Iron Fist MCU connections and references (Spoilers)

Anyone else sick of hearing about the incident? It bothers me so much. I wish they'd just directly reference it or leave it out. I really dont think they need to be vague bc Im pretty sure most seeing these shows have seen the Avengers. They dont need to beat around the bush

Is their really that big of a problem with the TV and movie side that they can't name drop people or places like normal human beings?

"The Incredible Green Guy"
"Flag Waver"
"The Big Guy"
"The Incident"

:whatever:

It's annoying, i'm prepared for "The Spider Kid" this fall

They said "Captain America" in Luke Cage and Daredevil season 1.

They also had a kid literally wearing a Captain America costume in Jessica Jones.

I'm not sure 'Hulk' is part of MCU common parlance. I mean, the government, SHIELD etc use it but I don't think your everyday dude would know it.

EDIT: And Thor, thinking about it.

Last edited:
I was hoping for some Doctor Strange stuff, but nothing popped out.

What else would you call the events of Avengers? It was humanity's first contact with aliens. The incident is fitting.

But the amount of references to the movies was very low.

At this point, the only other potential reference for people to make is the Sakovia Accords. Certainly, if Luke Cage wasn't set before Captain America: Civil War, it probably would have referenced it given what's happening with Agents of SHIELD. But I don't think that was necessary for Iron Fist.

There are a ton of inter-Netflix references and the Dogs of Hell Agents of SHIELD reference, but this was far more low key than what would necessarily draw Avengers comparisons.

Ep 13 during the final battle I swore I saw the big Avengers A.

Seriously how hard would it be to render Avengers Tower in the NYC skyline?

I wonder if location shooting in New York takes up a lot of their money.

Last edited:
Seriously how hard would it be to render Avengers Tower in the NYC skyline?

I wonder if location shooting in New York takes up a lot of their money.

Yeah, It's really annoying starting to get for me at this point lol
So much skyline shots ... and no Avengers Tower. Jesus ...
Can't they just re-use footage from Doctor Strange's skyline? I mean, stock footage?

Darryl, Colleen's student was in Luke Cage, we saw him getting arrested:
170321045420670580.png

I don't think this is a MCU reference but it might be a game of thrones reference.

Ward is telling Joy, "He talks about a dragon. This guy is in another world."

Joy responds by saying "He's living in ours now."

maybe but I dont think that was meant to be, although I could see the confusion. The Iron Fist is about a dragon and he literally was living in another world when he was undergoing his training. That mythology predates GoT so the fact that the actor is connected to both is more of a coincidence than reference

maybe but I dont think that was meant to be, although I could see the confusion. The Iron Fist is about a dragon and he literally was living in another world when he was undergoing his training. That mythology predates GoT so the fact that the actor is connected to both is more of a coincidence than reference

if it was meant to be a subtle reference it's just how both universes talk about dragons and how he's living in their world now

Anyone else sick of hearing about the incident? It bothers me so much. I wish they'd just directly reference it or leave it out. I really dont think they need to be vague bc Im pretty sure most seeing these shows have seen the Avengers. They dont need to beat around the bush

Think about it, if you were a New Yorker and that situation happened pretty much in your backyard..........Are you really gonna call it 'The Battle Of New York'? That's something the rest of the world calls it. 'The Incident' is how average, locals from New York refer to it.

On topic, the first thing I remembered noticing was the reporter from Luke Cage.

Yeah, but not everyone would call it 'The Incident' either...Mix it up a bit.
I mean what else would you call it? Incident I guess is more succinct than Battle for NY. I mean it wasn't technically a full on invasion.

Think about it, if you were a New Yorker and that situation happened pretty much in your backyard..........Are you really gonna call it 'The Battle Of New York'? That's something the rest of the world calls it. 'The Incident' is how average, locals from New York refer to it.

On topic, the first thing I remembered noticing was the reporter from Luke Cage.

Battle of NY sounds even worse and not where I was going with that.

Where was Stan Lee? I must have missed his appearance.

In the background when Claire and someone was talking outside. It was just a sign/board though. The same one from the precinct in DD I think.

Edit: The last episode, the scene with Claire and Hogarth, somewhere after the 7 minute mark. The camera even focuses on him before the scene ends.

Last edited:
For some reason they had Mary's backstory telling us she was captured in the country of sokovia, makes no sense maybe its just a harmless nod or maybe setting up something who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"