• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MCU X-Men - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the F4 will come first. Could be a bit longer before a full on MCU X-Men film as I think that will take a lot more planning.

Yeah, I agree.

Got to trust their judgement at this stage yeah. But I think Feige probably sees the Russos as his no.1 guys now as while all the recent films have been very good, the Russos are taking on the most difficult projects and continuously coming up trumps every time. It would be a signal that the X-Men are being treated with real importance rather than the same as the other new solos. I thin if they get X-Men right the advantage is that it can spawn any number of films with the amount of characters it opens up while any one solo here not doing as well doesn't have those opportunities behind it. Anyway as mentioned, got to trust their judgement at this stage and whoever is chosen will likely be up to the task.

Indeed, the possibilities would be almost limitless.

And I repeat: I do want an amazing MCU Wolverine! With his popularity and rich story, it could be really huge.

An MCU Wolverine I can imagine it but at the same time a Wolverine solo probably wouldn't work because of the fact that he had his own solo franchise when Jackman played the role so I think Wolverine stays isolated within the X-Men franchise and no way you can top Logan (2017)

Yeah, I agree.

Indeed, the possibilities would be almost limitless.

And I repeat: I do want an amazing MCU Wolverine! With his popularity and rich story, it could be really huge.

I'm sure we all do! And whoever it is would have a lot to live up to. But just this time I want the rest of the team to be given a lot of priority within the team films. Wolverine can always appear in other films and solos as well but I don't want to see him totally dominate the main X-team as the first new X-film is the first chance to really show why X-Men are so good to the GA. He can give the team a big boost but it also needs to be a really strong team without him too.

An MCU Wolverine I can imagine it but at the same time a Wolverine solo probably wouldn't work because of the fact that he had his own solo franchise when Jackman played the role so I think Wolverine stays isolated within the X-Men franchise and no way you can top Logan (2017)

Uh... Spider-Man had 5 solos before his MCU version. I don't get it why that would be a problem.

Yeah you're right but can an MCU Wolverine franchise top what has already been done by Jackman though?

You can just do him in a different style. TDK is gong to be very hard for a future Batman film to top but that doesn't mean they should never make another Batman film.

Yeah of course I know that but at the same time it is better strictly better to keep Wolverine in the X-Men franchise but also have him cameo in future MCU films as well

Yeah you're right but can an MCU Wolverine franchise top what has already been done by Jackman though?

Of course they can top it! He has one bad movie, a mediocre one and a great one!

It's pretty easy to top that.

Yeah of course I know that but at the same time it is better strictly better to keep Wolverine in the X-Men franchise but also have him cameo in future MCU films as well

That might be the better way to start things off, yeah.

A Wolverine franchise under the MCU umbrella I would love to see it but an X-Men franchise needs to come first before that

A Wolverine franchise under the MCU umbrella I would love to see it but an X-Men franchise needs to come first before that

Oh yeah definitely!

Kit Harington of Game of Thrones fame Jon Snow himself as Wolverine...he has the look for it and I know he definitely has the acting ability and the charisma if Game of Thrones is any proof of anything it is proof that he needs to be the new Logan

My MCU Wolverine picks:

- Tom Hardy
- Luke Evans
- Christian Kane
- Scott Eastwood
- Garrett Hedlund

Kit Harington of Game of Thrones fame Jon Snow himself as Wolverine...he has the look for it and I know he definitely has the acting ability and the charisma if Game of Thrones is any proof of anything it is proof that he needs to be the new Logan

Squeekness approves this suggestion. :up:

We’re still doing cute wolverine?

Honestly I would rather Danny trejo before you know nothing guy

Not a big fan of Harrington as wolverine. Just doesn't feel right imo.

So I haven’t read all the ideas people have on how to include the xmen into the mcu, my apologies if I am double tapping here. I’ve given a lot of thought to how this could happen. In the comics, mutants have been around forever, I think the oldest is like 17k years old. Then in the Ultimate verse, more in line with the mcu, I believe mutants were created in the 1900s, which will likely be the way the movie star go. Either way, that’s a pretty decent history for zero mutants to have appeared in the mcu and then to suddenly throw them in the mix. My idea is to use the AoA and House of M as a starting point. Wanda is clearly one of the most powerful characters in the mcu being able to destroy an infinity stone. Use her reality altering ability to create a self contained universe in the mcu where when earth is in ruins and the battle is lost, she rewrites history. After IW, there are far fewer guardians to protect earth, so perhaps she can say something like “more powers” which triggers an alternate timeline where mutants exist. Give this series a block of X-men movies culminating in an avengers style AoA movie where in the climax Wanda reestablishes the MCU we know but brings the mutants over to create a combined history. This could be the phase 5 block event movie. Just an idea. It could surely use polishing and refinement. Thoughts?

My MCU Wolverine picks:

- Tom Hardy
- Luke Evans
- Christian Kane
- Scott Eastwood
- Garrett Hedlund

I like Christian Kane. Eastwood and Hedlund are more Cyclopses.

Scott Eastwood would be a perfect Cykes. Emma Watson for Jean Grey, Tom Hardy for Logan.

Tom Hardy as the new Logan I would and could get behind that. Yeah sure he is playing Eddie Brock/Venom but that is a whole other different issue because Venom is not even a part of the MCU in any way shape or form it is separate from that. Hardy as Wolverine he would be perfect for it not just looks wise but acting wise as well.

Emma Watson as Jean Grey I would probably go with an older Jean Grey but only slightly older

Scott Eastwood as Cyclops gets my vote

Goddam it! After watching Infinity War yesterday, I am 10x more excited about having the X-Men in the MCU (so many things that can be done!) Comic book accurate versions of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Jean, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus... What a dream!

Not a big fan of Harrington as wolverine. Just doesn't feel right imo.

If you ask me, half of the guys being suggested for the role don’t really fit IMO and kind of come across as too Hugh Jackman-ish with them fiting the mold of the “handsome, leading man” type too much which you’d want to avoid for the next iteration of the character.

The ideal casting for Wolverine IMO 17 years ago would’ve been Jackie Earle Haley(he crushed it as Rorschach) and he’s not distractingly handsome and has the grit and gruffness to play the character...and he’s 5’5 which matches comic book Logan’s 5’3 height in the comics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back