Look Alive, Wage Slaves! Presenting....Margot Robbie AS Harley Quinn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
Harleyquinn02.jpg

First created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm exclusively for Batman: The Animated Series, she has since gone on to become one of the most iconic figures in the entire Batman mythos appearing in various comics, video games, cartoons, and even a live action cameo on Arrow, but she has never seen her shot at the big screen.....until (possibly) now. With the possibility of Margot Robbie being in this movie, many (myself included) feel she is perfect for the role.
margot-quinn-have-they-really-already-cast-dc-s-suicide-squad-movie.jpeg

If not Margot Robbie, who would you choose to play Harley? Is Harley even going to be in the movie?

If I am honest, I really don't see Harley as all that important to a Squad film, outside of being a link to Joker. She works in Assault on Arkham cuz it was about just that. If you aren't attacking Arkham or doing something Gotham/Bat specific, it really begs the question why she's around, other than to appeal to a certain fan segment?

Because she fills a nice, distinct role in the team

200_s.gif

Fair enough, though again... How do you justify the inclusion of an insane psychiatrist on the team? What does she bring that consulting with a SANE profiler wouldn't?

safe_image.php

According to rumors Cara Delevingne is in talks to Suicide Squad, adding that she post and instagram "time to suit up" or something like that and with a pic of Harley Quinn. I know that's not enough indicative... but she has the look IMO.

Last edited:
They better come up with a look that isn't as ridiculous as she normally looks. Sorry but for a non bullet proof, non "godly" character she's gonna need to look way different character to buy that she's on a dangerous mission. A variation on her B:TAS suit, maybe. Looking like a stripper version of the character? No please, no.

safe_image.php

According to rumors she is in talks to Suicide Squad, adding that she post and instagram "time to suit up" or something like that and with a pic of Harley Quinn. I know that's not enough indicative... but she has the look IMO.

Eh Maybe said that after he had already said Harley WASN'T going to be in it.

Who is she any way? Is that Robbie or Cara or someone else?

Could we please remember to add some names to pictures around here? Especially when dealing with people like Robbie or Cara or the like who are far from house hold names that everybody knows. It would be appreciated.

Harley is a smiler...and Cara always looks suicidal

Mind you, her attitude and voice is very upbeat, judging from her VO in GTA V.

If I am honest, I really don't see Harley as all that important to a Squad film, outside of being a link to Joker. She works in Assault on Arkham cuz it was about just that. If you aren't attacking Arkham or doing something Gotham/Bat specific, it really begs the question why she's around, other than to appeal to a certain fan segment?

She's one of my favs so I'm bias, but that appeal will probably be important enough for WB and DC alone tbh. She's DC comics top seller besides Bats and been a member of the Squad since New 52 started. She's insanely popular and untapped in the film world.

They feature her in the modern Suicide Squad comics plenty on top of the Assault on Arkham flick. So I personally don't see the issue. Her name is now heavily associated with the title and with the modern fans.

Last edited:
She's one of my favs so I'm bias, but that appeal will probably be important enough for WB and DC alone tbh. She's DC comics top seller besides Bats and been a member of the Squad since New 52 started. She's insanely popular and untapped in the film world.

They feature her in the modern Suicide Squad comics plenty on top of the Assault on Arkham flick. So I personally don't see the issue. Her name is now heavily associated with the title and with the modern fans.

Again... Explain to me what an insane psychiatrist brings to a black ops undercover team? An easy case can be made for Lawton or Slade or other less insane villains who have a certain skill set. You can make that excuse if the story is Gotham or Bat centric, but anything else seems a contrivance to me just to have this well known character around. As for comic book sales? Umm... What is the circulation of ANY comic book these days? The books are far more likely to reflect the films than the other way around. Do you think the writer of the Squad book or Harley has any pull at WB? Look, I get she's popular, but that doesn't mean that having her on a government sanctioned wet work/black ops team, even one with villains on it makes sense to me, even if that's what we get.

I shouldn't have to explain it as it has already worked fine for people in the comics and TV. That's all that matters. People accept she's on there. If you don't that's fine, but there's a ton of options you can do with her here. It's not like they are limited in creativity. I don't even like the modern Suicide Squad book much, so I'm not really trying to defend the quality. I would much prefer a Joker/Harley team up in a Batman solo.

As for the comics. Iron Man comics didn't all of a sudden sell good just cause he struck it big in film. Doesn't work like that. Guardians is one of the few exceptions and their comic sell boost happened prior to the film being released. Everything depends. The main thing here is her fanbase is extremely larger then any other Suicide Squad character and pretty much DC character in general outside of Supes, Joker and Bats on film. And yes that reflects alot. There's big anticipation in general. And yeah I think WB and DC realize this. It's fairly obvious through sales, youtube, social media, video games, love of TAS, interviews and her being easily the most popular at Cons. I don't think they have been connecting her with Suicide Squad everywhere in the past years for the heck of it or that it doesn't work for them.

If she's in Suicide Squad her appearance is gonna be the character bringing the hype and being discussed. Such is the case now from what I have already seen. It's not gonna be impossible to believe with the amount of other untrusty, stylized and violent villains/antiheros of the DC universe. She's popular, a very current member and new to film. She's completely fair game if they want her.

Last edited:
They could modify the character a bit, or keep some of the elements from the comics that are more dangerous; maybe she's still an expert psychologist for manipulating the other members, and maybe she has some biological enhancements from her best friend Red.

Heck, they could even identify her as a prime mixture of canon fodder and saboteur or something.

Maybe the Wall keeps putting her on missions hoping she'll die, and she just keeps surviving.

I shouldn't have to explain it as it has already worked fine for people in the comics and TV. That's all that matters. People accept she's on there. If you don't that's fine, but there's a ton of options you can do with her here. It's not like they are limited in creativity. I don't even like the modern book much, so I'm not really trying to defend the quality. I would much prefer a Joker/Harley team up in a Batman solo.

As for the comics. Iron Man comics didn't all of a sudden sell good just cause he struck it big in film. Doesn't work like that. Guardians is one of the few exceptions and their comic sell boost happened prior to the film being released. Everything depends. The main thing here is her fanbase is extremely larger then any other Suicide Squad character and pretty much DC character in general outside of Supes, Joker and Bats on film. And yes that reflects alot. There's big anticipation in general. And yeah I think WB and DC realize this. It's fairly obvious through sales, youtube, social media, video games, love of TAS, interviews and her being easily the most popular at Cons. I don't think they have been connecting her with Suicide Squad everywhere in the past years for the heck of it or that it doesn't work for them.

If she's in Suicide Squad her appearance is gonna be the character bringing the hype and being discussed. Such is the case now from what I have already seen. It's not gonna be impossible to believe with the amount of other untrusty, stylized and violent villains/antiheros of the DC universe. She's popular, a very current member and new to film. She's completely fair game if they want her.

IMO, it's crazy for her NOT to be in it. Once she was added on to the team, the team's popularity soared and it's been that way ever since. Harley is guaranteed to put asses in the seats.

IMO, it's crazy for her NOT to be in it. Once she was added on to the team, the team's popularity soared and it's been that way ever since. Harley is guaranteed to put asses in the seats.

I agree. And with DC's film slate this looks to be the most acceptable title for her to be introduced outside a Batman solo. I don't see why they wouldn't take advantage of that. Makes too much sense.

A reason for Harley Quinn to be in this? Umm.........

She's HARLEY ****ING QUINN!!!!!

That's the only reason you need, man.

:woot:

Haha Yeah, I guess that's all that really needed to be said.

So in other words... Fan service. Nothing wrong with that.

I love the idea of finally seeing Harley in a movie. I wonder why it has taken this long for her to arrive?

So in other words... Fan service. Nothing wrong with that.

No, fan service is like half the cast of X-Men: DOFP barely having a line (and not in a lot of cases). Saying Harley's involvement in Suicide Squad is fan service is like saying having a Bane that wasn't a mindless thug in TDKR was fan service.

I love the idea of finally seeing Harley in a movie. I wonder why it has taken this long for her to arrive?

Because writers involved in the Burton/Shumacer and Nolan movies wouldn't, couldn't or just didn't find ways to include her? :oldrazz:

Suicide Squad is just as good as any place to introduce her first. Show the GA that she's not just Joker's lackey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"