Marvel Films Marvel Studios' Armor Wars (aka A War Machine Story)

Kinda worried about the film's future after the lackluster flop that is Ant-Man 3.

Could Armor Wars do worse or would they stack the film to make it more of an Iron Man or quasi-Avengers film than just a War Machine film? Hell, I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled at all for fears of how it might perform box office wise.
Well it was supposed to be a series for a reason.

But putting Iron Man in the title could help.

I'm a lifelong Iron Man fan so I can't say I'm rooting against this lol! It'll be nice to see Rhodey as the main character for once and a cool opportunity to showcase classic Iron Man villains like Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo that haven't appeared. Plus, its a logical venue to bring back Justin Hammer.

I'm a lifelong Iron Man fan so I can't say I'm rooting against this lol! It'll be nice to see Rhodey as the main character for once and a cool opportunity to showcase classic Iron Man villains like Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo that haven't appeared. Plus, its a logical venue to bring back Justin Hammer.
I like Cheadle and am glad to see him get his own project. Also glad to see him in Secret Invasion. I love Hammer, dude cracks me up. Would be awesome to see him again.

I'm not just interested in a Rhodey solo movie. He has been around for so long and he is still not interesting enough to headline a solo film. Also, 2nd reason, is this could probably prolong the wait for a X-Men movie/sequels, and sequels for those who are still starting (Eternals, Shang-Chi, 4, Blade). Like realistically when do you eXpect those movies to come out especially if Marvel Studios is making movies for a dozen ips...? A War Machine movie is not essential imo, just like most Disney+ MCU shows and look how the Disney Ceo talks about those projects now...

The 2nd reason is the eXact reason why I don't want another Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man and Guardians of the GalaXy film. Not everyone should get a movie especially with all these delays happening. I want to see a X-Men film asap, and I really don't want to wait siX years for Shang-Chi 2, Eternals 2, Blade 2, Fantastic 4 Two, IF they ever get a sequel/s.

Now if you are all fine waiting til 2030 for a X-Men feature film and 2quels/3quels for the other ips, because Marvel Studios' Armor Wars needs to happen (and other MCU films), okay. I have my preference.

Last edited:
I'm not just interested in a Rhodey solo movie. He has been around for so long and he is still not interesting enough to headline a solo film. Also, 2nd reason, is this could probably prolong the wait for a X-Men movie/sequels, and sequels for those who are still starting (Eternals, Shang-Chi, 4, Blade). Like realistically when do you eXpect those movies to come out especially if Marvel Studios is making movies for a dozen ips...? A War Machine movie is not essential imo, just like most Disney+ MCU shows and look how the Disney Ceo talks about those projects now...

The 2nd reason is the eXact reason why I don't want another Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man and Guardians of the GalaXy film. Not everyone should get a movie especially with all these delays happening. I want to see a X-Men film asap, and I really don't want to wait siX years for Shang-Chi 2, Eternals 2, Blade 2, Fantastic 4 Two, IF they ever get a sequel/s.

Now if you are all fine waiting til 2030 for a X-Men feature film and 2quels/3quels for the other ips, because Marvel Studios' Armor Wars needs to happen (and other MCU films), okay. I have my preference.

Armor Wars isn't delaying X-Men. Feige clearly has penciled in the X-Men for when this current Saga either ends or is ending. That has nothing to do with these movies considering how many are being released a year. They're doing 3ish movies a year right now. The X-Men if Feige wanted them to come earlier would be fast tracked and slated earlier. The X-Men are more slaves right now to the Avengers movies being made rather than these solo movies. So, you're looking at this entire situation in a flawed way. Just axing Armor Wars or Eternals 2 doesn't mean Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars get made earlier. Different people working on these.

I didn't say its delaying it. But clearly Armor Wars is higher in the priority list as of the moment, than a X-Men feature film. I know who War Machine is since 2008, and I'm good without a solo film dedicated for him.

So one officially announced film being removed from Marvel Studios' current slate would be good news for the X-Men reboot, assuming Marvel Studios doesn't have 10 more unrevealed films lined up before Marvel Studios' X-Men.

As for Eternals 2, I definitely want to see that happen hopefully asap just like Shang Chi 2, BP3, CM3, DS3 to name a few.

I didn't say its delaying it. But clearly Armor Wars is higher in the priority list as of the moment, than a X-Men feature film. I know who War Machine is since 2008, and I'm good without a solo film dedicated for him.

So one officially announced film being removed from Marvel Studios' current slate would be good news for the X-Men reboot, assuming Marvel Studios doesn't have 10 more unrevealed films lined up before Marvel Studios' X-Men.

As for Eternals 2, I definitely want to see that happen hopefully asap just like Shang Chi 2, BP3, CM3, DS3 to name a few.

Removing Armor Wars wouldn't make room for X-Men sooner. If the plan is for X-Men to be next phase, then regardless how many movies the phase has, X-Men is waiting until after Secret Wars. Again, Armor Wars isn't delaying that.

Im happy for Cheadle to get a movie...but yeah this feels like this should've been a Phase 2 movie haha. Similar to Secret Invasion, Cap Marvel, etc. imo. This really should've been Iron Man 2's whole concept. They had it a bit but not enough.

I hope it works out but the whole plot of Armor Wars feels like it shouldn't matter that much now with how much the Marvel universe has opened. The Iron Man tech, while still great, in the grand scheme of the MCU isn't more impressive than some of the other tech and concepts that have come around. To the point where I don't get why anyone is especially concerned about getting the Iron Man armor over say Wakanda stuff (and they tried as we saw in WF) or even the Ant-Man tech

But yeah I hope it works out

Removing Armor Wars wouldn't make room for X-Men sooner. If the plan is for X-Men to be next phase, then regardless how many movies the phase has, X-Men is waiting until after Secret Wars. Again, Armor Wars isn't delaying that.

What if the writers and actors strikes end up pushing everything back, though? I'd be fine with them cutting a couple of the less important movies and shows to get everything back on track.

What if the writers and actors strikes end up pushing everything back, though? I'd be fine with them cutting a couple of the less important movies and shows to get everything back on track.

That's still not moving anything forward. The strike is delaying all productions, including the ones they are waiting for before X-Men come. Like Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty. So Armor Wars existing isn't hurting or delaying the X-Men in any way

Folks just need to accept that the MCU X-Men aren’t coming any time soon.

Justin Hammer is a joke in the MCU though.

Also Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man would need a major revamp to work in the 2020s, in the comics they are outdated Cold War relics who have hardly ever been compelling. Also MCU Whiplash is a combo of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

I think Controller would be a better villain, he is creepy and he has a gimmick that makes him different from another armored guy.

Hmm I'm curious to know if the reception for Secret Invasion, the long term effects of the strikes and Disney's CEO plans to slow down the annual input of Marvel Studios will affect the state of Armor Wars.

At this point, it would not surprise me, if this ends up in a cancelation. I seriously doubt with everything happening, somehow Marvel Studios' plan won't change at all aside from delaying/shifting dates.

I highly doubt Armor Wars gets cancelled. Especially since this is more or less Iron Man 4

Last edited:
Justin Hammer is a joke in the MCU though.

Also Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man would need a major revamp to work in the 2020s, in the comics they are outdated Cold War relics who have hardly ever been compelling. Also MCU Whiplash is a combo of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

I think Controller would be a better villain, he is creepy and he has a gimmick that makes him different from another armored guy.

I'm envisioning Hammer as more of a side character. I agree that his MCU portrayal isn't really main villain material.

I don't think it'd be that hard to update Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo given the current geopolitical climate. You can easily still have them be Russia-sanctioned Iron Man knock offs.

I think they could still do a proper Crimson Dynamo despite using certain elements for Whiplash in IM2. Who should've just been the Crimson Dynamo in the first place, IMO.

Controller would be an interesting choice. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him showing up somewhere.

I'm envisioning Hammer as more of a side character. I agree that his MCU portrayal isn't really main villain material.

I don't think it'd be that hard to update Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo given the current geopolitical climate. You can easily still have them be Russia-sanctioned Iron Man knock offs.

I think they could still do a proper Crimson Dynamo despite using certain elements for Whiplash in IM2. Who should've just been the Crimson Dynamo in the first place, IMO.

Controller would be an interesting choice. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him showing up somewhere.

I think Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man might work better as goons then the Big Bad of the film. I don't they are particularly dynamic villains, they are more just knock offs of Iron Man and armored knock offs were the villains in Iron Man 1 and 2. I don't think Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo have particualrly interesting personality, if they were to the main villains, they would need a huge personality revamp.

Controller is a better villain because he has a creepy, sinister, personality and a gimmick that is better than just another armored guy, he is also more of a mastermind than Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo.

I think Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man might work better as goons then the Big Bad of the film. I don't they are particularly dynamic villains, they are more just knock offs of Iron Man and armored knock offs were the villains in Iron Man 1 and 2. I don't think Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo have particualrly interesting personality, if they were to the main villains, they would need a huge personality revamp.

Controller is a better villain because he has a creepy, sinister, personality and a gimmick that is better than just another armored guy, he is also more of a mastermind than Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo.

I don't think they'd be more than glorified set pieces if they appear so goons would be a descriptor of of the role I'm envisioning. Have them be the result of Russia getting its hand on Stark tech and Rhodey goes to take them out.

Ezekiel Stane is who I'm hoping for on the main villain front. And the rumor mill is claiming that is who Alden Ehrenreich is playing in Ironheart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"