• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Lucifer Lucifer General Discussion

Having seen the trailer just now, my top post at the beginning of page 2 stands accurately. Its Keanu as Constantine and Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman all over again...smh.

It'll be gone before it can reach Episode 5 at best

Last edited:
Having seen the trailer just now, my top post at the beginning of page 2 stands accurately. Its Keanu as Constantine and Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman all over again...smh.

It'll be gone before it can reach Episode 5 at best

Care to wager? :sly:

I remember plenty around here said the same about Gotham...

Yeah, I'm betting there's a 0.0% chance this show gets pulled before it finishes its order.

It may not get renewed for a season 2, but it'd have to be a colossal bomb to get pulled off the schedule. Especially with how bad Fox's season was this year.

So am I the only one here who think Lauren German looks like she and Margot Robbie could be sisters? :funny:

I think it looks great. Haven't read the comics so have no preconceptions. Hopefully it can be a toned down cross between Californication and Constantine.

Angering censorship activists is always good for a laugh.

Like, seriously? Get a life. Let the children have their satanic comic book adaptations.

CIsl11CUMAAgafA.png

New Lucifer ongoing hitting this fall, from Holly Black and Lee Garbett

CJg-zVzWwAAh_oo.jpg

CJhLcUTVAAAUEi2.png

http://io9.com/which-fall-tv-show-will-rock-your-world-our-spoiler-fr-1716703519

Lucifer

I loved this stupid show. It aims hard for funny and camp—and nails it. If this show aimed for anything deeper, it’d be a mess. Instead, it’s hilarious.

Here’s the plot: Lucifer has abandoned Hell for a nightclub. In Los Angeles. And he tries to help someone (partly because he likes her, partly to prove he doesn’t have to be evil) and she’s murdered. This, in turn, puts Lucifer into the path of an actress-turned-cop, who is immune to his powers. So, of course, they team up to solve crime. Which is a problem for the Heaven-Hell balance, since now Lucifer’s flat out refusing to go do his job.

Things that shouldn’t work—an actress turned cop!—actually make sense in this show. My god, there’s a bit where a kid befriends the actual devil, and it’s amazing. HE GOES TO THERAPY. He goes around calling himself “Lucifer Morningstar,” a name so ridiculous that everyone just kind of shrugs and moves on.

The reason everything in this show works is because Tom Ellis is absolutely perfect as Lucifer. Pretty much all the comedic heavy lifting falls on him, and he knocks it out of the park. He’s mostly insouciant, but he can also be angry and contemplative. But it’s mostly how funny he is—in his mannerisms and line delivery—that made the pilot a delight. When the cop asks if Lucifer Morningstar is his stage name, he says it’s “God-given” with a perfectly knowing tone. The show’s written well enough, but he’s a star.

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Showrunner Joe Henderson Talks Lucifer
[YT]afNH7NTC2FA[/YT]
SDCC Panel
[YT]hdfJ_Yp4xfc[/YT]
Fan Reactions
[YT]yu2LYrW1bp8[/YT]

The pilot has leaked.

Just got done watching it. It was funny, smart, good effects.

Better than the Contsantine and Gotham pilots, not as good as the iZombie or Flash pilots. About on par with Arrow or Supergirl, in my book.

It's definitely a loose adaptation of the source material but it's still calling on the comic lore. Closer to the source than iZombie anyway, though that show proves a very loose adaptation can still be awesome.

The pilot was ok.

Tom Ellis seemed like he was having fun in the role. Ellis was surprisingly camp as well.

Pilot was decent just a bit bummed by the direction they decided to take this.

Tom Ellis was good though.

DC has got to be doing this on purpose.

Let me get back to you in a moment.
Flash, Constantine,

After Supergirl and Lucifer i'm starting to believe this, but let us remember the Flash leak and Constantine leak we're dvd rips with a watercolor code and whatnot blurred out, however:
Supergirl, and now Lucifer?

Yeah, being able to see this in the highest quality possible just show's tv channels have found leaks as a good study to see what worked on the pilot, what could be changed, etc.

It's free research and marketing all in one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"