MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCU absolutely can pull off the Jim Lee Cyclops costume. They can take inspiration from Cap's current costume.

Storm's white costume can be pulled off too. They can make it silver anyway. Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp was wearing a silver costume and no one complained.

Storm's "white" costume was actually black., The 90s cartoon got it wrong. As designed by Jim Lee, it was supposed to be very shiny

Shiny to the point of being white/silver? I mean, even XMA got it wrong as well as several Marvel games that feature that costume. If Lee wanted it to be black, it is an odd artistic choice to draw it like this;
172360-19040-storm.jpg

For all intents and purposes, the suit is white. That's how this version of costume has always been portrayed outside of the comics. Heck, even other artists drew it as silver

I think y'all have to ask "Why do the characters dress like this?", especially when assuming things like Storm being in a group where the other students wear uniforms.

I think y'all have to ask "Why do the characters dress like this?", especially when assuming things like Storm being in a group where the other students wear uniforms.
Cyclops said it best in the first issue of Astonishing X-Men. They're superheroes and superheroes wear costumes. The only explanation needed is that each suit is specifically tailored to an individual character's powers

Shiny to the point of being white/silver? I mean, even XMA got it wrong as well as several Marvel games that feature that costume. If Lee wanted it to be black, it is an odd artistic choice to draw it like this;
172360-19040-storm.jpg

For all intents and purposes, the suit is white. That's how this version of costume has always been portrayed outside of the comics. Heck, even other artists drew it as silver

That looks black to me.

it was a tweak of her previous costume
X-Men-part-1.jpg

Back then the coloring process wasnt as sophisticated as it would eventually bcome as tech improved. Thats just how shiny black leather was portrayed and came across more white bc it was a full body suit as opposed to more revealing like her mohawk one

3281477669_9d7be41ee7_b.jpg

Quite frankly, I think it looks better as originally intended being black with white accents than full on white that the cartoon incorrectly portrayed. They also colored Jean's costume wrong so there was precedence there

Cartoon took a lot of liberties. I just wanna know when did Storm become a Sailor Soldier in order to transform like this.

phj33frkgs2qbwe.gif

They would have had to come from different backgrounds and couldn't decide to coordinate beyond an 'X' pin/belt.
Some joined the military.
Some of them trained as gymnasts.
Wolverine moonlighted as a pro-wrestler.
Others stuck to their civies.
Those of whom whose entire bodies get affected due to abilities would wear containment suits.

Think they'll ever put Mystique in skulls and a white dress?

Ultimate-X-Men-The-Tomorrow-People1.jpg

Given the alternatives, this team and uniforms are really growing on me. Anyone have an alternative where girls like Storm and Rogue are in uniforms?

Cartoon took a lot of liberties. I just wanna know when did Storm become a Sailor Soldier in order to transform like this.

phj33frkgs2qbwe.gif

She's been able to do that since forever I think. I remember her doing it in a X-MEN back up issue from the 70s in front of Jean Grey before.

I think it's called Instant Costume Change trope.

Yeah didn’t they say their costumes were made of unstable particles or something? Maybe that’s the FF.

Someone on the xmen boards said Keiynan Lonsdale should play Iceman. That would be so perfect.

Think they'll ever put Mystique in skulls and a white dress?

I hope so, it’s such a lewk. Plus it’s the easiest to adapt straight from the comics right? Drop the scales, add a white cocktail dress and a bree van der kamp wig and off you go!

I hope so, it’s such a lewk. Plus it’s the easiest to adapt straight from the comics right? Drop the scales, add a white cocktail dress and a bree van der kamp wig and off you go!
I'm actually very interested in how the MCU pulls off Mystique's look. Will she just be a regular girl painted blue like the comics or will she have some sort of texture on her like the reptile scales from the Singerverse.

0478a4862101f96b11b52ff7e142802a.jpg

Or something like this

c920145a8da34b983a35096b621889c8.jpg

Also wonder how their interpretation of the body morphing will look like. One thing is for certain, she will hopefully wear clothes. No more walking around nude.

Last edited:
I'm actually very interested in how the MCU pulls off Mystique's look. Will she just be a regular girl painted blue like the comics or will she have some sort of texture on her like the reptile scales from the Singerverse.

she'll be like a blue Gamora

I hope there are no scales at all this time. If they want to distinguish her from Fox's version, just do the comic version.

I hope it'll be a while before Marvel has to address Mystique all together. FFS I need a new direction.

I doubt she'll be nude, work for Magneto, and have zero relationship with Nightcrawler/Rogue, while being Xavier's sister.

Sounds like a completely new character

What are the chances that MCU Mystique will show any skin under Disney? Will she be completely covered up from the neck downwards and not even wear a dress, or even show a midriff?

What are the chances that MCU Mystique will show any skin under Disney? Will she be completely covered up from the neck downwards and not even wear a dress, or even show a midriff?

Blue morphsuit?

Loved Whilce Portacio's art. Wa sad when he left the X-Books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"