• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor's costume hasn't changed much at all in the four movies he's been in so far.

Thor's costume hasn't changed much at all in the four movies he's been in so far.
They gave him a tunic and ditched the weird leather pants look from Avengers.

I'm not overly fond of this suit, but Spider-Man will (presumably) be making plenty more appearances in the MCU, so there's always the chance that they'll get to the traditional look eventually. Hell, it took them three movies to get Thor's look right.

Speaking of traditional looks, in the promo art for Civil War, Cap had the chainmail on his chest and arms, never ended up in the movie though :huh:

does-captain-america-s-new-costume-tease-a-major-civil-war-plot-twist-700086.jpg

I imagine either the texturing was off in set lighting, or else the individual scales were too much trouble to attach and keep attached ( depending on whether they are distinct or just texture ).

Or maybe they're saving it for Infinity Wars. Which I expect to be pretty much 50% fanservice. And having a faithful chainmail inspired suit would be accurate fanservice. :)

they should just use the CW suit. No need to change it. Let it get showcased in a full film appearance

Or maybe they're saving it for Infinity Wars. Which I expect to be pretty much 50% fanservice. And having a faithful chainmail inspired suit would be accurate fanservice. :)

Scale armor. Chainmail is the armor made of interlocking rings. And a fun little fact: "chainmail" is an incorrect term; it is just "mail", as it comes from the word "maille" which literally means "stitched loops" or "chain". So saying "chainmail" is like saying "chainchain". :yay:

Let's leave Thor and Cap's costumes for the Avengers boards.

Now back to Spider-mans costume. In an earlier post I was talking about the lack of a face mask. Since that post we've seen more pictures. Spider-man will indeed have a face mask. Those first set pics was just a scene where he's likely taking the mask off. So it's the suit with a detachable mask.

Like all the other films though, the actor and stunt men are wearing a one piece suit with a face mask.

I'm not all that concerned about the mouth since Civil War was basically the test one. I expect to see movement via cgi. Then again I don't know how Deadpool pulled it off. Maybe CGI or maybe it was just thick enough.

Let's leave Thor and Cap's costumes for the Avengers boards.

Now back to Spider-mans costume. In an earlier post I was talking about the lack of a face mask. Since that post we've seen more pictures. Spider-man will indeed have a face mask. Those first set pics was just a scene where he's likely taking the mask off. So it's the suit with a detachable mask.

Like all the other films though, the actor and stunt men are wearing a one piece suit with a face mask.

I'm not all that concerned about the mouth since Civil War was basically the test one. I expect to see movement via cgi. Then again I don't know how Deadpool pulled it off. Maybe CGI or maybe it was just thick enough.

Deadpool had a half face mask

Now that we have the classic Red & Blue tradational suit, I can't wait to see the alien costume get a proper introduction in live action.

So hope to see the Iron Spider on the big screen one day.

I don't particularly want to see it in his solo series (certainly not this first film), but it would be a cool after-credits in Homecoming as Tony prepares for him to use it in Infinity War.

Now that we have the classic Red & Blue tradational suit, I can't wait to see the alien costume get a proper introduction in live action.

My body is so ready. I hope they go full DeFalco + the added touch of the suit bringing out his dark side.

I hope they make the Symbiote suit actually seem alien, like it's moving a bit while it's on him and almost glossy in texture when daylight/light hits it.

I hope they make the Symbiote suit actually seem alien, like it's moving a bit while it's on him and almost glossy in texture when daylight/light hits it.

A nice black with a purple/blue tint would be amazing.

tumblr_npblq9r2v81tg07vxo1_400.jpg
55f2fcd923ce0.jpg

Spiderman web of shadows handled the licing aspects of the suit nicely. It was slightly iridescent in the light kind of like motor oil. And swirled around on the body.

I definitely think we will get a better adaptation of the black suit this go-round (if they do it).

As much as I like Spider-Man 3, you could tell Raimi was a little scared of the full alien effect. I think if MCU does adapt it, we'll see the shape-changing into street clothes etc, and all kinds of cool stuff.

I definitely think we will get a better adaptation of the black suit this go-round (if they do it).

As much as I like Spider-Man 3, you could tell Raimi was a little scared of the full alien effect. I think if MCU does adapt it, we'll see the shape-changing into street clothes etc, and all kinds of cool stuff.

This reminds me of how great the 90's show was. I know there's people on here who loved it, but it seems as though Spectacular gets most of the praise. Not to take anything away from the show either, it was gold.

This reminds me of how great the 90's show was. I know there's people on here who loved it, but it seems as though Spectacular gets most of the praise. Not to take anything away from the show either, it was gold.

I'm a MUCH bigger fan of Spectacular because I feel it was great the whole way through. There's some bad to trudge through on the 90s show, but I do love it dearly. The Alien Costume saga was easily the peak of the show (besides maybe Turning Point).

A nice black with a purple/blue tint would be amazing.

tumblr_npblq9r2v81tg07vxo1_400.jpg
55f2fcd923ce0.jpg

:up:

Both shows are amazing in different ways. There will always be things I prefer from TAS and likewise with Spectacular.

I think the main reason why TAS isn't as highly regarded is that it's a bit dated and the censorship hurt it. Anything involving Venom, with the exception of the Carnage episode (IMO, of course), was pure gold though. You can tell John Semper Jr. really put care into the Venom saga and I'm really glad to own it on DVD.

I think the thing with Spectacular is that it's more streamlined and feels classic while updating it enough to feel modern at the same time. I love the 90's show since I grew up with it and it is pretty great in its own right, but SS just feels a bit more definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"