Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 6x09 Collision Course (Part 2)

SPO2 Dalisay

Rebel in exile, again.
Reaction score

No time for the team to play catch-up, there’s a planet to save

I really want to love this season but the episodes are so hit and miss, so many scenes fall flat, so many dodgy lines, and I hate the way they're turning Deke into nothing more than a joke character.

I'll be somewhat disappointed if this is the last we hear of Sarge. The episode itself was solid, but the arc as a whole has fallen somewhat flat and I only really care about that mystery.

I am now thinking it wasn't the Chronicoms but rather Izel, made Coulson's an avatar like she did for Davis and May. But still doesn't account for the extra pre deviner hand.

I loved Mack throwing the "toldja" back at Sarge. Yo-Yo kicking butt, Daisy quaking a nuke from attaining critical mass and feeling the Shrike frequency was up there with Wanda Maximoff.

Is this Shrike arc over now? Is Izel dead or has she somehow escaped? We didn't see her when the ship blew up.

Has she taken over May's body? Is that why she killed Sarge? Why would May act like that otherwise? But when would she have had the chance to take over? Unless she was hiding in Davis. He seemed to be acting weirdly and passed out very suddenly.

I think maybe Izel took over him and used him to escape to earth and then took over May. I could be wrong though.

Daisy is such a badass.

Jaco was really likeable.

Last edited:
Is this Shrike arc over now? Is Izel dead or has she somehow escaped? We didn't see her when the ship blew up.

Has she taken over May's body? Is that why she killed Sarge? Why would May act like that otherwise? But when would she have had the chance to take over? Unless she was hiding in Davis. He seemed to be acting weirdly and passed out very suddenly.

I think maybe Izel took over him and used him to escape to earth and then took over May. I could be wrong though.
My theory at the moment is that when Jaco and Davis split up she somehow took over Davis, maybe she is a higher level Shrike, with shape shifting capabilities. Assuming Ming Na also makes it to the next season either Agent Davis is still alive when the Izel parasite jumped to May, or Davis is dead and she is mimicking May like a Skrull does.

However since Daisy has the Shrike frequency locked in, it being related to the space travel monolith the bats are not a threat as long as she is around and fighting,

As far as her origin, I say she is another Kree experiment, much like the inhumans. My theory is she is the higher-level version of the shrike and can possess a body then move on. I would like to get more details on who Sarge really was, and expect to see just that. Since he has been chasing her since before Chronica, he's clearly not a chroniton, but who/what the hell is he? But as usual, in the end, I am sure it will be Daisy that quakes her out of existence.

Are the villains in here going to turn out to be actual comic villains at all, as is usually the case in previous seasons? Like how Glenn Talbot became Graviton, or even other characters revealed themselves to be someone else eventually (eg Skye became Daisy/ Quake)?

There was a Spider-Man villain named Killer Shrike, but he bears absolutely no resemblance to any of the characters in Season 6.

Honestly, that's probably the biggest thing that bothers me this season. It's not the lack of connectivity to the movies, it's the lack of connection to the source material. I mean, it has a connection to previous Agents of SHIELD continuity with the monoliths, but it doesn't appear comics related. Last season, there was a bit of a trend that way but, at least, the stuff they were drawing from their past were comics-adjacent (the Kree, Gravitonium) and they introduced Flint, a true Graviton, and at least the alien bug monsters were an obscure Marvel race. This season seems to have none of that.

Which suggest, that we are now so far from The Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron connections that the studios are now not even saying in this lane you can have say Deathlok and Daisy Johnson. So when season 6 was awarded the powers that be were not kidding when they said that they are going their own way now.

It's almost like a non-comic book show now with non-comic book villains. It could just be a sci-fi series. Maybe that's what they want it to be since it's too hard to maintain any connections to the comics or movies.

I suppose they can look backwards and bring back characters like the many Inhumans left wandering over the past 4 years, but with the risk further breaking continuity as with the Thanos is in New York background story for Graviton.

Without any information they face tripping over some character that a later Disney+ version might change as we have already seen with Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider on Disney + that has the potential of further tarnishing the legacy that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had from Turn, Turn, Turn being the pinnacle of a multimedia shared universe.

Huh? The Ghost Rider series is not on Disney+ it's on Hulu, and it's the same character from Agents of SHIELD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"