MCU Dazzler movie

Now that the X-Men are back with Disney, we no longer have to talk about whether Fox would ever do a Dazzler movie.

Hopefully Disney and Marvel see the value of having a Dazzler musical and tapping that genre, and we can finally get this movie after all these years. It would bring the Dazzler character full circle if she did get a movie made, since that's how she was conceived in the first place.

Get some Disney song writers to pen the musical numbers and help adapt a script.

Which directors could be suitable for this?

I'm not interested in any solo X-Films.

Well Dazzler was never an X-Man to begin with. She was only added to their ranks later on. She's unlike most of the other X-Men characters in that she didn't just start off as one of many of their supporting characters. She had her own book and was completely independent of them.

She's like Ms Marvel (now Captain Marvel) who had her own book and wasn't an Avenger to begin with.

Dazzler joining the X-Men was more like she took the typical Avengers route of being someone from a solo book who joined the team rather than someone who was only ever known for being part of the team.

Dazzler could totally support her own movie without having to make too much reference to the X-Men. Of course, they probably would throw in some references, but we could get her story and have all the songs, and audiences would still be fine with that, especially all the musical fans.

I see Dazzler as a X-Woman than a character who headlines her own stories.

Now that the X-Men are back with Disney, we no longer have to talk about whether Fox would ever do a Dazzler movie.

Hopefully Disney and Marvel see the value of having a Dazzler musical and tapping that genre, and we can finally get this movie after all these years. It would bring the Dazzler character full circle if she did get a movie made, since that's how she was conceived in the first place.

Get some Disney song writers to pen the musical numbers and help adapt a script.

Which directors could be suitable for this?

I want this. A musical Marvel movie would make my day.

I want this. A musical Marvel movie would make my day.

It's time they did one. Even if it were a film on Disney+, it would still work.

High School Musical started out only as a Disney Channel original movie but was so big that it spawned two sequels and a spin-off, one of which was in movie theatres (HSM 3). And people still remember the franchise years later.

A Dazzler musical movie has so much potential on so many levels. It could spawn a hit soundtrack and hit singles in the charts. People could even be singing the songs years later without even knowing which film it comes from, thereby transcending the movie and Marvel cinematic universe. And it could even spawn a stage musical on Broadway or the West End as well.

Something like this could have a huge four quadrant appeal that some of the other Marvel movies wouldn't have, because it wouldn't be just a superhero film but a movie for everyone.

It's time they did one. Even if it were a film on Disney+, it would still work.

High School Musical started out only as a Disney Channel original movie but was so big that it spawned two sequels and a spin-off, one of which was in movie theatres (HSM 3). And people still remember the franchise years later.

A Dazzler musical movie has so much potential on so many levels. It could spawn a hit soundtrack and hit singles in the charts. People could even be singing the songs years later without even knowing which film it comes from, thereby transcending the movie and Marvel cinematic universe. And it could even spawn a stage musical on Broadway or the West End as well.

Something like this could have a huge four quadrant appeal that some of the other Marvel movies wouldn't have, because it wouldn't be just a superhero film but a movie for everyone.

I like this idea. Dazzler's mutant power is also not expensive to create via f/x (sound transforms into light), and they don't need to emphasize too much on the fact that she's mutant. They can approach her character very differently than other X-Men in the MCU.

They should get Kenny Ortega to direct. Not only is he a proven success with movies like high school musical and hocus pocus but it would be great to have a movie directed by a gay director who isn’t disgusting.

Oh my gosh maybe he could even organise a Kathy Najimy cameo!

Honestly, Id rather see a X-Men musical than a solo Dazzler musical film. It can still be Dazzler centric but having the Dazzler interacting with the team and belting out the songs, would be Xpectacular!

X-Men: The Dazzling Showgirl

Honestly, Id rather see a X-Men musical than a solo Dazzler musical film. It can still be Dazzler centric but having the Dazzler interacting with the team and belting out the songs, would be Xpectacular!

Marketing it as primarily an X-Men film makes it as if they are just trying to turn X-Men into a musical. Dazzler however, is by nature a musical concept.

It's like the difference between having the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover episode where some people didn't like it because it felt like a musical was being imposed upon it, compared to something like Glee or High School Musical where they are by their very nature a musical. People can't complain that Glee or High School Musical are too full of singing and dancing, because that's what they're supposed to be.

Similarly, if you have a Dazzler movie, you immediately expect it to be a musical and no-one will fault it for being one. In fact, you would fault it if it weren't one. On the other hand, you don't expect that for X-Men, and many could think it has strayed too far from its roots.

Thing is you want it to be a musical because Dazzler is a popstar. But if you read her solo comics, there's nothing musical-ly about them, like she doesn't really sing her own thoughts and ramdomly break through a dance number in the middle of the street. If they gonna have her do a musical film might as well include the X-Men as the supporting cast. She can be the Tracy Turnblad of the MCu.

Oh my gosh Tracey turnblad, I love her, she’s so plucky.

Honestly I would go even further and have an MMCU. A musical marvel cinematic universe! Every character has a musical. Avengers! Doctor strange! Black panther!!

Dazzler: The Musical... still a nope from me.

Dazzler: The Movie with an occasional performance in a concert setting, that I'm down with. A film with a Dazzler soundtrack as a marketing ploy, that's something I'd be down for as well.

I don't need to see the character breaking into song... fighting a baddie... getting ready for a date... whatever...

She's a mutant, she's a member (part-time, occasional, reserve) of the X-men, she's a singer... one element/trait/etc. doesn't supersede everything else.

I used to hate the idea of a Dazzler solo movie, especially led by Lady Gaga. But now it only grows on me.

The idea of making a musical superhero movie is very cool and something we haven't seen yet. And now it doesn't make much sense to adapt Dazzler as a Disco singer. So something like a pop-art performer like Gaga makes much more sense.

I think there is a lot of unexplored territory regarding the mutant issue, and a Dazzler movie could offer the opportunity to explore the issue in the entertainment industry. Considering the time we're living now, with the #metoo and #timesup movement, Dazzler could be a fertile ground for another social relevant superhero movie, since it could deal with these issues directly or indirectly.

If you consider the demand for more female representation on the big screen, the idea of a never seen before musical Marvel movie, a super creative production and costume designer team (like Black Panther's and GoTG's) that can bring a visually appealing art-pop musical movie, and a great team responsible for the music (again, like BP and GoTG), plus a movie that can tackle on social relevant issues regarding the treatment of women in the industry... Marvel might have another massive hit in their hands.

Just give it to the right women to write and direct.

I used to hate the idea of a Dazzler solo movie, especially led by Lady Gaga. But now it only grows on me.

The idea of making a musical superhero movie is very cool and something we haven't seen yet. And now it doesn't make much sense to adapt Dazzler as a Disco singer. So something like a pop-art performer like Gaga makes much more sense.

I think there is a lot of unexplored territory regarding the mutant issue, and a Dazzler movie could offer the opportunity to explore the issue in the entertainment industry. Considering the time we're living now, with the #metoo and #timesup movement, Dazzler could be a fertile ground for another social relevant superhero movie, since it could deal with these issues directly or indirectly.

If you consider the demand for more female representation on the big screen, the idea of a never seen before musical Marvel movie, a super creative production and costume designer team (like Black Panther's and GoTG's) that can bring a visually appealing art-pop musical movie, and a great team responsible for the music (again, like BP and GoTG), plus a movie that can tackle on social relevant issues regarding the treatment of women in the industry... Marvel might have another massive hit in their hands.

Just give it to the right women to write and direct.

When you put it that way, it sounds awesome. I could see a film like this really taking off and being something that would appeal to a very broad audience. And the soundtrack could be truly incredible: it’s always disappointed me that Marvel doesn’t go in for original songs - a Dazzler movie would more than make up for that.

When you put it that way, it sounds awesome.

I think it has the potential to be awesome. Maybe I'm sounding crazy, but it has the elements to be another Black Panther. Dazzler is not a huge character, and they can take more creative risks with her.

It could be visually unique and appealing. It could have a fantastic soundtrack. It could be unique as the first superhero musical. It brings more much needed female representation. And it could bring some very serious social issues regarding the treatment of women.

It's a matter of getting the right people to do it.

I think it has the potential to be awesome. Maybe I'm sounding crazy, but it has the elements to be another Black Panther. Dazzler is not a huge character, and they can take more creative risks with her.

It could be visually unique and appealing. It could have a fantastic soundtrack. It could be unique as the first superhero musical. It brings more much needed female representation. And it could bring some very serious social issues regarding the treatment of women.

It's a matter of getting the right people to do it.

Disney are experts at musicals. They can write a variety of styles of songs. It doesn't just have to be the typical Disney-sounding show stoppers (although of course, they can have some of those too for good measure). I think Dazzler has the potential for a greater four quadrant appeal than the usual Marvel movies. People who love musicals but not necessarily comic book movies might be attracted to this.

I do still think you can have disco though. It doesn't have to be the main thing, but you can easily have a couple of numbers like that. Even some of the modern songs now have many call backs to previous eras.

Something like this that keeps coming up in my mind for Dazzler. Something more... "extra".

And if they really do modernize her and decide to take that art-pop approach, like Gaga's, it's worth mentioning that Gaga is basically a drag queen and she admittedly takes a lot of inspiration from the drag community for her art. So some recognition and representation for queer people in the supporting cast is more than welcomed.

And drag queens can teach some very cool tricks too, when it comes to amazing performances.

I thought Lady Gaga was best when she shed all of that image for A Star is Born.

I mean, she does take a lot of inspiration from drag. So I think it's great to embrace that form of art too, which should be celebrated.

I think it would work for Dazzler. And considering also how much inspiration the X-Men take from the LGBTQ+ community, it's also a form of giving something back.

Yeah if you want to see a non musical comic book film that’s like every movie ever. A musical dazzler would be just so amazing. If they have to explain it with she’s at a concert or it’s in her mind Chicago style whatever but it should definitely have singing.

And Gaga would be amazing. I wonder if she knows how often we talk about her and marvel superheroes?

I personally don’t like Gaga much anymore (I feel she got a bit of an ego during her Oscars campaign), but I admit she’d be perfect for this role. And the publicity would be incredible.

I like Lady gaga but she's too quirky as Dazzler. Someone like in the range of Britney Spears would be more suitable as Dazzler.

And Gaga would be amazing. I wonder if she knows how often we talk about her and marvel superheroes?

I don't think it would be hard to convince her. She was already in talks to be in a CBM recently, right? And if she understands how mutants serve as allegory to minorities and LGBTQ+ community, I think she would be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"