Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD Season 7 episodes 12 &13 The End

Holy Slapper

Sidekick
Reaction score
:applaud :applaud :applaud:waa: :waa:

Couldn't have thought of a better finale.

"Cool."

Last edited:
This is how you end a series....I'm looking at you GoT.

So the only prediction that I got correct was Agent Piper and Flint on guard duty.for a time stream equipped Fitz

Independence Day on the flagship turned out to be more Star Wars. With the Chronicoms doing a we are Borg to let Daisy get next to Jemma.

Kora ends up with plot dependent unlimited and adaptable power, being able to amplify emotions May absorbed and send them to Chronicoms who she couldn't read emotions off seemed to be pulled out of thin air with nothing to prepare us for so who could predict that as the cure

7797f9928e1a31751e2a0f84d0e4b5d12d7dc749.gifv

fae25feed510fb70570c3ae587b552c4a15bd9d0.gifv

5646aa5b495a644c4cd9545d9cd68a2a9597a394.gifv

Last edited:
So the only prediction that I got correct was Agent Piper and Flint on guard duty.for a time stream equipped Fitz

Independence Day on the flagship turned out to be more Star Wars. With the Chronicoms doing a we are Borg to let Daisy get next to Jemma.

Kora ends up with plot dependent unlimited and adaptable power, being able to amplify emotions May absorbed and send them to Chronicoms who she couldn't read emotions off seemed to be pulled out of thin air with nothing to prepare us for so who could predict that as the cure

She amplified the ships power so they could transmit the signal.

So the ship could send emotions through the brain scan I guess.

Fast forward to the 2 hour 8 minute 30 second mark.

That's how you do a proper finale. BRAVO S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson really did the unthinkable.

I have to admit, and I'm a little bit surprised at my own self for this, but I did catch myself getting a little upset on Deke's behalf today just thinking about the fact that he had to strand himself in an alternate timeline where he will never see any of his friends or the family that has left just so he could finally get some respect. Which is really kind of sad when you think about it. Sure he played it off as his moment to "step aside" so Daniel and Daisy could be together (like they'd let his feelings stop them) but you have to figure that it kills him just a little bit that no one would really miss him.

I did quite like the rest of the finale and where the rest of the team ended up. Although I'm not super keen on Daisy and Daniel together. I love both characters, but... meh. I did love the idea of them in space though. I can't help but wonder though if any of them got around to telling him about how Steve Rogers was found in 2009 and was a "man out of time" like him. I kinda woulda loved to see his reaction. But it's like they aren't even allowed to say the names of any of the MCU characters anymore.

While Deke found a Nana and Bobo he was only with the new family while on missions. Even building a company with a S.H.I.E.L.D. spy watching while his folks never came around. Having been raised a slave as they waited to see if he were Inhuman must have given him a different perspective on things. At least this time he didn't think he was sacrificing his life as he did when he and Enoch sent the team back to the past from the Lighthouse.

Besides he knows about going quantum to travel between timelines just like Old Man Steve does..

Without going through tons of spoilers, what exactly was the story behind Fitz's limited role this season? I assume actors choice?

Without going through tons of spoilers, what exactly was the story behind Fitz's limited role this season? I assume actors choice?

They were saying it was a scheduling conflict with something else he was working on, and so they worked around his absence.

While Deke found a Nana and Bobo he was only with the new family while on missions. Even building a company with a S.H.I.E.L.D. spy watching while his folks never came around. Having been raised a slave as they waited to see if he were Inhuman must have given him a different perspective on things. At least this time he didn't think he was sacrificing his life as he did when he and Enoch sent the team back to the past from the Lighthouse.

Besides he knows about going quantum to travel between timelines just like Old Man Steve does.

It's not so much the idea of him being stranded that upset me. It was him realizing the only way to have a life with people that wouldn't assume the worst about him most of the time was to strand himself away from them. Simmons was really the only person that treated him well, IMO. It took Mac being stuck in the past with him for nearly a year for him to realize that Deke had a good heart, and despite his methods, meant well. Also, part of his perspective includes massive amounts of abandonment issues stemming from losing both parents while living in a futuristic dystopian hellscape, so the way the others treated him I think was especially uncalled for.

But now my mind is kind of buzzing for what his new timeline is going to look like. Let's call it 616-D (for Deke) and because based on what happened in endgame 616 B was created when Loki got away and 616 C was created by Steve. And in a way, the finale seems to make the point that Steve Rogers very likely altered the timeline he created when he joined Peggy and probably gave himself free rein to alter it as much as he could because he too knew that his actions would not upset the original timeline so there was no need to maintain it. Something that I think seems to confuse some people, (including the writers of Endgame...)

What did the Chronichons inadvertently change by their meddling and what would Deke change on his own going forward? He seems to have inherited a SHIELD that is free of Hydra since they tipped their hand in the 70s and Project Insight was destroyed. Plus, Nathaniel seemed to have used up all the Hydra agents that were going to create the next generation of operatives inside SHIELD when he recruited them for his plan instead. And then the Chronichons took out all of the SHIELD bases that also probably had the remaining HYDRA infiltrators. SHIELD leadership is probably gone too, meaning Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Hank Pym, etc.

So that leaves Deke, in the 80s, with 100 years of future technological know-how in his brain, a lack of care about the timeline anymore, and default mode to do what is best for himself first, surrounded by good SHIELD agents, and a relatively Hydra free world. There is probably little chance the attack from space on Earth wasn't noticed by the rest of the world, so you know that's going to play into events going forward. Because Daisy's mom was killed before she was born, there will be no alt-Daisy so the chances of him living in a timeline that leads to the Earth being quaked apart is pretty much nil. But Afterlife being destroyed by Nathaniel probably means that little girl May had to kill will never be born. Coulson seemed new to SHIELD in the early 90s during Captain Marvel, but what about Fury? Was he at one of the bases that were destroyed and will no longer become Director someday? So who is the agent that Carol will meet when she falls out of the sky in 1996? Ward's life probably won't be affected until the time he would have been recruited by Garrett, so in this timeline, he'll probably stay in jail for arson, get out in his 40s, and just be a general menace to society. But Tony Stark already exists but will now be raised by just his mom, and might never follow in his father's footsteps to take over Stark Industries. She might sell the business to Stane and be done with it and Tony focuses on robotics and AI instead, but that also means he is never kidnapped by terrorists and forced to become Ironman or had to live with the guilt of his weapons being sold to bad guys behind his back. But Steve is still in the ice. And Thor will still come, bringing Loki. But without Fury will there be any Avengers? Ah, the mind boggles with possibilities.

It's not so much the idea of him being stranded that upset me. It was him realizing the only way to have a life with people that wouldn't assume the worst about him most of the time was to strand himself away from them. Simmons was really the only person that treated him well, IMO. It took Mac being stuck in the past with him for nearly a year for him to realize that Deke had a good heart, and despite his methods, meant well. Also, part of his perspective includes massive amounts of abandonment issues stemming from losing both parents while living in a futuristic dystopian hellscape, so the way the others treated him I think was especially uncalled for.

But now my mind is kind of buzzing for what his new timeline is going to look like. Let's call it 616-D (for Deke) and because based on what happened in endgame 616 B was created when Loki got away and 616 C was created by Steve. And in a way, the finale seems to make the point that Steve Rogers very likely altered the timeline he created when he joined Peggy and probably gave himself free rein to alter it as much as he could because he too knew that his actions would not upset the original timeline so there was no need to maintain it. Something that I think seems to confuse some people, (including the writers of Endgame...)

What did the Chronichons inadvertently change by their meddling and what would Deke change on his own going forward? He seems to have inherited a SHIELD that is free of Hydra since they tipped their hand in the 70s and Project Insight was destroyed. Plus, Nathaniel seemed to have used up all the Hydra agents that were going to create the next generation of operatives inside SHIELD when he recruited them for his plan instead. And then the Chronichons took out all of the SHIELD bases that also probably had the remaining HYDRA infiltrators. SHIELD leadership is probably gone too, meaning Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Hank Pym, etc.

So that leaves Deke, in the 80s, with 100 years of future technological know-how in his brain, a lack of care about the timeline anymore, and default mode to do what is best for himself first, surrounded by good SHIELD agents, and a relatively Hydra free world. There is probably little chance the attack from space on Earth wasn't noticed by the rest of the world, so you know that's going to play into events going forward. Because Daisy's mom was killed before she was born, there will be no alt-Daisy so the chances of him living in a timeline that leads to the Earth being quaked apart is pretty much nil. But Afterlife being destroyed by Nathaniel probably means that little girl May had to kill will never be born. Coulson seemed new to SHIELD in the early 90s during Captain Marvel, but what about Fury? Was he at one of the bases that were destroyed and will no longer become Director someday? So who is the agent that Carol will meet when she falls out of the sky in 1996? Ward's life probably won't be affected until the time he would have been recruited by Garrett, so in this timeline, he'll probably stay in jail for arson, get out in his 40s, and just be a general menace to society. But Tony Stark already exists but will now be raised by just his mom, and might never follow in his father's footsteps to take over Stark Industries. She might sell the business to Stane and be done with it and Tony focuses on robotics and AI instead, but that also means he is never kidnapped by terrorists and forced to become Ironman or had to live with the guilt of his weapons being sold to bad guys behind his back. But Steve is still in the ice. And Thor will still come, bringing Loki. But without Fury will there be any Avengers? Ah, the mind boggles with possibilities.
Things might not unfold the same way, but, it will work out.

That's how you do a proper finale. BRAVO S.H.I.E.L.D.

Coulson really did the unthinkable.

What unthinkable are you referring to?

I have to admit, and I'm a little bit surprised at my own self for this, but I did catch myself getting a little upset on Deke's behalf today just thinking about the fact that he had to strand himself in an alternate timeline where he will never see any of his friends or the family that has left just so he could finally get some respect. Which is really kind of sad when you think about it. Sure he played it off as his moment to "step aside" so Daniel and Daisy could be together (like they'd let his feelings stop them) but you have to figure that it kills him just a little bit that no one would really miss him.

I did quite like the rest of the finale and where the rest of the team ended up. Although I'm not super keen on Daisy and Daniel together. I love both characters, but... meh. I did love the idea of them in space though. I can't help but wonder though if any of them got around to telling him about how Steve Rogers was found in 2009 and was a "man out of time" like him. I kinda woulda loved to see his reaction. But it's like they aren't even allowed to say the names of any of the MCU characters anymore.

If Jemma had all her memories I don't think she would've been happy with Deke staying. Did she even know he was her grandson at that point?

Great finale. They stuck the landing. Would have been nice to see one last appearance of Deathlok and Mockingbird, but that more of a nit pick. Can't complain about everything else.

I really hope they can do a spin off or something. The show really found it's stride, and made use of cast more.

If Jemma had all her memories I don't think she would've been happy with Deke staying. Did she even know he was her grandson at that point?

Jemma had all of her memories, with exception to where Fitz was until Nathaniel tried using Chronicom tech to find out where Fitz was which triggered the implate to erase everything about him. Then when Cybil injected her with something to dissolve the implant, she lost track of everything for about an episode but got it all back when they brought Fitz in from the Quantum Realm. So she only didn't know Deke was her grandson for about a day. So TBH the question confuses me. Because the rest of the time she seemed to be content to have him around.

Season 6 was so long ago, I forgot Flint had come back from the future to the present. I was surprised and happy to see him.

They were saying it was a scheduling conflict with something else he was working on, and so they worked around his absence.

He had signed on to do Us with Tom Hollander on the BBC before they were picked up for season 7 .

Diane Doan also had scheduling issues as she was in South Africa filming Warrior and flew to LA and went straight into AoS and they then had to lie about it for a year

He had signed on to do Us with Tom Hollander on the BBC before they were picked up for season 7 .

Diane Doan also had scheduling issues as she was in South Africa filming Warrior and flew to LA and went straight into AoS and they then had to lie about it for a year

Are Tom Hollanders Tom Holland fans?

I'm a bit confused. Let me preface by saying I'm a HUGE Coulson and May fan and SUPER disappointed that they were the only couple who didn't have a good ending. Whedon as already said that there is no plan to create a spin off so I don't really understand the story line closure of May. I get that Coulson LMD is going to do his thing. Did May get her emotions back? There was a glance at Phil while the group was talking and it looked like she had a glimmer of her feelings for him but I wasn't sure. Earlier, when Phil drew the red X on the floor, they both agreed that they are different people and that Phil isn't just tech. I took that to mean he actually has feelings? Can you tell I'm reaching? LOL Any insight would be appreciated. I think I'm going to have to read fanfiction for closure.

I'm a bit confused. Let me preface by saying I'm a HUGE Coulson and May fan and SUPER disappointed that they were the only couple who didn't have a good ending. Whedon as already said that there is no plan to create a spin off so I don't really understand the story line closure of May. I get that Coulson LMD is going to do his thing. Did May get her emotions back? There was a glance at Phil while the group was talking and it looked like she had a glimmer of her feelings for him but I wasn't sure. Earlier, when Phil drew the red X on the floor, they both agreed that they are different people and that Phil isn't just tech. I took that to mean he actually has feelings? Can you tell I'm reaching? LOL Any insight would be appreciated. I think I'm going to have to read fanfiction for closure.

Yeah no Philinda in the finale was a big mark against the last 2 episodes in my opinion, overall, the last season could've been a lot better then it was.

It was a bit hard to follow. I still think there is room for a spin off. The writers are so creative that they could come up with something. Clark Gregg has already said there isn’t a scenario where, if asked, where he would turn down a role for Coulson. If they try to do a Coulson/May thing with Daisy as their “child”, that will be gross. Daisy is def not a favorite of mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"