Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' Wonder Man

Oh boy. They really need to dial back at this point especially after what happened to The Marvels.

"Marvel Spotlight" is still Marvel but only sounds less appealing.

I think in theory it's far more appealing at this point than main Marvel shows and movies. The problem is it seems that they're pushing to have projects fit in that label that weren't conceived to be as ones. It mostly seems like a gimmick to attract audience that's abandoning them. Otherwise bringing quality like that in some of the Netflix shows is more than welcome. It's needed.

I don't think it was ever stated the Spotlight had to be dark and edgy and TVMA. Just that they're not focused on the broader MCU. At least not that I remember reading.

I don't think it was ever stated the Spotlight had to be dark and edgy and TVMA. Just that they're not focused on the broader MCU. At least not that I remember reading.
Brad Winderbaum, Marvel’s head of streaming, recently told Marvel.com that Marvel Spotlight “gives us a platform to bring more grounded, character-driven stories to the screen, and in the case of ‘Echo,’ focusing on street-level stakes over larger MCU continuity.
Maybe doesn't necessarily mean a TVMA rating but it still shows a different, more serious and layered approach to some of their characters, which I'd theoretically be down for. Or maybe I'm reading what I want to see from the MCU. I don't know.

Regardless of the content, its still Marvel, its still MCU. And its going to show up in the same tab in Disney+ with the mcu films.

One of the eXecutives said this year, they would produce fewer projects from Marvel and that they've lost focus, and yet they are still moving forward with this, despite The Marvels flopping this last weekend.

Maybe doesn't necessarily mean a TVMA rating but it still shows a different, more serious and layered approach to some of their characters, which I'd theoretically be down for. Or maybe I'm reading what I want to see from the MCU. I don't know.
Grounded and character driven story doesn't have anything to do with the tone of it. You can have a light hearted tone and it be grounded. Grounded and character driven also has nothing to do with the violence level. All that means is we probably shouldn't expect a billion cameos from outside characters and no gods or aliens, and also probably smaller scale story

That's my take. Not essential for the broader MCU but hopefully a good little corner of Marvel to enjoy some characters come to life in entertaining shows. In theory, it was what a lot of the TV shows were doing before Marvel Studios took over.

Whenever I read something about Marvel lately it's always something negative. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"