MCU Fight: Thor Vs. Hulk

To be fair, Hulk on fought Ultron after he had been heavily damaged by Vision, Thor, and Iron Man's synchronized blasts. So him making quick work of a badly damaged opponent already near defeat doesn't really mean much.

And also Thor dodging gunfire while Hulk didn't also doesn't mean one is weaker than the other. One is a just a train warrior who dodges out of instinct and the other was a raging monster with zero training (at the time).

It's also possible that Thor didn't know what sort of effect bullets would have on him. He had never been shot at prior to that and likely exaggerated their effectiveness. I think it's pretty clear that Thor is bullet-proof.

To be fair, Hulk on fought Ultron after he had been heavily damaged by Vision, Thor, and Iron Man's synchronized blasts. So him making quick work of a badly damaged opponent already near defeat doesn't really mean much.

And also Thor dodging gunfire while Hulk didn't also doesn't mean one is weaker than the other. One is a just a train warrior who dodges out of instinct and the other was a raging monster with zero training (at the time).

But that backs up my point that using those feats is pointless. Thor was conscious from his fall from the helicarrier, Hulk supposedly didn’t, do you think that makes Thor tougher?

Also for another example, Hulk took a full on hit from Mjolnir in the face, while Thor had to dodge a jet wing being thrown at him. Does that mean Thor couldn’t have took the jet wing hitting him? I certainly don’t think so, I think he would have took it hitting him easily. My point is those particular examples are circumstantial and can hardly be used to say that one character is tougher than the other.

But that backs up my point that using those feats is pointless. Thor was conscious from his fall from the helicarrier, Hulk supposedly didn’t, do you think that makes Thor tougher?

Also for another example, Hulk took a full on hit from Mjolnir in the face, while Thor had to dodge a jet wing being thrown at him. Does that mean Thor couldn’t have took the jet wing hitting him? I certainly don’t think so, I think he would have took it hitting him easily. My point is those particular examples are circumstantial and can hardly be used to say that one character is tougher than the other.

Yes and after taking Mjolnir to the face, Hulk made sure to dodge it when Thor threw it.

Dodging is not a good example of not being able to take damage, I don't know how dodging is similar to Thor and Hulk being effected differently by a fall.

Yes and after taking Mjolnir to the face, Hulk made sure to dodge it when Thor threw it.

Dodging is not a good example of not being able to take damage, I don't know how dodging is similar to Thor and Hulk being effected differently by a fall.

I don’t remember Hulk dodging it I just remember Thor throwing it past him and Hulk grabbing it. Been a while since I watched TA though.

Okay let me ask, do you think Thor surviving the fall conscious makes him tougher than Hulk who (again supposedly) was knocked out by it?

Personally I don’t see what difference it makes, but that’s me.

Either way it isn’t going to change our votes.

I don’t remember Hulk dodging it I just remember Thor throwing it past him and Hulk grabbing it. Been a while since I watched TA though.

Okay let me ask, do you think Thor surviving the fall conscious makes him tougher than Hulk who (again supposedly) was knocked out by it?

Personally I don’t see what difference it makes, but that’s me.

Either way it isn’t going to change our votes.

No I don't, I think they're equals in durability, Hulk is stronger while Thor is more skilled and has a more diverse power set.

As Taika put it in the commentary track and how he felt about the never ending feud.
"They're equally strong" and that's pretty much my take too. That's how it should be. Still voted for Thor though. :woot:

King Thor has the firepower to knock out Hulk before Hulk gets too strong for King Thor to handle so King Thor wins 10/10

I would have given it to Hulk prior to Ragnarok but in the post ragnarok world Thor takes it no question

Based on feats alone I don't know why people would put Hulk above Thor even pre-Ragnarok. I guess it's because of their little skirmish in The Avengers, but that should be taken in context (environment, one was trying to fight and the other was mostly trying to subdue).

Thor damaged the vibranium core in Sokovia (nobody else could), destroyed 2 or 3 of those leviathans with one attack, summoned a tornado, destroyed a huge portion of the frost giant planet, and fought evenly with an Infinity Gem wielding being.

Last edited:
And as i said in the other thread both King Thor and Hulk will most likely get another power boost in IW and A4. An already powered up Thor will get a new powerful weapon to add on to his already pretty incredible set of skills and fire power. And Hulk will also get more intelligent as his arc progresses through this next movies and he will also likely show some more incredible feats of anger based strength.

I voted Thor last time and I vote for him here again. Hulk may ultimately be stronger, but Thor is a better fighter and has a wider range of powers than just brute strength.

Also, thanks for posting the thread again after the shenanigans that went on in the previous thread. :cwink:

Both characters are in the Powerhouse Tier.

Well, I'd say both characters are pretty close in terms of raw power.

Thor, during the battle on Sakaar, clearly had the upper hand by the end of the of the fight against the Hulk, when He just started to realize his true abilities/powers.

During the final battle against Hela, He goes even further in terms of his power, becoming much more powerful than He was before.

With a immensely powerful weapon like Mjolnir or Stormbreaker (which believe to be comparable to Mjolnir), I think He definitely wins this!

As Taika put it in the commentary track and how he felt about the never ending feud.
"They're equally strong" and that's pretty much my take too. That's how it should be. Still voted for Thor though. :woot:

Dang, strength was the only advantage Hulk had here. If they're equally strong, Hulk stands no chance at all.

Based on feats alone I don't know why people would put Hulk above Thor even pre-Ragnarok.

It's not because of feats alone.

And as i said in the other thread both King Thor and Hulk will most likely get another power boost in IW and A4.

...he will also likely show some more incredible feats of anger based strength.

The biggest issue limiting Hulk's strength level in the MCU is Universal holding the distribution rights. If Marvel Studios could launch a Hulk movie trilogy without their involvement the big green guy would get powered up in a big way.

I don't think we've seen Hulk truly angry yet,

A consistent argument made for Hulk is that there is something there that we haven't seen. People are voting for the Hulk in their hearts, not the one in the films.

It could really be interpreted either way though, Hulk lands, calms down and then reverts to Banner, which often in both the comics and movies can make Banner go unconscious.

I know the message of the scene, but it could really be interpreted either way, and without us actually seeing we don't know if Hulk was knocked out or not.

Banner woke up in the same place Hulk landed. So Hulk landed. Sat still for a bit then casually reverted back?

When Banner comes.back, Hulk usually is fighting but he turned into Banner in the same spot he landed. The impact reverted him, or knocked him out. Seems pretty clear.

Dang, strength was the only advantage Hulk had here. If they're equally strong, Hulk stands no chance at all.
I think Taika meant that for him they are equally powerful. We are the ones that go more in deph with the hole power, strength...

Voted for the God of Thunder. During their first encounter, Thor tackled Hulk through a wall. He made Hulk spin from a jab. He sent him flying with Mjolnir a good distance. Hulk is a brick, but Thor has enough strength to shake him up.

Hulk has a slight edge in strength and size. Hulk can grab Thor in one hand. One punch from Hulk makes contact with not only Thor's face, but his torso as well. He can send Thor flying because Thor is obviously smaller and weighs less. And Thor can still shake it off. Their Ragnarok fight really solidified Thor's skills.

Thor sends Hulk flying a long way against the arena wall with the gladiator hammer. How does that compare to Mjolnir? Who knows, but I think it is a sample showing of what he could do with Mjolnir if he went all out. Thor shakes off the "God Smash", not even dazed. He smacks Hulk around again with the gladiator hammer. Thor goes hand to hand, evading Hulk's punches, and lands some heavy punches on Hulks body. Thor goes for a rear choke, holds him down for a bit and tosses him off. Here, Hulk seemed to roll with it so Im not sure if it determines Thor's strength much. Thor gets the beating, channels his powers and lighting punches the heck out of Hulk. They both go at it, jump in the air and boom! This is where I feel you can tell Thor was in control now. They both stand up and Thor is walking toward Hulk, lighting charged with a smile on his face. Hulk is just standing there now. Not even charging towards him. Then..... zap! lol.

The only times Hulk shined in their fight was the front kick he sent Thor flying with, the hammer block, the uppercut, and the ground and pound. These were awesome showings but Thor is overall more impressive thanks to his skill and innate power.

I think Taika meant that for him they are equally powerful. We are the ones that go more in deph with the hole power, strength...

I think he was saying just that to appease triggered Hulk fanboys. This is why I go by what was shown and said, because otherwise it's just "I think they secretly agree with me." "No, I think they secretly agree with me!"

A consistent argument made for Hulk is that there is something there that we haven't seen. People are voting for the Hulk in their hearts, not the one in the films.

giphy-downsized.gif

Statement 1: MCU Hulk gets stronger when he gets angry.

Statement 2: MCU Hulk does not get stronger when he gets angry.

There is no clear evidence in the films to support either of these statements, so to believe either requires presumption.

If I'm forced to presume, I'm going to presume logically.

MCU Hulk appears to match comic Hulk in most ways. He looks like comic Hulk, he acts like comic Hulk. He has shown himself to have all the general capabilities/characteristics of comic Hulk (size, strength, leaping ability etc.), so I logically presume he also has the characteristic of increasing strength with anger. To presume the obverse - that, for some unexplained reason, that's the one key characteristic that is different would not be logical.

Since there is required presumption, you can presume whatever you want and there's no way to definitively determine one statement is absolutely true and one statement is absolutely false.

What you can't do is offer me any evidence that would convince me my logical presumption is incorrect.

I say that the logical way to judge things as objectively as possible is to go on the established facts and leave the speculation to the estimation of how those facts measure up.

Going by feats that the MCU has not proven to be invalid allows for a ton of things to be taken into account. That just makes for a messy and far less grounded comparison.

What are they going by then?

UYjkD86.gif

There is no clear evidence in the films to support either of these statements, so to believe either requires presumption.

MCU Hulk appears to match comic Hulk in most ways. He looks like comic Hulk, he acts like comic Hulk. He has shown himself to have all the general capabilities/characteristics of comic Hulk (size, strength, leaping ability etc.), so I logically presume he also has the characteristic of increasing strength with anger. To presume the obverse - that, for some unexplained reason, that's the one key characteristic that is different would not be logical.

Since there is required presumption, you can presume whatever you want and there's no way to definitively determine one statement is absolutely true and one statement is absolutely false.

What you can't do is offer me any evidence that would convince me my logical presumption is incorrect.

Hulk being based on human physiology is itself evidence that he gets stronger when he gets mad, like humans do. When we look at his fights, even with Thor we see the tide of the fight turn towards Banner as it escalates until catastrophic environmental damage is used to daze him and then he gets knocked out. We have clear evidence that Hulk gets *something* as the fight goes on. There is no need to ignore the events of the MCU and refer only to comics in order to determine what is happening in the MCU. And this is without going into TIH.

But all that is smoke and mirrors, dodging the real issue in this fight.

Presumption 3: Hulk does not get angrier when he gets knocked out.
Presumption 4: Hulk can be knocked out when hit hard enough.

If these are true, then Presumption 1's truthfulness isn't enough to determine the fight, we have to know if Hulk is unfazed by Thor's blows. If Thor is able to cause the kind of catastrophic environmental damage that KOs Hulk in all his fights. We have to look at both fighters, instead of assuming the following presumptions from comics:

Presumption 5: Hitting Hulk hard enough to knock him out only makes him angrier.
Presumption 6: Hulk has no limit to how angry, and thus, how strong he can get.

This is a textbook example of confirmation bias, which is an argument/assessment fallacy in research and arguement, so yeah

Just going off Ragnarok, it looked like Thor was about to win that fight before the Grandmaster nerfed him. So Thor gets my vote.

Stay tuned folks.

Next battle will likely use a character from the powerhouse tier (we believe) that has not been used yet..Vision!

Stay tuned folks.

Next battle will likely use a character from the powerhouse tier (we believe) that has not been used yet..Vision!

Vision vs...... Hela ? Dr Strange ? Thor ? Ghost Rider ?

With Vision there are some anomalies, as Scarlet Witch easily overcame him - also he has a tendency to float around doing nothing during battles, ( like during Civil War ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"