad boy.

I'm really loving this format and the level of quality for Marvel thus far. Even more than some of the movies.

This feels a bit weird for a show that's specifically about an alternate timeline version of a character in the multiverse. What even is "canon" then? Because we're not watching a single continuous world. It feels like it would be very easy to have the events of AoS diverge from the "main" timeline at some point (and I have believed for this to at least have been the case since the season 5 finale). Could that then not be equally as canon as this Loki in the TVA is?

From the way the TVA operates, one can surmise that once the timeline in AOS diverged from the "Sacred Timeline," the Minutemen would have stepped in to eliminate it. And they would have executed those responsible for creating the problem. Therefore, if AOS is canon, Coulson & co would now be dead anyway.

So either the show is canon and the agents have been wiped out of existence, or the it isn't canon and they're still bopping on in their alternate universe.

Either would be fine by me.

Last edited:
From the way the TVA operates, one can surmise that once the timeline in AOS diverged from the "Sacred Timeline," the Minutemen would have stepped in to eliminate it. And they would have executed those responsible for creating the problem. Therefore, if AOS is canon, Coulson & co would now be dead anyway.

So either the show is canon and the agents have been wiped out of existence, or the it isn't canon and they're still bopping on in their alternate universe.

Well they allowed the Avengers to do that business in Endgame because it was meant to happen, so maybe Agents of Shield was meant to happen as well ;)

Agents of SHIELD was canon for like the first 3 seasons and then somewhere around the time Robbie Reyes showed up as Ghost Rider, I think their story diverted in a different direction.

Agents of SHIELD was canon for like the first 3 seasons and then somewhere around the time Robbie Reyes showed up as Ghost Rider, I think their story diverted in a different direction.

It's not all connected :(

Not necessarily. We know a big multiverse is a thing at at least one point. We know What If? will show alternate worlds including ones that diverged at earlier points in time. And No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, etc. presumably will too. That means that it's certainly possible for a divergent AoS timeline to exist.

here's the real mind**** tho, what if those other alternate timelines/Multiverse's also have there own version of a TVA who believe their timeline is the "sacred" one

Eh, if I had to make my guess, the eventual resolution to any such issue will be something along the lines of. . .

1. The TVA is revealed to be nowhere near as all powerful as they portray themselves as. There actually is plenty of multiverse, and their claimed pruning is focused on specific branches that extend too far, or in ways they don't like.

2. The TVA is destroyed, or at least greatly weakened, as an organization by the 'end' of Loki, thus making their influence partly/entirely moot for ensuing ( or preceding ) shows.

3. A combination of 1 and 2.

. . . that said, as someone who doesn't especially like Agents of SHIELD, I would be bemused if the threw in a "The TVA erasing most of the AoS branch from existence" easter egg. :p

Sophia di Martino
Lady Loki or perhaps Enchantress

Is Richard E Grant in this show? What are the chances he's just another version of Loki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"