• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Woman: Underestimated Franchise or Waste of Time?

someone on a different thread said rhona mitra for JD

Two Words For Jessica Drew!...........

............megan

............fox!

Wouldn't they have to explain all about Hydra(& thus SHIELD as well) in order to tell her story?

Wouldn't they have to explain all about Hydra(& thus SHIELD as well) in order to tell her story?

Joys of movies is they can always alter the origin as they see fit. Besides there are two versions of the origin if memory serves correct.

True, but the Hydra one is the better of the two.

Probably condense it some way. I could see going the MEMENTO route with flashbacks or something like that.

At first I was against, but I think it could possibly work.

I mean if they take it seriously, get a good actress, put a good director behind the camera, it could be a winner.

The costume alone warrants a neccessity to play it straight. You can't have some A-list actress running around in this and not expect it to be about the eye candy.

spiderwoman_cho.jpg

Probably make it less shiny.

I'm starting to like the idea of Megan Fox more and more as Spider-Woman. Mmmm....yeah, sorry sidetracked.

I think a Spider-Woman movie is a horrible idea as essentially she is one in a number of characters who tried to cash in on "Spider-Man"'s good fortune.

I think a Spider-Woman movie has huge potential to be a major hit. Her powers are pretty cool, her costume is stylish, her Hydra backstory is interesting, and she is the female counterpart the megapopular Spider-man.

Story ideas and casting suggestions welcome.

in J Jonah.Jameson's words 'MEGA-CRAP!!!"

Blah, blah, the usual hate, blah, blah.

I doubt it'll ever happen but they can always shoot for the animated approach if it comes down to it. The character had an animated series back in the 70s, so it's not stretching anything.

Feel the same on that one if they go the live action approach.

Hope on some level that they do one at some point with her.

No, I think Spider-Woman would be a waste of time.

I couldn't care less if she had the potential to be good (Howard the Duck had the potential to be good), if any superhero is going to get a franchise, let's let the big names take up that mantle. Especially since Spider-Woman would seem to be a Spider-Man cash-in, it makes this idea even worse.

That's why I referenced animated series.

The odds of this happening are slim, but speculation is always in good fun.

Spider-Woman sure is great to look at (and cool in the comics), and Megan Fox, too.

My feelings exactly on that one.

That's why I referenced animated series.

The odds of this happening are slim, but speculation is always in good fun.

Oh no, I hope you didn't think that I was speaking directly to you.
Yeah, speculation is always fun. This wouldn't be the Hype without it.

Oh no, I hope you didn't think that I was speaking directly to you.
Yeah, speculation is always fun. This wouldn't be the Hype without it.

Nah, figured you weren't. Do you see you around plenty on here though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"