MCU Fight: Ghost Rider vs Hulk

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Ghost Rider and Hulk belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

GHOST RIDER Vs. HULK

pT6Sn57.gif

n6TZlDK.gif

GHOST RIDER

- Superhuman Strength: Reyes displayed a certain degree of superhuman strength, being able to overpower thugs, and massacring them without any effort, notably breaking men's skulls while bashing in their heads, even ripping another man's spine out. While transformed, Reyes could tear the bumper off a car with his bare hands. Ghost Rider was the first person to break out of a Containment Module, which held other super-powered beings, through brute force, an act that Leo Fitz claimed to be impossible. He was also able to overpower the super strong Jeffrey Mace and beat him close to death, and he managed to destroy a Life-Model Decoy of Anton Ivanov by throwing it several meters up in the air and smashing it against a column.

- Superhuman Durability:When the Spirit of Vengeance assumes control, he is almost invulnerable to harm or damage. He survived a firework factory explosion and remained conscious, unlike Hellfire who also survived but was knocked out. Also, when transformed, he was immune to I.C.E.R. shots, which merely bounced off him with no effect. Ghost Rider also resisted Aida's electrokinesis powers, being little if not affected by her energy blasts. He is also bullet proof and has even been impaled with carbon spikes by Eli Morrow and was completely unfazed.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: The supernatural energies that empower Robbie provides full recovery from any damage done to him. Though he received a cut on his face while battling Quake, these injuries disappeared the next day without even a scar. After getting a burnt hole in his face due to Hellfire's attacks and then transforming into Ghost Rider, he emerged afterward in his human form without any sign of being damaged at all. This means that transforming into Ghost Rider and then back to his human form can allow him to recover completely from damage instantly. Reyes has described himself as nearly impossible to kill.

- Fire Manipulation: As Ghost Rider, he is resistant to fire and seemingly no flames are capable of burning either him or his clothing. He is able to imbue a metal object he touches with fire, using the object as a melee weapon, which he has done to objects such as pipes, tools, car parts, and even chains. He can do so even without transforming into Ghost Rider. His control over fire allowed him to form a ring of fire around the car he crashed into with his own flaming vehicle. He also caused his car to catch fire to make Quake fall off it as she pursued him, with his eyes glowing bright orange and him letting out a monstrous roar. He even made his car heat up at will, burning the hand of a thug that put his hand on it. Additionally, he also caused an entire room to be engulfed in fire to burn Santino Noguera to death. It is confirmed that he can use hellfire when he burned AIDA's arm and she couldn't heal from the burn throughout the remainder of her lifespan, despite possessing Jiaying's healing factor.

- Incineration: Reyes is able to channel his fire to incinerate beings into ashes. He was able to set his entire hand ablaze while transformed to incinerate Frederick by touching him, which he did again to other ghosts, even in his human form and once with his flaming chain.

- Intangibility Cancellation: Unlike ordinary humans, Ghost Rider can touch non-corporeal entities, or at least individuals whose bodies are out of phase with the Earth realm. If the situation requires, he can hold them and completely incinerate them with his fire. He was able to grab Frederick by the arm and neck in his human form before transforming and burning Frederick into embers with his blazing hand, he was able to burn Vincent to embers with the Hellfire Chain, and he was able to do the same to Hugo with his touch, though in the latter events, he was able to do so without even transforming.

- Power Imbuing: Ghost Rider has the ability to imbue his power into inanimate objects, such as weapons, vehicles, etc.: He has used this power to make his car the Hell Charger become nearly indestructible. R. Moore fired a rocket launcher straight at the hood, all the rocket did was launch the car into the air and engulf it in flames, but neither the explosion, the fire, or crashing from several stories up had any effect on the car. It has crashed into other cars and even had a head on collision with an invisible Quinjet at full speed, without any harm such as scratches or dents.

- Inter-Dimensional Travel: Ghost Rider acquired the ability to generate portals to alternate universes and different dimensions during his time in a Hell dimension. By simply swirling his Hellfire Chain in a fashion similar to a Sling Ring, he creates a vortex that is enough to open the Inter-Dimensional Gate.

- Superhuman Agility: Ghost Rider is very agile. His supernatural augmented being allows him to maneuver quickly and perform stunts such as flipping around to attack the enemy.

HULK

- Superhuman Strength: Hulk´s primary power is his immense superhuman strength. Hulk's strength increases with his anger, thus making it essentially Immeasurable. His incredible strength allows him to rip steel apart as if it were made of paper, to break vehicles with a punch, stop a speeding Humvee in its tracks by stomping it into the ground, leave a dent after punching a wall made of an extremely durable silicon-carbide Vibranium alloy, kill a massive Leviathan with a single punch, or do a powerful thunderclap to stop a military helicopter from blowing up, saving Betty and her father in the process. In combat, Hulk often uses his strength to throw heavy objects (like cars and forklift trucks, for example) or his smaller opponents in order to defeat his enemies, such as when Hulk threw a human-sized Emil Blonsky more than 40 feet away with a single kick or when he hurled Loki around repeatedly while holding him by the leg. Very few individuals have been able to match Hulk's strength, such as: the Abomination, who despite his greater base level of strength ultimately succumbed to the Hulk's when he endangered the life of Betty Ross, angering him enough to overpower the gamma monster. Thor, who was hit hard enough by Hulk to make his nose bleed, Iron Man, who had to develop a special Hulkbuster armor to battle him in case of need, Fenris, who had managed to contend with Hulk in their battle, but was ultimately hurled into outer space by Hulk, or Surtur, whom Hulk was able to slightly stagger with a leaping blow, before Surtur effortlessly swatted Hulk away. As such, Hulk remained the undefeated champion of the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions, right up until he faced off against Thor, who was able to stalemate Hulk after getting his powers fully enhanced by a vision of Odin's spirit and even then Hulk was only able to stalemate the newly powered up Thor thanks to the Grandmaster interfering in the contest.

- Super Leaps: Hulk's strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances, such as when he traveled from Brazil to Guatemala in a single night, covering at least from 1500 to 1600 miles in over 7 to 10 hours, or great heights with precision, such as when reached the top of Stark Tower from ground level in a single leap, or when he caught Iron Man in mid-fall when Stark came back through the Wormhole over New York City.

- Superhuman Durability: Hulk is able to withstand blows and attacks of considerable force; even high caliber bullets bounce off him and flames cause him little damage. His bone, skin, and muscles have an extreme density and he possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. Hulk also withstood multiple energy blasts from Chitauri weaponry, extreme cold in the Arctic, great impacts from heights of several miles (though the impact knocked him unconscious, forcing him to revert back into Banner). In addition, Iron Man noted the amount of gamma radiation Banner was exposed to would have killed him if it had not given him the ability to transform into Hulk. Only beings with incredible force or extremely powerful weapons can harm him, such as when Hulk was painfully pierced by Abomination's skeletal spikes, was later painfully pierced by Fenris' teeth, and when a blow from Thor wielding Mjølnir knocked him out for a moment. While Hulk did survive quite a few blows from the Hulkbuster with little discomfort, he got a tooth knocked out in the confrontation. In addition, Hulk's durability is also tied to his anger level - during the fight against the Hulkbuster, he slightly calmed down, which slightly reduced his durability after witnessing the destruction that he caused in South Africa, allowing Iron Man to use the advantage, hammering Hulk with a massive punch, which sent him flying into a tall building, knocking him out. Similarly, during the Contest of Champions when Thor sent Hulk flying with a strike from the Sakaaran hammer, Hulk was further enraged to the point that he managed to block the next hammer blow with a single hand. However, after Thor had his powers fully enhanced (from a vision of Odin's spirit), Hulk was visibly dazed by a single lightning-charged blow from Thor. Hulk's skin was also pierced and noticeably wounded by Fenris who bit him several times, forcing Hulk to throw him into the void.
- Superhuman stamina: Hulk has substantially greater endurance than a normal human, allowing him to run and fight for a long time. His enraged state, during a fight, allows him to maintain peak output for hours on end and still continue to become even stronger as his anger escalates.

- Superhuman speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk's superhuman strength of his legs allow him to run at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of a human being. He also possesses enhanced reflexes and agility proportionate to his size, but his large size can still be exploited by smaller foes to use to their advantage.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson the Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surtur Prime

Ego the Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange with Time Gem (Reality Hack)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)

Hela

Ronan (with Power Stone)

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Kurse

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulkbuster Ironman

Abomination

Malekith (with Reality Gem)

Doctor Strange

Vision

Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Iron Man

Loki

Iron Monger

Ronan

Whiplash

War Machine

Scarlett Witch

Valkyrie

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Quake

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spider-Man

Vulture

Black Panther

Red Skull

Winter Solider

Starlord

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Quicksliver

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Jessica Jones

Crossbones

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Elektra

Hawkeye

Shocker

Batroc The Leaper

Rocket Raccoon

Coleen Wing

Falcon

Batroc The Leaper

Kingpin

Diamondback

Nobu

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Once again, this is Ghost Rider versus a character with almost unimaginably more demonstrated power than anything he ever did. "Eventually coming back from being nuked in another dimension" does not make for a fight winner, especially for a character whose whole premise is "am undead".

Depends. I can't really pick a winner because AoS Ghost Rider seemed limited because it wasn't Johnny Blaze. Does he have the penance stare? Will vote later because not sure right now.

Ghost Rider is going to take this one. I don't think there is a limit to the amount of physical destruction Robbie can take, as the Ghost Rider's powers are supernatural and they supersede that of the physical world. This allows Ghost Rider to fully restore Robbie's physical form upon reverting back to him, no matter what condition he was in when the Ghost Rider took over. Also, Ghost Rider is able to turn characters to ash in a matter of seconds, bone and all. I know Hulk has a denser skin and is able to Regenerate, but not at the speed Ghost Rider is able to reduce characters to nothing more then dust in the wind.

Hulk is definitely the physically stronger character, but Ghost Riders supernatural abilities just are too much for the Hulk.

At least that's how I see it. Also, here is the link jaqua99 posted on the previous Ghost Rider battle. It showcases most of his feats for review at the top of the page, if you click on Spoilers.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mcu-ghost-rider-respect-thread-1877143/

Thanks!

Surfer

Last edited:
This one is tough.

Hulk can dominate this fight as long as the Ghost Rider wants him to.

Given that the Rider is a demonic other dimensional being, no, I don't think it can be said Hulk can KO him. The question is, can Hulk KO the Rider's vessel?

Two seemingly are one, so I would assume Robbie's body is as impervious to blunt force trauma as the Ghost Rider is innately. Are there any circumstances where the Rider was in danger? Where he showed that he can be effected by blunt force trauma?

I would think Hulk can't do much to the Ghost Rider. Not sure if Ghost Rider can do too much to Hulk, unless he finds some way to mess with his head.

Looking at the gamespot thread I posted, it appears he is pretty strong. Not strong enough to KO Hulk, but his strength is definitely powerhouse level. He also has a speed advantage. If he is fast enough to avoid Daisy's vibrations, and see them in slow motion, he is fast enough to avoid Hulk.

He can also burn into one's soul. So it seems like a Ghost Rider attack isn't just physical, but he is attacking you spiritually as well. I am sure there are characters who can resist such attacks, like Hela, Thor may be able to take these sort of attacks a few times before it becomes a problem for him (which it likely would). But Hulk isn't magical in nature, and if any of these powerhouses would be vulnerable to a sort of spiritual attack (aside from Tony in the Hulkbuster suit), it would be Hulk.

I see Hulk tossing the rider around briefly, as he gets more fustrated that The Rider can take it. The Rider than uses his fire chains to physically fight with Hulk. Stalemating at this point. I then see the Ghost Rider zoning in and using this sort of speed advantage to move away from Hulk's attacks before he starts to attack Hulk's soul/attack him spiritually.

I would imagine this wouldn't KO Hulk, rather confuse him, disorient him, and likely resort him back to Banner.

Hulk is the more powerful character but Ghost Rider has a better powerset to more or less disarm Hulk.

Ghost Rider takes it by quickly attacking Hulk's soul and turning him back to Banner, after they have a throwdown that Hulk generally dominates. Ghost Rider for the win, for me.

Okay, IMO Hulk takes this one (comic book

GR 's most potent weapon, the penance stare, may not affect the Hulk.

I don't see the Hulk as simply a stronger version of the abomination, he's got a very different psychic make-up, essentially two people in one.

Is GR' s ability to absorb and recover from punishment unlimited ? How quickly can he recover from being pounded into dust ?

I see this one going a bit like this:

Hulk knocks GR around a bit.

GR unleashes hellfire and hurts Hulk

Hulk rips GR into pieces.

GR reassembles himself and uses the penance stare.

Hulk is pissed off by this and kicks his anger up to eleven and rips GR to pieces again, and then pounds the pieces into dust.

Eventually GR will put himself back together but by then Hulk has lost interest and wandered off. Could he permanently destroy GR? Probably not, but he could pulverize him in the short term.

I feel like GR is an anomalous character, as he probably has lot less raw power than other MCU characters (e.g. Abomination or the Hulkbuster ) but his particular power set and mystical nature make him very difficult to deal with. However mystical characters ( and I'm assuming that infinity stones are at least semi mystical) would take him down.

As such maybe Hulk v GR isn't the best pairing for your tier system ( I mean, to use a DC example Superman is enormously more powerful than Metallo, but if Metallo has his kryptonite heart then Supes is in big trouble).

As such, IMO I still think Hulk takes the fight and the higher spot.

Thor vs Ghost Rider would be awesome, that's gonna be the next fight I make.

Okay, IMO Hulk takes this one (comic book

GR 's most potent weapon, the penance stare, may not affect the Hulk.

I don't see the Hulk as simply a stronger version of the abomination, he's got a very different psychic make-up, essentially two people in one.

Is GR' s ability to absorb and recover from punishment unlimited ? How quickly can he recover from being pounded into dust ?

I see this one going a bit like this:

Hulk knocks GR around a bit.

GR unleashes hellfire and hurts Hulk

Hulk rips GR into pieces.

GR reassembles himself and uses the penance stare.

Hulk is pissed off by this and kicks his anger up to eleven and rips GR to pieces again, and then pounds the pieces into dust.

Eventually GR will put himself back together but by then Hulk has lost interest and wandered off. Could he permanently destroy GR? Probably not, but he could pulverize him in the short term.

I feel like GR is an anomalous character, as he probably has lot less raw power than other MCU characters (e.g. Abomination or the Hulkbuster ) but his particular power set and mystical nature make him very difficult to deal with. However mystical characters ( and I'm assuming that infinity stones are at least semi mystical) would take him down.

As such maybe Hulk v GR isn't the best pairing for your tier system ( I mean, to use a DC example Superman is enormously more powerful than Metallo, but if Metallo has his kryptonite heart then Supes is in big trouble).

As such, IMO I still think Hulk takes the fight and the higher spot.

MCU, not comic book

We will see if that can be arranged for you, because Ghost Rider is currently working his way up the tier list and he will need to be established above Hulkbuster Iron Man before he could pottentially battle Thor. See the PM, I sent you and jaqua99 for further details.

Surfer

MCU, not comic book

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say that comic book Hulk beats Ghost Rider no problem, MCU Hulk is less powerful and might struggle.

Thor v Ghost Rider I see going Thor's way pretty easily, given how effortlessly Thor smacked up Surtur and his demon posse.

Gee, I wonder why. :whatever: Something tells me that if Thor fought an ant, you'd find it interesting. Just a funny feeling. :cwink:

Gee, I wonder why. :whatever: Something tells me that if Thor fought an ant, you'd find it interesting. Just a funny feeling. :cwink:

Lol I've only had Thor fight one time and we've been doing this for 2 months.

Ghost Rider is also my 2nd favorite superhero, he's RIGHT behind Thor.

Lol I've only had Thor fight one time and we've been doing this for 2 months.

Ghost Rider is also my 2nd favorite superhero, he's RIGHT behind Thor.

Yeah but it's in your heart. Nothing wrong with that. It is what it is.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say that comic book Hulk beats Ghost Rider no problem, MCU Hulk is less powerful and might struggle.

Thor v Ghost Rider I see going Thor's way pretty easily, given how effortlessly Thor smacked up Surtur and his demon posse.

Yeah, I agree that if Ghost Rider makes it to battle Thor that Thor will win. Although, I could still see Ghost Rider putting up a good fight against Thor, and not going down easy.

Surfer

This is basically same fight as Abomination. Ghost Rider seems to have his penance stare, and while not nearly as bad as Abomination, Hulk has harmed people in these movies. Ghost Rider also can absorb tremendous punishment. I say they're same tier (powerhouse), but victory for Ghost Rider.

Victory to Ghost Rider if he catches Hulk with the Penace because Hulk has commited several sins that Banner regrets. So the Penace would devour his soul.

If the Ghost Rider doesnt end the fight in at least the first 30 minutes. Hulk's anger will empower him over GR. And it's over after that.

Here are some of the Ghost Rider feats that I feel should be considered when voting.

I put them in Spoiler tags to prevent peoples computers from being overloaded by too many videos operating at once.

Ghost Rider's taking a plutonium bomb explosion a split second before being teleported away.

5856804-3994950547-giphy.gif

Ghost Rider showing his Physical Strength by being able to toss a human a good distance.

5857138-grrespect.gif

Ghost Rider using Hell Fire to destroy his enemy in a matter of seconds.

5856660-6919725243-giphy.gif

Ghost Rider using his chain with Hell Fire to destroy his enemies in brutal ways.

5856661-6314858113-giphy.gif

5856748-1901832044-giphy.gif

Again you can also visit the whole group of Videos that jaqua99 originally provided at the link below, and by clicking on the different types of feats listed towards the top of the page with the word Spoilers next to it.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mcu-ghost-rider-respect-thread-1877143/

Thanks!

Surfer

This is a very close battle so far. Oh, and I believe both belong in the powerhouse Tier.

Surfer

I vote Ghost Rider, I don't think Hulk is versatile enough to overcome him. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Last edited:
People, don't forget to post in the comments area, which tier you think each of the characters belongs in when voting for a winner.

Thanks!

Surfer

Neither live-action version of these characters seems as powerful as their comic counterparts, but GR is the more diminished of the two. The AoS version of Reyes doesn't have nearly the strength or speed to make a fight with MCU Hulk interesting. I doubt that Hulk could do any lasting damage to GR since Reyes has nearly unlimited durability, but I could easily envision Hulk BFRing Ghost Rider by landing a blow that knocks GR miles away. I think Hulk would be content with this and just leave shortly thereafter.

Neither live-action version of these characters seems as powerful as their comic counterparts, but GR is the more diminished of the two. The AoS version of Reyes doesn't have nearly the strength or speed to make a fight with MCU Hulk interesting. I doubt that Hulk could do any lasting damage to GR since Reyes has nearly unlimited durability, but I could easily envision Hulk BFRing Ghost Rider by landing a blow that knocks GR miles away. I think Hulk would be content with this and just leave shortly thereafter.

I mean honestly after seeing Ragnarok. And how Thor handled Hulk in the arena before even going into full Thunder God Mode. I believe Reyes being technically a god of sorts himself...well moreso a demon. Would actually fair well hand to hand. And he does also have super strength. Granted it's not as great as the Hulk's and the result would in the end be Hulk most likely considering his durability is far more impressive in terms of feats.

I see Ghost Rider burning his soul, or doing something to Banner that causes Hulk to revert. Daisy is beefed up in the show and she was his blatant inferior.

I see Ghost Rider burning his soul, or doing something to Banner that causes Hulk to revert. Daisy is beefed up in the show and she was his blatant inferior.

I agree with you on this assessment.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"