Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]F-7Nvmd0178[/YT]

I had butterfly feeling when he was asked about if he's negotiating with WB right now/or earlier in the year :ilv:

could this be happening!

[YT]F-7Nvmd0178[/YT]

I had butterfly feeling when he was asked about if he's negotiating with WB right now/or earlier in the year :ilv:

could this be happening!

You can tell there is so much more he wants to say! :up:

Maybe he heard it from Mario Robles haha, who said WB was in negotiation with Cavill about his new contract 2 months ago.

Henry needs to work hard with McQuarrie to make the movie happen, Hamada sounds like he's keen on "director-driven" and you've gotta pitch him something to have a chance, not the other way round now.

I've been saying this for a while. It is my understanding that a director has to come to WB with a pitch for MOS 2 rather than WB seeking out directors to hire.

McQuarrie as director and Cavill coming back that is a match made in heaven

Okay, on the off chance that this match made does indeed tie the knot...as someone who has never seen a film by McQuarrie, as far as I know, what films of his do people here recommend?

Okay, on the off chance that this match made does indeed tie the knot...as someone who has never seen a film by McQuarrie, as far as I know, what films of his do people here recommend?

As a writer, Edge of Tomorrow still feels like his best movie.
I haven't seen Usual Suspects.
As a director, I'm gonna go with not-MI5, but completely understand why anyone would think him and then a GLC movie.

As a writer, Edge of Tomorrow still feels like his best movie.
I haven't seen Usual Suspects.
As a director, I'm gonna go with not-MI5, but completely understand why anyone would think him and then a GLC movie.

Mission:Impossible Rogue Nation is a big action movie with big stunts, set pieces and sequences. It's done well for that kind of movie and I'm sure Fallout will be even bigger.

Jack Reacher is more straightforward but I found it enjoyable enough.

I haven't seen The Way of the Gun but it seems to have quite a few dedicated fans.

The Usual Suspects is really clever, very different, and just a great screenplay. As was Edge of Tomorrow.

So, basically, McQuarrie does big action quite well and he is also a talented and smart writer.

Let Macquarrie do whatever the **** he wants with this. That is all.

Hire McQuarrie on the spot as director and then if Cavill comes back then you can restore faith in the DCEU with these 2 working together again

I like that Chris McQuarrie is a screenwriter first and will hopefully have a better grasp on story than Snyder did as a director.

I like that Chris McQuarrie is a screenwriter first and will hopefully have a better grasp on story than Snyder did as a director.

McQuarrie is a great director the MI films are proof of that

McQuarrie's skills as a screenwriter would certainly be an asset. Would be interesting to have a writer/director onboard.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for a while. It is my understanding that a director has to come to WB with a pitch for MOS 2 rather than WB seeking out directors to hire.

Perhaps Cavill is spitballing sequel possibilities with McQuarrie, and find one that both are eager to do. I think if that happens, WB will happily let McQuarrie write and direct the film.

It's just too soon to say.

There are positives and a little bit of negative in Cavill's comments. The positive thing is Cavill being proactive. He's meeting with people, sharing ideas, and will try to present a pitch to the studio. I credit Cavill for taking the initiative.

The negative I take away from his comments is that not much has changed with the studio post JL. They didn't hire screenwriters. They didn't officially put it on the slate. There's is still no greenlight for the film. Their stance appears to remain the same where a director is going to have to come to them with a clear vision for MOS 2 for the project to happen.

I would agree with the negative, though I'd say that it's probably why, in this instance, Cavill is being as vocal as he can versus WB. I think back to when Margot Robbie said DC should trust the vision of its directors. So if the studio won't be the first to make a move, in this case, the actors and potential directors or writers interested will.

I would agree with the negative, though I'd say that it's probably why, in this instance, Cavill is being as vocal as he can versus WB. I think back to when Margot Robbie said DC should trust the vision of its directors. So if the studio won't be the first to make a move, in this case, the actors and potential directors or writers interested will.

Which is what they should do

Which is another reason why Cavill taking the initiative is a positive. Reading some of his quotes during the JL press junket I think he has the right point of view on how to move the character forward. If he finds a director who is on the same page then they can present a clear vision for the character and stability to the project.

There are positives and a little bit of negative in Cavill's comments. The positive thing is Cavill being proactive. He's meeting with people, sharing ideas, and will try to present a pitch to the studio. I credit Cavill for taking the initiative.

The negative I take away from his comments is that not much has changed with the studio post JL. They didn't hire screenwriters. They didn't officially put it on the slate. There's is still no greenlight for the film. Their stance appears to remain the same where a director is going to have to come to them with a clear vision for MOS 2 for the project to happen.

Totally agree and was just saying something similar in the JL forum. I thought we were a bit closer to WB at a shortlist of directors like Vaughn and Bayona, but were just putting off the announcement because of the JL fallout (so to speak.) But, maybe it is because of new management with Hamada at WB, as someone said, and they're wanting directors to come to them with ideas.

Totally agree and was just saying something similar in the JL forum. I thought we were a bit closer to WB at a shortlist of directors like Vaughn and Bayona, but were just putting off the announcement because of the JL fallout (so to speak.) But, maybe it is because of new management with Hamada at WB, as someone said, and they're wanting directors to come to them with ideas.

Or, as is the case with WB.. they did hear those pitches but those pitches were not good enough (for them) to move ahead, they are taking their time and don't want to rush this.

Maybe Cavill has a director lined up who has a killer pitch for a sequel...

I still think there's more to MOS2 than we're hearing

If McQuarrie is indeed interested, I would hope to god that WB at least listens to the pitch. They have nothing to lose. Their problem was (apparently) Snyder & his portrayal of the character. This is an opportunity to move on.

If McQuarrie is indeed interested, I would hope to god that WB at least listens to the pitch. They have nothing to lose. Their problem was (apparently) Snyder & his portrayal of the character. This is an opportunity to move on.

WB knew what they were getting with Snyder, so the portrayal was partly their doing too; they just lost faith and starting messing with Snyder's films only to make them worse. That means the studio hearing the pitch and the person giving the pitch have to have what critics/fans would feel is a good idea and be on the same page with each other. Full disclosure, though. I'm personally not a fan of McQuarrie's films and don't see how he's a good fit for what this Superman needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"