• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Mass Shootings/killings in America: the All Inclusive Thread

I'm curious what kind of sentence she's going to end up with.

When you give a child a gun and know they have mental health issues, you are guilty. They had to know their kid was not well adjusted and not mentally fit to posess a gun.

The issues in this case go well, well beyond just that. This is a very unique case.

I'm curious what kind of sentence she's going to end up with.

Involuntary manslaughter can have up to 15 years in MI. In theory you can go for the full 60, but in no way will a judge allow that. I will be shocked if she gets more than 15.

A young child was with her? So, she brought her own child with her before she committed the shooting?

Never heard of that happening before.
Sounds like she might have been protesting against Isreal, so she threw her life away for what? Crazy. :(

Sounds like she might have been protesting against Isreal, so she threw her life away for what? Crazy. :(
Yeah seems to be:
Apparently their gun had a free Palestine sticker on it too

Last edited:
When you have few gun laws it's almost impossible to buy that gun ILLEGALLY. So, yeah, not a big deal.

6 people shot... ages 14 to 71

Last edited:
Yeah seems to be:

Apparently their gun had a free Palestine sticker on it too
"There are forces of evil, but the forces that are for us, the forces of God are stronger than that."

Says the man who didn't open his church to flood victims years ago...

Hopefully the child and the man will be okay.

"There are forces of evil, but the forces that are for us, the forces of God are stronger than that."

Says the man who didn't open his church to flood victims years ago...

Hopefully the child and the man will be okay.

Some reports are the shooter had mental health issues which given they lived in Texas isn't all that surprising they had access to a gun.

Yeah, I've never been to Texas before, but I imagine it's not all that difficult to buy a gun in that state, mental health issue or not.

It doesn't seem like it's hard to get a firearm in any state in America, let alone Texas.

Mental health issues is such a vague term, there are hundreds of mental health issues ranging from relatively minor, to major. Screening for those issues when trying to acquire a weapon is never going to be enough because it will never completely put an end to mass shootings because someone who shouldn't have been allowed near a firearm will always slip through the cracks.

The only way this will ever end for America is with a near complete ban on firearms, if you want to own one, you need a damn good reason with a clean criminal record with absolutely no history of any mental health issues, ever, in your lifetime.

The only way this will ever end for America is with a near complete ban on firearms, if you want to own one, you need a damn good reason with a clean criminal record with absolutely no history of any mental health issues, ever, in your lifetime.
It would be nice if something like that could eventually happen, but something tells me it probably never will. Not with the NRA still around and most Republicans (more than likely) accepting money from that group.

Moreno had schizophrenia and been in "emotional detention" whatever that means. According to the ex-mother-in-law, "she had a particular kind of schizophrenia that caused her to become violent" meaning not just mental illness but violence, since not all most mental illnesses cause violence. There was apparently a very lengthy history of mental health issues and attempts to get a conservatorship and help but it's Texas so good luck with that. Also according to the grandmother, the child was shot in the head by one of the cops during the shooting making it even more tragic.

Not a thing about this has to do with religion so much as it involves worshipping guns and allowing people who should not own one, own one anyways. Gun laws are never going to change with the mindset that anyone can own one no matter the threat to society with groups like the NRA and those Republicans beholden to the ideology until they are no longer in power.

It would be nice if something like that could eventually happen, but something tells me it probably never will. Not with the NRA still around and most Republicans (more than likely) accepting money from that group.

It's sad to say but something will only change when the loved one of the right person with the right power & authority to do something is killed in one of these mass shootings.

One dead, 9 hurt and 3 people in custody, according to what I read online. :csad:

**** Guns

**** Cops

Give the fans who tackled the shooter free season tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"