• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU Fight: Ghost Rider Vs. Hulkbuster Iron Man

Surfer

Sentinel of the Spaceways
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Ghost Rider and Hulkbuster Iron Man belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up.

GHOST RIDER Vs. HULKBUSTER IRON MAN

INZmFXd.gif

H5ioSiB.gif

*****Here are some of their powers, abilities and relevant feats.*****

GHOST RIDER

- Superhuman Strength: Reyes displayed a certain degree of superhuman strength, being able to overpower thugs, and massacring them without any effort, notably breaking men's skulls while bashing in their heads, even ripping another man's spine out. While transformed, Reyes could tear the bumper off a car with his bare hands. Ghost Rider was the first person to break out of a Containment Module, which held other super-powered beings, through brute force, an act that Leo Fitz claimed to be impossible. He was also able to overpower the super strong Jeffrey Mace and beat him close to death, and he managed to destroy a Life-Model Decoy of Anton Ivanov by throwing it several meters up in the air and smashing it against a column.

- Superhuman Durability:When the Spirit of Vengeance assumes control, he is almost invulnerable to harm or damage. He survived a firework factory explosion and remained conscious, unlike Hellfire who also survived but was knocked out. Also, when transformed, he was immune to I.C.E.R. shots, which merely bounced off him with no effect. Ghost Rider also resisted Aida's electrokinesis powers, being little if not affected by her energy blasts. He is also bullet proof and has even been impaled with carbon spikes by Eli Morrow and was completely unfazed.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: The supernatural energies that empower Robbie provides full recovery from any damage done to him. Though he received a cut on his face while battling Quake, these injuries disappeared the next day without even a scar. After getting a burnt hole in his face due to Hellfire's attacks and then transforming into Ghost Rider, he emerged afterward in his human form without any sign of being damaged at all. This means that transforming into Ghost Rider and then back to his human form can allow him to recover completely from damage instantly. Reyes has described himself as nearly impossible to kill.

- Fire Manipulation: As Ghost Rider, he is resistant to fire and seemingly no flames are capable of burning either him or his clothing. He is able to imbue a metal object he touches with fire, using the object as a melee weapon, which he has done to objects such as pipes, tools, car parts, and even chains. He can do so even without transforming into Ghost Rider. His control over fire allowed him to form a ring of fire around the car he crashed into with his own flaming vehicle. He also caused his car to catch fire to make Quake fall off it as she pursued him, with his eyes glowing bright orange and him letting out a monstrous roar. He even made his car heat up at will, burning the hand of a thug that put his hand on it. Additionally, he also caused an entire room to be engulfed in fire to burn Santino Noguera to death. It is confirmed that he can use hellfire when he burned AIDA's arm and she couldn't heal from the burn throughout the remainder of her lifespan, despite possessing Jiaying's healing factor.

- Incineration: Reyes is able to channel his fire to incinerate beings into ashes. He was able to set his entire hand ablaze while transformed to incinerate Frederick by touching him, which he did again to other ghosts, even in his human form and once with his flaming chain.

- Intangibility Cancellation: Unlike ordinary humans, Ghost Rider can touch non-corporeal entities, or at least individuals whose bodies are out of phase with the Earth realm. If the situation requires, he can hold them and completely incinerate them with his fire. He was able to grab Frederick by the arm and neck in his human form before transforming and burning Frederick into embers with his blazing hand, he was able to burn Vincent to embers with the Hellfire Chain, and he was able to do the same to Hugo with his touch, though in the latter events, he was able to do so without even transforming.

- Power Imbuing: Ghost Rider has the ability to imbue his power into inanimate objects, such as weapons, vehicles, etc.: He has used this power to make his car the Hell Charger become nearly indestructible. R. Moore fired a rocket launcher straight at the hood, all the rocket did was launch the car into the air and engulf it in flames, but neither the explosion, the fire, or crashing from several stories up had any effect on the car. It has crashed into other cars and even had a head on collision with an invisible Quinjet at full speed, without any harm such as scratches or dents.

- Inter-Dimensional Travel: Ghost Rider acquired the ability to generate portals to alternate universes and different dimensions during his time in a Hell dimension. By simply swirling his Hellfire Chain in a fashion similar to a Sling Ring, he creates a vortex that is enough to open the Inter-Dimensional Gate.

- Superhuman Agility: Ghost Rider is very agile. His supernatural augmented being allows him to maneuver quickly and perform stunts such as flipping around to attack the enemy.

HULKBUSTER IRON MAN

- Superhuman Strength: The suit was specifically designed to match the incredible superhuman strength of Hulk (should he ever need to be subdued), and is powered by over eleven Arc Reactors in order to grant the strength required for such a task. The suit was able to hit Hulk in the face hard enough to knock a tooth out, send Hulk flying two streets away with one punch, and ultimately succeeded in knocking Hulk out when the latter started to calm down after seeing the damage caused.

- Superhuman Durability: The armor was built to be much stronger than any previous suits, to take more extreme damage, such as Hulk's brutal attacks.

- Repulsor Beams: The armor has the ability to shoot repulsor beams strong enough to slow down Hulk, if only for a while.

- Prehensile Technology: Using an independent propulsion system, each section can fly to the user from a drop pod hovering around the combat zone and automatically assemble into the Hulkbuster Armor. Despite being composed of individual parts, the XLIV is still able to sustain quite a few blows from Hulk, unlike the XLII.

- Grappling Hook: It is used to hold Hulk down long enough to use the Repulsor Beams on Hulk.

- Extended Punches: The suit is able to use its fist like a jack hammer.

- Chemical Spray: The suit had a chemical spray outfitted in its wrist which Tony tried to use on Hulk.

- Missles: The XLIV is able to launch small missiles which Tony used to increase damage to Hulk after dropping him into the building under construction.

- Veronica Replacement Parts: Should the Hulkbuster armor sustaine heavy damage, the Veronica hovering above the armor will respond to the authorized user's command by sending spare parts to replace the ones that were damaged. For instance, when the Hulk drove a pole into the Hulkbuster's left arm and severely damaged it, upon the command of Tony, Veronica releases several armor parts that would form an alternate left arm for the armor to battle the Hulk.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

BLUE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL FINAL PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS
GREEN CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING UP THE TIER LIST
ORANGE CHARACTERS = OFFICIAL TRANSITIONAL PLACMENT FOR CHARACTERS FIGHTING DOWN THE TIER LIST
RED CHARACTERS = UNOFFICIAL SPECULATIVE PLACEMENT FOR CHARACTERS

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone

Surtur Prime

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Doctor Strange (w/ time gem)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Hela

Ronan with the Power Stone

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Thanos

Kurse

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Thor

Hulk

Abomination

Doctor Strange

Malekith (W/ reality gem)

Ancient One

Vision

The Destroyer Armor

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Ronan

Loki

Iron Monger

Iron Man

Scarlet Witch

Whiplash

War Machine

Quake

Malekith

Valkyrie

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spiderman

Black Panther

Winter Soldier

Vulture

Red Skull

Crossbones

Falcon

Quicksilver

Starlord

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Daredevil

Black Widow

Elektra

Hawkeye

Punisher

Coleen Wing

Batroc the Leaper

Rocket Racoon

Shocker

Kingpin

Nobu

Diamondback

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the results. Spread the word.

Hmmm. While I disagree with Hulk's victory over Ghost Rider, I understand it. I'll rationalize it as Hulk being able to KO Robbie/the host of the Rider.

For this battle, where it is demon vs Hulk like Machine, I don't know. Ghost Rider should be able to tear the suit apart. Hulk enraged hits as hard as Hulkbuster. So physically, Hulkbuster is strong enough to defeat the Rider, if Hulk won out.

However, he is VASTLY inferior in terms of durability and will be torn appart. Hulkbuster can repair and probably has a speed and mobility advantage.

Can The Rider tear apart the self repairing suit until the parts run out before he gets KO'd? While my gut says The Rider should take this, I don't see how he lasts long enough to repetitively destroy the suit before being KO'd. Unless he manages to totally destroy the suit to the point that limb repairs won't do good.

I think the Ghost Rider wins this fight. But given logic, and how Hulkbuster is strong enough, he very well should win. He gets my vote

Ghost Rider, especially with all the dirt Stark has done. The penance stare would turn him into a baby.

Ghost Rider to win. I'm much more confident on this one than most of the recent matches.

Edit: Hmmm, it says I've already voted and I certainly didn't mean to. I hope my vote didn't get counted towards Hulkbuster somehow?

Ghost Rider was taking machines apart with ease in AOS. Hulk buster is bigger and possibly more advanced, but I don’t see that being a problem for GR, he takes this quite easily for me.

How does Hulk beat Ghost Rider but Hulkbuster doesn't?the thing that allows Hulk to win, Hulkbuster has and then some?

Ghost Rider all the way.

It will take a while, but Ghost Rider. He is simply indestructible.

If we're being realistic here Hulkbuster pulverizes Ghost Rider into the ground. Too much weaponry for GR to handle.

If we're being realistic here Hulkbuster pulverizes Ghost Rider into the ground. Too much weaponry for GR to handle.

Agree. While mere physical strength may not be enough to overcome GR ( unless it's the Hulk) HB carries very advanced and powerful energy weapons. Can GR withstand these, not so clear. Also, a mobility advantage to the Hulkbuster, which can actually fly.

Also, I say Tony beats the penance stare, he's done plenty of bad ****, but he's moved on from there and overcome his demons.

With no holds barred I see HB blasting GR to pieces, and only being at serious risk in close quarters.

Again, this is a small flaw in the power tier system as some characters weaknesses make them vulnerable to other character's strengths. GR has a set of powers which allows him to overcome much stronger characters ( in a bench press contest Hulk would best him with one arm).

Bring on Thor v Ghost Rider!

All that weaponry will exhaust sooner or probably much later, GR doesn't though, ever.

Also, I say Tony beats the penance stare, he's done plenty of bad ****, but he's moved on from there and overcome his demons.

I believe that woudn't save him, doesn't work like that.
But I'd agree there are degrees of guilt that affect the severity of the stare.

Agree. While mere physical strength may not be enough to overcome GR ( unless it's the Hulk) HB carries very advanced and powerful energy weapons. Can GR withstand these, not so clear. Also, a mobility advantage to the Hulkbuster, which can actually fly.

With no holds barred I see HB blasting GR to pieces, and only being at serious risk in close quarters.

Again, this is a small flaw in the power tier system as some characters weaknesses make them vulnerable to other character's strengths. GR has a set of powers which allows him to overcome much stronger characters ( in a bench press contest Hulk would best him with one arm).

Bring on Thor v Ghost Rider!

This is why this vote has me scratching my head as to how these characters are scaled. Hulk can overcome Ghost Rider with strength. That is what everyone here decided.

Hulkbuster is JUST as strong! So again, I ask everyone, how is Ghost Rider winning this fight?

I personally believe Ghost Rider beats Hulk and Hulkbuster, but given the results of last week's fight, I don't get how Hulkbuster isn't strong enough to defeat GR when Hulk was.

Is the connsus that Ghost Rider tears up the suit AND all it's repaired pieces before Hulkbuster is able to KO him? Despite Hulkbuster having a mobility advantage? I just don't get it. Is THIS the rationale? Hulk and Hulkbuster sre both strong enough to beat him, but Hulk would last longer, therefor Ghost Rider can beat Hulkbuster?

If that isnt the rationale, I'm gonna just have to chalk it up to the Ghost Rider vs Hulk fight being wrong, in my head haha

Hulkbuster beat a confused Hulk and knocked him out when he was weakened after SW’s spell.

Also, Hulkbuster doesn’t get stronger the angrier it gets. So no, it isn’t as strong as Hulk, and this is even evident in their fight in AOU.

Hulkbuster was also specifically designed to fight Hulk, not GR, who has plenty of reach with his chain, and can burn things 2 a cinder with Hellfire. It’s not just about strength.

The Hulk from Ragnarok would beat the **** out of Hulkbuster Iron Man, he was a MUCH better fighter (trained for 2 years) than the confused Hulk from Age of Ultron.

The Hulk from Ragnarok would beat the **** out of Hulkbuster Iron Man, he was a MUCH better fighter (trained for 2 years) than the confused Hulk from Age of Ultron.

Definitely, he would rip Hulkbuster apart.

All that weaponry will exhaust sooner or probably much later, GR doesn't though, ever.

He may not exhaust but I doubt he's gonna take all the punishment Hulkbuster dishes out and come out completely unscathed. His durability feats are miniscule in comparison to the feats Hulkbuster showed in those few minutes.

Hulkbuster. As with the Hulk fight, this boils down to "Yes, you will eventually come back from being dead. This does not make you the winner of this fight, pile of ashes that used to be my foe."

Or, the Hulkbuster blasts and splatters Ghost Rider about just fine, seeing as it possesses far more durability and firepower than anything GR has ever faced.

He may not exhaust but I doubt he's gonna take all the punishment Hulkbuster dishes out and come out completely unscathed. His durability feats are miniscule in comparison to the feats Hulkbuster showed in those few minutes.

As I understood GR on AoS, he was not unlike the Hulk, exponentially upping his power level relatively to his adversary.
It may totally be writer induced power fluctuation, I know...

There's an argument to make with supernatural characters like GR, avatars of transcendent concepts: when does the confrontation really end?
If the conflict is sparked by GR with the intent to collect someone, he "wins" if he collects, no matter how many tries or time required.
To me the question is if any adversary/target could put him down for good, I'd say Hulkbuster and even the Hulk can not.

I understand it may sound like cheating but I think that's an inherent problem that comes with supernatural immortal characters.
To clear it up, I'd say Strange would have the upper hand against GR, Thor and Loki could.

As I understood GR on AoS, he was not unlike the Hulk, exponentially upping his power level relatively to his adversary.
It may totally be writer induced power fluctuation, I know...

There's an argument to make with supernatural characters like GR, avatars of transcendent concepts: when does the confrontation really end?
If the conflict is sparked by GR with the intent to collect someone, he "wins" if he collects, no matter how many tries or time required.
To me the question is if any adversary/target could put him down for good, I'd say Hulkbuster and even the Hulk can not.

I understand it may sound like cheating but I think that's an inherent problem that comes with supernatural immortal characters.
To clear it up, I'd say Strange would have the upper hand against GR, Thor and Loki could.
Fair argument. Of the fight boils down to who can comeback and still be ready to fight again GR wins by all means. But this is a single round fight straight up. And frankly, I'd feel ridiculous to say an 8 foot, dozen ton titanium infused super tank armor would loose to a flaming skull with a chain.

Fair argument. Of the fight boils down to who can comeback and still be ready to fight again GR wins by all means. But this is a single round fight straight up. And frankly, I'd feel ridiculous to say an 8 foot, dozen ton titanium infused super tank armor would loose to a flaming skull with a chain.

The Hulkbuster is 11.5 feet tall, Hulk is 8 foot.

LOL. Seeing clips of tv Ghost Rider on youtube, I just don't see how he beats Hulkbuster Iron Man. A guy in a suit was throwing him around in AOS (granted he was probably superpowered of a LMD, but still). Hulkbuster squashes him. A more fair fight would be the regular armor.

LOL. Seeing clips of tv Ghost Rider on youtube, I just don't see how he beats Hulkbuster Iron Man. A guy in a suit was throwing him around in AOS (granted he was probably superpowered of a LMD, but still). Hulkbuster squashes him. A more fair fight would be the regular armor.

Ghost Rider would get tossed around by Hulkbuster Iron Man no doubt. However, Ghost Rider's host body (Robbie Reyes) is pretty much indestructible because the demon Zarathos, just restores him to 100% no matter how badly he gets injured in a fight. Also, Ghost Rider has been shown destroying a number of LMD's with his Hellfire, so being that they are Metal, I think he should have no problem getting through Tony's armor. It would just take a while especially with Veronica restoring his damaged parts.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"