Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 8

I loved the eyes in this movie, they were such a treat visually. In Civil War they were a bit too rigidly animated but in homecoming they managed to make them much more expressive. As for the rest of the suit I don't mind the design but there's room for improvement. I don't really know how Peter's gonna alter the design since this version is grounded in the sense that Peter doesn't have the skills of a professional tailor, but I'm sure Marvel figures it out somehow

I loved the eyes in this movie, they were such a treat visually. In Civil War they were a bit too rigidly animated e Marvel

That's a good thing. They are supposed to be mechanical not the cartoonish 'Deadpool' eyes.

This is Andy Park's concept art for homecoming. Would love to see Holland evolve to this eventually.

tuqRCrG.jpg

*Right Click, Save As*

Yes please. This design is much more fluid and streamlined. Huge improvement over what we currently have.

Last edited:
For the people who want the black bands removed, how do you feel about the external webshooters? I feel like the bands complement the web shooters. I don't hate the bands but I do dislike the lines on his legs.

For the people who want the black bands removed, how do you feel about the external webshooters? I feel like the bands complement the web shooters. I don't hate the bands but I do dislike the lines on his legs.

I don't mind the bands on on the forearms for the webshooters, I think those look fine. My only real problem with the black bands in general is that they break up the red portions for the rest of the suit awkwardly. If they were the boarder of the red and blue sections I think they'd be a lot better. The red on both sides makes it look weird.

Didn't see the movie yet. But did Stark design his web-shooters too?

This is Andy Park's concept art for homecoming. Would love to see Holland evolve to this eventually.

tuqRCrG.jpg

This is Park's design for Civil War. Andy didn't do any work on Homecoming which I think is a first for a Marvel Studio movie since Phase 1.

Last edited:
My only real problem with the black bands in general is that they break up the red portions for the rest of the suit awkwardly. If they were the boarder of the red and blue sections I think they'd be a lot better. The red on both sides makes it look weird.
Exactly this. The black bands on the shoulders and forearms break the red portion of the arms into three segments. From a design perspective, it makes no sense. It needlessly complicates an otherwise streamlined and fluid aesthetic. It'd honestly make more sense to ditch the red arms altogether if they wanted to have these black bands.

I also agree that the black bands would work better if they went along the borders of the red and blue sections of the suit.

That's a good thing. They are supposed to be mechanical not the cartoonish 'Deadpool' eyes.

You didn't like the eyes in homecoming? I thought they struck a great balance between expressive and grounded

I've gotta say I kinda love how light and faded the webbing is on Holland's costume. In some shots it looks like it's not even there, which reminds me of the 2000 video game that was basically my childhood and my favorite Spider-Man media ever. It's great to see that look in at least one movie.

maxresdefault.jpg

$

I've gotta say I kinda love how light and faded the webbing is on Holland's costume. In some shots it looks like it's not even there, which reminds me of the 2000 video game that was basically my childhood and my favorite Spider-Man media ever. It's great to see that look in at least one movie.

maxresdefault.jpg

$

:sly::sly::sly::up:

The costume colours, materials and eyes are better in Civil War. I'm putting that down to them having to make a live action version and then a CG version of the live action version.
Also, can we admit right now that ILM are way better effects people than SPI. Spider-Man's CG just looked better in Civil War.

You absolutely nailed it Spider-Neil:

ILM >>> Imageworks and CW >>> SMH cgi.

And I feel as you do. The colors of the CW Spidey suit was bang on, the pastel colors on SHC suit really turned me off.

Last edited:
I disagree, Spider-Man looked like a cartoon in Civil War. It looked better in Homecoming for the most part, but it also looks different because of the small changes in the color and design.

I disagree, Spider-Man looked like a cartoon in Civil War. It looked better in Homecoming for the most part, but it also looks different because of the small changes in the color and design.

Can't agree. For me, The animation is dead on in CW. In SMH the animation is spongy and unrealistic. In CW ILM ensure the poses aren't too 'out there'. In SMH, the poses are exaggerated and cartoony. And whilst the poses are more like you would see in a comic, comics are not movies and realism (not bending or stretching the character too much) is better.

Last edited:
Can't agree. For me, The animation is dead on in CW. In SMH the animation is spongy and unrealistic. In CW ILM ensure the poses out too 'out there' in SMH the poses are exaggerated and cartoony and whilst the poses are more like you would see in a comic, comics are not movies and realism (not bending or stretching the character too much) is better.

I don't remember seeing them bend and stretch Spidey, sure there were moments you could tell its CG but it all felt grounded to me.

i just got out of the Spiderman screening :D :up::up:

this is an incredible movie. absolutely rewatchable. better than the Tobey Spidermans and thats saying A LOT!

also
how about that Ironspider suit eh eh?:atp:
also how Aunt May finally found out :lmao:
also Jenny Connelly as the Spidey suit AI :applaud:

and is Michelle REALLY MJ? because idk what to believe anymore :thf:

Love the costume, as something Tony designed based off his "homemade" rags. Hoping he creates his own again with some modern touches but without 95% of the tech.

I don't care much for the AI, but I can't see "Karen" going anywhere because it allows for a natural running monologue that otherwise might come off as hokey or cartoonish.

Makes sense and I can get over it.

I don't care much for the AI, but I can't see "Karen" going anywhere because it allows for a natural running monologue that otherwise might come off as hokey or cartoonish.

Makes sense and I can get over it.
Same here. Marvel are doing something new with the suit and I think they had to. It's their point of difference, and really, who wouldn't want a suit like this? It's a cool piece of gear. I always thought going back to a homemade suit after this would be a huge regression. That's why I was happy to see it come back at the end.

One thing I like about this direction is how all the different web combinations are explained. Does it take away something from Peter's own ingenuity? Yes, I think so. But I don't have a massive issue with it for the reasons explained.

Raimi's suit has more of a visual pop, but I like Homecoming's suit just as much.

Same here. Marvel are doing something new with the suit and I think they had to. It's their point of difference, and really, who wouldn't want a suit like this? It's a cool piece of gear. I always thought going back to a homemade suit after this would be a huge regression. That's why I was happy to see it come back at the end.

One thing I like about this direction is how all the different web combinations are explained. Does it take away something from Peter's own ingenuity? Yes, I think so. But I don't have a massive issue with it for the reasons explained.

Raimi's suit has more of a visual pop, but I like Homecoming's suit just as much.

Agreed 100% with every word of your post. I look forward to exploring the possibilities of the web-shooters in future movies.

So Ryan Meinerding just confirmed that the "iron spider" costume is red, gold and black.

I was debating with a friend whether it's dark blue or black. Guess my friend won ^^

Don't know what to think about that color combination. I like my classic red and blue Spidey. I mean I know this is the MCU version's iron spider suit, but then why not keep it red and gold instead?

Just picked up the Art of Book. Really excited to see some of the other designs they tested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"