• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU Dazzler movie

I like the idea of it being a partial musical, I think that works really well. I also think it could be really interesting if it worked like that but the sound actually came from Dazzler, her powers are actually what are making the images and sound around her during the plot-forwarding segments. Kinda like Gisele from Enchanted. That could be a lot of fun.

I like the idea of bringing in songwriters to do an album, essentially for a band.

Just some words then use @ and a search feature will show up and just type Kevin Feige. His account will show up, then click his name. For your long post/pitch. You can screengrab it then just attach it to your tweet. You can also use hashtags like #DazzlerTheMovie

Ok thanks. I might have to experiment with smaller tweets before sending anything his way just to get the hang of it.

I like the idea of it being a partial musical, I think that works really well. I also think it could be really interesting if it worked like that but the sound actually came from Dazzler, her powers are actually what are making the images and sound around her during the plot-forwarding segments. Kinda like Gisele from Enchanted. That could be a lot of fun.

I like the idea of bringing in songwriters to do an album, essentially for a band.

I think they could use the way Karolina Dean lights up in Runaways as a reference for how Dazzler could light up. I think it could also be a good idea for her to generate some of the sound and images too.

Another reference they should look at is the stage musical Starlight Express. That is entirely on roller skates and has lots of strobe lights and other special effects. The performers are often doing dazzling stunts on their skates and singing at the same time.

I think Dazzler could do that. It would look spectacular. And if so many singers have learnt to skate and do stunts while performing, the actress who plays Dazzler surely can as well. The more dangerous stunts can be left to a stunt woman. That would also allow for a great skate chase/ fight sequence or performance.

It would be great if they brought in Songbird/ Screaming Mimi as one of the villains. That would allow them to have a proper performance-based fight at the end. I think she has fought Dazzler before in the comics.

But what if they also got Ulysses Klaw from Black Panther? He's a being of pure sound.

The other villain they could've used (but he's already been used in Agents of SHIELD) is Angar the Screamer. I think he was in a relationship with Songbird. Of course, people won't remember him from that episode.

I'm not sure which songwriters should be brought in. Hasn't the Edge done something before?

Do they get a pop/ rock band/ singer to write? Or a musical writer like Andrew Lloyd Webber? If they got Lloyd Webber, you can be sure it would eventually become a proper stage musical too.

Some other casting suggestions are:

Zac Effron as Longshot or Arcade
John Travolta as Mojo
Ashley Tisdale as Songbird (although she could potentially play Dazzler as well).

It would be guaranteed to make a stash of cash if they got Efron for longshot. I wonder if he could rock a mullet?

we haven't even seen x-men and F4 done justice on the big screen yet.
so in my opinion, i don't think it's needed at all. just like gambit, or multiple man.

somewhere down the line, maybe.

IMO, just utilize her as a member of the X-Men. Outside of the comics, she was a X-Woman in Pryde of the X-Men cartoon. And I am sureKinberg has wasted her in Dark Phoenix.

I love Dazzler. I have since I was a X-Men obsessed kid and discovered her back issues in a thrift shop. I think she might work better on TV than in a big tentpole movie.

Nooooo make it a movie! I'm kind of over quirky musical tv shows. Make a big superhero musical!

I wonder who would direct it. Joss has always wanted to do a musical and he would probably be perfect but he's probably busy. Julie taymor would be amazing but I suggest her for everything.

Her epic Disney sensibilities from the lion king mixing with the pyschedelia of across the universe would be a treat for everyone!

Nooooo make it a movie! I'm kind of over quirky musical tv shows. Make a big superhero musical!

I wonder who would direct it. Joss has always wanted to do a musical and he would probably be perfect but he's probably busy. Julie taymor would be amazing but I suggest her for everything.

Her epic Disney sensibilities from the lion king mixing with the pyschedelia of across the universe would be a treat for everyone!

I agree. It should be a movie. That would also be ultimately less work.

For a TV show, they would have to keep writing songs on a weekly basis. And choreographing routines. It would end up much more effort than writing fewer songs for a movie. Plus I don't think they would be able to do all the special effects for TV every week.

Not sure who could direct. It would have to be someone who can both direct musicals and action.

BUT, parade raining aside, I have a question do you guys want Dazzler to be a traditional musical, where the sound is non-diagetic, or a movie with diagetic sound, where the music performance is in the plot? In a traditional musical, like Frozen or Annie, the characters aren't themselves singers in the plot, there isn't even usually a band, music just 'happens' like a magic, and the audience just accepts this as a caveat of the genre, like they accept magic in a fantasy story...
So, which are you guys thinking of a traditional musical with some musical performance in it, like Hairspray? Or a story with totally diagetic sound, like August Rush?

If this happens I would like the singing and music to be part of the story. I don't want the actors breaking into song and singing their lines for no reason.

I always envisioned Pink to be a decent Dazzler, but she is definitely an older choice than the ones you have been mentioning.

Also, include Longshot, but have him die eventually. I'd rather have Alison end up with Guido than that 4-fingered clown.

Last edited:
I see a Dazzler movie as a coming of age type film in the vein of Saturday Night Fever, Purple Rain, Roll Bounce, Save the Last Dance, etc.--with some Star (FOX series) mixed in.

"A young impressionable woman trying to cope with her day to day life (parents, job, expectations, etc.). Her outlet is the retro New York dance club scene (Disco, Pop, Hip-Hop) where she competes in a dance contest with her friends. But her life becomes even more complicated when she discovers she's a mutant."

I think this approach would press all the right buttons as well as allow Marvel to tap a genre that would adapt easily to Dazzler. To be young and rudderless in New York--the night life, the drama, the trouble and at times awkward situations Dazzler would find herself in.

In the end there could be a hint toward's X'Aviers School for the Gifted.

PG13...R if Marvel wanted to push the sex, drugs and obscenity angle...

I see a Dazzler movie as a coming of age type film in the vein of Saturday Night Fever, Purple Rain, Roll Bounce, Save the Last Dance, etc.--with some Star (FOX series) mixed in.

"A young impressionable woman trying to cope with her day to day life (parents, job, expectations, etc.). Her outlet is the retro New York dance club scene (Disco, Pop, Hip-Hop) where she competes in a dance contest with her friends. But her life becomes even more complicated when she discovers she's a mutant."

I think this approach would press all the right buttons as well as allow Marvel to tap a genre that would adapt easily to Dazzler. To be young and rudderless in New York--the night life, the drama, the trouble and at times awkward situations Dazzler would find herself in.

In the end there could be a hint toward's X'Aviers School for the Gifted.

PG13...R if Marvel wanted to push the sex, drugs and obscenity angle...

That sounds interesting and could work. I'd definitely make it a roller disco though rather than just a disco. That would leave room for some spectacular sequences.

Yeah the roller disco angle would fit perfectly. It's her outlet. That angle alone would make her an outcast of sorts. Her and her friends are quirky but their day to day lives are filled with the redundant boredom of "normalcy". She wants more, she wants to find her place, she wants to be out from under the thumb and scrutiny of her parents (take your pick: hard drinking father/mother, resentful father/mother, step-parents, etc.)

Best of all I think it will provide a lot of what Logan did for the genre. Take the genre out of it's comfort zone but not so far that it's no longer a comicbook movie....if that makes sense.

She's conflicted about her powers of course--it makes her special, but still a freak. She comes out to her friend(s) unsure of how they'll take it. Their response is mixed--distrust: is she using her powers during the competition--is her being a mutant an unfair advantage, is she dangerous. nah, she's still "Jenny from the block". A sequence where she accidentally hurts one of her friends would bring the "potentially dangerous mutant angle" home to the audience. Yet they coud still sympathize with the character's plight.

Of course you'll have a few set pieces where she discovers her powers, uses her powers and ultimately decides stopping a crime by one of her closest friends (relative? younger sibling? etc.) is more important than the dance contest. She thwarts the crime in her dance costume--Dazzler is born. This could play out a number of ways of course.

Feel free to flesh it out some more. I think the gist is obvious and I would understand if some felt it was derivative. But I think for a Dazzler movie and the natural/organic progression of the MCU (with mutants) it simply fits like a glove.

What do you think of Jude Demorest or similar look as Alison Blaire? I don't want the girl next door look, something more ....seasoned...mature? I can't find the word to describe the look. It's the look Travolta had....street smart....it said pretty Italian boy from Brooklyn/Queens.

I'd rather she looks like classic Dazzler than something more seasoned or mature. I would prefer that she is younger and less confident and that it's the roller disco and her singing and performance that allows her to let down her hair and feel more like herself and break free.

If she's too seasoned, it's not really a coming of age story anymore. I would like her to feel like others don't get her and think she's more of an introvert in her everyday life. But when she puts on that Kiss makeup, silver-white jumpsuit and roller skates and begins to sing, she sheds all her inhibitions.

People naturally would think she wouldn't be able to do that, because they would make assumptions about her (which is what people often do about the more introverted). They would naturally assume her introverted self is her true self and that maybe as Dazzler she's putting on an act, but in fact she feels more like herself as Dazzler and her "true self" (the introverted one) is just the one who has fallen into a rut and can't break free of the way everyone knows her to be and what they expect of her.

And it could all be also a metaphor for her mutant powers. As she performs and does something that is more showy and outgoing, she is tapping into the mutant side that is her true self too.

Her first onstage performance as Dazzler (ie the first song as Dazzler, but not the first song just as ordinary Alison Blaire in the film) could almost be a "Let it Go" type moment where she sheds her inhibitions and becomes who she knows herself to be.

It would be guaranteed to make a stash of cash if they got Efron for longshot. I wonder if he could rock a mullet?
I don't think it would be guaranteed at all. Case in point, the Baywatch movie.

I'd rather she looks like classic Dazzler than something more seasoned or mature. I would prefer that she is younger and less confident and that it's the roller disco and her singing and performance that allows her to let down her hair and feel more like herself and break free.

If she's too seasoned, it's not really a coming of age story anymore. I would like her to feel like others don't get her and think she's more of an introvert in her everyday life. But when she puts on that Kiss makeup, silver-white jumpsuit and roller skates and begins to sing, she sheds all her inhibitions.

People naturally would think she wouldn't be able to do that, because they would make assumptions about her (which is what people often do about the more introverted). They would naturally assume her introverted self is her true self and that maybe as Dazzler she's putting on an act, but in fact she feels more like herself as Dazzler and her "true self" (the introverted one) is just the one who has fallen into a rut and can't break free of the way everyone knows her to be and what they expect of her.

And it could all be also a metaphor for her mutant powers. As she performs and does something that is more showy and outgoing, she is tapping into the mutant side that is her true self too.

Her first onstage performance as Dazzler (ie the first song as Dazzler, but not the first song just as ordinary Alison Blaire in the film) could almost be a "Let it Go" type moment where she sheds her inhibitions and becomes who she knows herself to be.

I can see it. How far are you taking the musical angle?

I can see it. How far are you taking the musical angle?

Well as I mentioned on the previous page, it would use something like School of Rock (the stage musical) or the Sound of Music as a template. Or I suppose it could even take the Saturday Night Fever musical as a template.

These have actual performed songs as part of a concert or stage production, but then they have some songs in between which move the plot along and are some of their own private inner thoughts.

High School Musical also did something similar to that. They had a big stage production at the end plus some rehearsals. Those were songs which they were really singing. Then there were songs where they were voicing their inner monologues or having conversations with each other where they broke out into song.

I think Dazzler would need something like that. It can't be all stage performances. You need ballads and other styles to reflect the mood they're experiencing.

I wouldn't make it a sung through musical (like Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera) but more like HSM, The Sound of Music, Grease etc. Except they need more songs performed than Grease the movie. That had too many which were played just in the background. The stage musical (or even the Grease Live TV special) used more of the songs from the musical, and it sounded much better.

I always found the stage musical of Grease more interesting than the movie as a story, because the songs were more prominent. The film version feels like it only has about 6 or 7 good songs with long breaks in between.

Also, Saturday Night Fever (the musical) has more songs in it than the film. It uses other BeeGees hits that aren't in the film but are well known. For example, Disco Inferno and You Should Be Dancing are only the SNF soundtrack but not in the film, but the musical uses these in the show itself. And it also uses Immortality and Jive Talking which I don't think are even on the SNF soundtrack.

I'd make Dazzler like a combination of the musical (not film) versions of Saturday Night Fever, Grease Live, Xanadu, Starlight Express (this is only a musical), School of Rock, and Rock of Ages. I'd even take some cues from High School Musical.

Dazzler the comic series isn't even a musical. So for this I am against this musical/solo Dazzler flick agenda.

What the hell? How on earth would someone even have a musical comic book?

They could include music notes, to indicate that the words are being sung? Anyway just because Dazzler is a popstar, it doesn't mean the film should be a musical. Will her enemies sing too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"