Runaways Marvel’s Runaways General Discussion

Yeah...about it...big nothing. Seemingly every person Peter Parker knew was snapped because none of them aged during the time gap.
I meant that for 5 years things were not as usual, the movie did not reset that and the tv series would have to address it one way or another, even just by "time relocating" past and present episodes to the future.
So no, not a big inconsequential nothing, it does effect the connective tissue between the tv series and the MCU.

I have no idea what or if they will do about it.

I meant that for 5 years things were not as usual, the movie did not reset that and the tv series would have to address it one way or another, even just by "time relocating" past and present episodes to the future.
So no, not a big inconsequential nothing, it does effect the connective tissue between the tv series and the MCU.

I have no idea what or if they will do about it.

The tv shows can either exist in the snap time...or jump ahead 5 years.

Or...more likely...just ignore it. Viewers will assume it's post-snap and Marvel TV will just hope no one realizes that no one aged and all of the storylines from 5 years ago are still in play. I think AoS might be the only one that can really deal with that, if they return with a "we've been in space looking for Fitz for a long time..." idea.

The tv shows can either exist in the snap time...or jump ahead 5 years.

Or...more likely...just ignore it. Viewers will assume it's post-snap and Marvel TV will just hope no one realizes that no one aged and all of the storylines from 5 years ago are still in play. I think AoS might be the only one that can really deal with that, if they return with a "we've been in space looking for Fitz for a long time..." idea.
I agree with you here, I was just pointing out Endgame did not reset things as was widely expected. Heck, Loeb probably expected/hoped it.

To be clear, it is not his fault.
This time maybe Marvel Studios should have let him in.

Personally, I think it's becoming obvious that Marvel TV is not in the cinematic universe at all...or at best exists in the "multiverse" (which I have doubts about that being anything more than a con by Mysterio)...so, they can just do their thing til Disney gets sick of it. I've stopped watching some shows that I wasn't enjoying because I no longer feel that I have to in order to get the full scope of the MCU.

Well, the MCU is getting so big that it is always going to get closer and closer to the comics 616 universe: as in therein exist vastly different genres and stories, not everything will be for anyone.
That variety is the best way to thrive, as long as there is something for everyone.

While I don't watch this show, getting Elizabeth Hurley in there would definitely be a way to pique my interest.

Finally finished season 2, enjoyed it and it went some unexpected places.

Also, regarding Nico
Was that Kaecilius/ Dormammu type dark rings around her eyes whenever she blacked out and the staff took over?

Wouldn't be surprised if it continued exclusively on Disney Plus somehow.

Same with Cloak and Dagger.

Wouldn't be surprised if it continued exclusively on Disney Plus somehow.

Same with Cloak and Dagger.
Not gonna happen.

2020 to 2022 would be all about the shows they've announced. Thats 8 shows! Also they wouldn't cancel those 2 shows, if it's just moving to another platform. Hulu, Freeform and Disney+ are under the same company.

For those interested, the new season dropped today. I finished the first six episodes, and though there was a couple bits of melodrama in there that I was meh too, I think this might be the overall this season of the show. At least through the first six episodes. I'm curious where this subplot introduced in the last episode is going to go. It's weird, but I'm giving it a chance

Finished the season. I thought it was a great season in the best of the show, but the very last episode definitely, definitely conflicts with the MCU in a pretty big way

Last edited:
While I mostly enjoyed this season I definitely think I enjoyed the previous seasons more. This one started out a little too slow IMO, and I didn't find the second half with the Witches all that interesting honestly, although Elizabeth Hurley as the main villain was kind of fun, and my god is she still smoking hot after all these years. Cloak and Dagger showing up was pretty cool and I do wish we could see more of them in the future, because I do like the actors even though I still don't think their show really utilized them all that well.

This felt like a pretty satisfying Season finale though, especially with that ending.

Finished the season. I thought it was a great season in the best of the show, but the very last episode definitely, definitely conflicts with the MCU in a pretty big way

Last episode felt like Endgame on a small scale.
Which was cool! I think this season could have benefited more on 12/13 episodes though.

But I will miss them. I love this series.

I still have 2 episodes to go, but I've enjoyed this season. It's been good to move past fighting the Pride all the time, and having the season split into getting rid of the aliens in the first half and then onto Morgan Le Fay in the second was a good move. Elizabeth Hurley looks smoking hot, although I thought Morgan has purple hair in the comics. It's not Hurley's regular hair colour, that's for sure.

I also really enjoyed the Cloak and Dagger crossover, and thought that was one of the best episodes of both series. I do wish that they had more opportunities to team up, but unfortunately both series have come to an end, so we won't be seeing anymore of them. Tandy and Tyrone work well with the Runaways. It's a shame they won't have more chances to interact and get to know each other better.

Virginia Gardner and Olivia Holt look like they could be sisters.

The alien abduction therapy group scene with James Marsters recounting everything that has happened to him in the series but then the group thinking he was mocking them was hilarious.

I just finished season 2. This show is SOOOOO good. I friggin love it.

I completely forgot about Topher from the comics. When he popped up, I got excited and thought he was going to be Victor and expected him to be brought back as Victor after he died. Then I read his bio and that clicked with me

Not feeling Xavin. Find her annoying. Really cant stand Gert and Molly and that holds true from the comics bc I didnt like them there either

LOVE Nico. She is by far my favorite character and I root for her and Karolina.

Just finished the final season. And I definitely won't remember/miss the show from years to come. The cross over with Cloak & Dagger felt uneventful as well.

They didn't really show what happened to the parents in the end, especially in the future. And did the kids reconcile with them? They seemed to be in a better place with them by episode 9 and had teamed up to fight Morgan.

I wouldn't mind if Disney+ took it up, as this and Cloak and Dagger almost exist in their own universe. It could just be its own thing. I would've liked more team ups between the two shows.

I liked seeing them interact with Tandy & Ty, but the exposition dumps about them were a bit heavy handed. I get they try to explain for people who didn't watch C&D, but it felt very unnatural to have two characters talking to each other so explicitly about their superhero origin story.

Otherwise I've liked it so far, only got one ep left, will see how/if they stick the landing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"