Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This too! We're talking about a character who hasn't had any significant relationships or arcs, despite being an iconic character. I'd love to see her cross over to Wakanda.

It'd be cool but if they go with teen Storm, probably not likely :/

Part 3 already? Damn, people are thirsty lol

One thing that can happen right off the bat, as soon as Friday if the deal is announced on Thursday, is the release of merchandise (i.e. shirts, toys, etc) and new comics. They can even put their most talented people on X-Men and FF!

The comics have already seen a resurgence and the newest wave of titles are going strong with more being announced all the time. But yeah, merchandise would be nice.
It'd be cool but if they go with teen Storm, probably not likely :/
It would be a huge mistake if they make the main X-men team teenagers. They should be instructors teaching a student body (who should also get quite a bit of focus).

Hypothetically for new X-Men movies, why not just go the Evolution route. Have a set of adult team members and new teen recruits? Not saying Cyclops and Jean have to be the teen students, but you get the idea.

The comics have already seen a resurgence and the newest wave of titles are going strong with more being announced all the time. But yeah, merchandise would be nice.

It would be a huge mistake if they make the main X-men team teenagers. They should be instructors teaching a student body (who should also get quite a bit of focus).

I heard some of the newer X-Men comics were subpar and being headed by non stars. I heard there has been no new FF comics since Perlmutter banned it a few years ago.

The X-Men were originally teenagers. Why would that be a mistake?

And that would be a repeat of the first movie

Last edited:
Just announce a X-Men videogame to be developed by Rockstar. I can wait until 2022 for the mcu's X-Men.

And we still have an impending mess in the form of Dark Phoenix for next year, so a X-Men videogame would be a good diversion.

The X-Men were originally teenagers. Why would that be a mistake?

And that would be a repeat of the first movie
A movie from 18 years ago. Making them all teenagers repeats Apocalypse made much more recently. The original team did not make a popular comic book and it wasn't until the characters were older, maturer, and more diverse did the X-men make a name for themselves. Why does it seem like some people want the next X-men film to be the Fantastic Five? There are so many more creative decisions that I think the MCU will go for.

A movie from 18 years ago. Making them all teenagers repeats Apocalypse made much more recently. The original team did not make a popular comic book and it wasn't until the characters were older, maturer, and more diverse did the X-men make a name for themselves. Why does it seem like some people want the next X-men film to be the Fantastic Five? There are so many more creative decisions that I think the MCU will go for.
People want it because it makes the most sense in the MCU. That's why everybody keeps mentioning Uncanny X-Men across the internet. I love the Claramount run as much as the next guy but it'll be very hard to explain in the MCU. Plus I don't want the X-Men to have already fought many of their villains before they're even introduced. I want to go on a journey with these characters like we are with Spider-Man. It makes the most sense to start from the beginning.

And Marvel will looking to do something fresh ala Homecoming not a repeat of X1

Do the Giant Sized X-Men #1 thing and have Cyclops and Xavier recruit Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler to reform the X-Men. The original five (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel and Iceman) operated in secret and split up ten years prior. The original group dissolved and went their separate ways. But now with mutants growing in numbers and becoming public knowledge, Xavier reforms it with a new group and that would be the one we'd follow (with the past version being told in flashbacks).

People want it because it makes the most sense in the MCU. That's why everybody keeps mentioning Uncanny X-Men across the internet. I love the Claramount run as much as the next guy but it'll be very hard to explain in the MCU. Plus I don't want the X-Men to have already fought many of their villains before they're even introduced. I want to go on a journey with these characters like we are with Spider-Man. It makes the most sense to start from the beginning.

And Marvel will looking to do something fresh ala Homecoming not a repeat of X1
A team of teenage mutants wont feel fresh after Apocalypse. Showing the X-men as instructors with students who have their own drama would feel fresh and truer to spirit of the X-men. The X-men havent been teachers, aside from Xavier, since 2006.

They didn't even want to keep the X-Men as teen and already jumped ahead again by 10 years.

So in six years, 30 years have already past.

A team of teenage mutants wont feel fresh after Apocalypse. Showing the X-men as instructors with students who have their own drama would feel fresh and truer to spirit of the X-men. The X-men havent been teachers, aside from Xavier, since 2006.
Truer to the spirit of X-Men? So you're saying the very Lee & Kirby's X-Men: the one that started everything was not true to the X-Men? I wouldn't mind the X-Men having students and being experienced but I don't feel it's right to jump straight away into the meat of the X-Men in their introduction. So far, every hero in the MCU - we've seen the beginning of their journey. Nobody just started out as the recognizable version from the comics. Claramount wasn't even the first X-Men I read, Uncanny was. And while I prefer 90s X-Men, I don't think that should immediately be what we get In the MCU. It's the same with Spider-Man, I VASTLY prefer the 70s run, 80s run & the JMS run where Peter is a science teacher and already an item with MJ but I'm fine with letting MCU Peter grow into that role.

Yes, Apocalypse did it but doesn't really matter now that the X-Men are adults again in Dark Phoenix?

I expect a teaser/trailer for the Thursday announcement. :p

I'd be disappointed if the MCU X-MEN were all white and only had one female member. Very disappointed indeed. It'd be even more disappointing if they went O5 and then did raceswap of someone like Beast or Angel. X-MEN doesn't need raceswap or gender bending. The Original MCU team imo should have an Asian X-MAN (m or f), at least two female X-MEN, and hopefully one black X-MAN (even if it's just Ororo I can deal)

People want it because it makes the most sense in the MCU. That's why everybody keeps mentioning Uncanny X-Men across the internet.

The O5 weren't Uncanny X-MEN. The book was just called X-MEN... The strangest heroes of all. They didn't become Uncanny X-MEN until later so that's not a valid excuse.

Truer to the spirit of X-Men? So you're saying the very Lee & Kirby's X-Men: the one that started everything was not true to the X-Men?

Idk X-MEN #1-66 are some of the most boring comics I ever read in my life. Probably why Lee/Kirby quit the book so soon. X-MEN doesn't start until GIANT SIZE #1 imho. But Feige knows best

Yes, Apocalypse did it but doesn't really matter now that the X-Men are adults again in Dark Phoenix?

X-MEN were teens in 70's as well not just 60's. Sliding Time Scale

Last edited:
Fans: The reason the MCU movies are a bit lacking in the diversity department is because most of their best women and PoC characters are at Fox! Duh?

*Marvel gets the rights to the X-Men back*

Fans: At last! First of all, they should make a movie with an all-white, mostly all-male team; in addition to the all-white, mostly all-male F4 team, of course.

giphy.gif

Fans: The reason the MCU movies are a bit lacking in the diversity department is because most of their best women and PoC characters are at Fox! Duh?

*Marvel gets the rights to the X-Men back*

Fans: At last! First of all, they should make a movie with an all-white, mostly all-male team; in addition to the all-white, mostly all-male F4 team, of course.

giphy.gif

Yeah I don't understand it.

Yeah I don't understand it.

I don't want them to change up the Fantastic Four maybe Ben Grimm since he can be played by a black guy and it wouldn't matter he's going to be orange rock in the end anyway.

For the X-Men though just go straight up Ultimate line up with the X-Men and just add Beast

Mixed team in terms of core cast. Majority 25-30, a teen (Kitty, Jubilee) and Wolverine skewing order.

I don't want them to change up the Fantastic Four maybe Ben Grimm since he can be played by a black guy and it wouldn't matter he's going to be orange rock in the end anyway.
so, you want the only significant Jewish superhero at Marvel to be changed, because it wouldn't matter anyway? am I understanding that right?

I'd be disappointed if the MCU X-MEN were all white and only had one female member. Very disappointed indeed. It'd be even more disappointing if they went O5 and then did raceswap of someone like Beast or Angel. X-MEN doesn't need raceswap or gender bending. The Original MCU team imo should have an Asian X-MAN (m or f), at least two female X-MEN, and hopefully one black X-MAN (even if it's just Ororo I can deal)

They can have Sunfire (Japanese), Thunderbird (Native American), Storm (African), Banshee (Irish), Colossus (Russian), Nightcrawler (German) and Wolverine (Canadian). Then they can add Jubilee (Chinese).

Idk X-MEN #1-66 are some of the most boring comics I ever read in my life. Probably why Lee/Kirby quit the book so soon. X-MEN doesn't start until GIANT SIZE #1 imho. But Feige knows best

I agree the original X-Men comics were really boring. I would only read them for the nostalgic and historical value.

so, you want the only significant Jewish superhero at Marvel to be changed, because it wouldn't matter anyway? am I understanding that right?

Ben Grimm definitely has to remain Jewish, as does his humour. It can't be a different brand of humour. The Jewishness and the whole making light of the revolting development of his situation is a key characteristic of his. He has to remain the everyman of Marvel.

Last edited:

Never said I want him to be changed just that I would be ok if he was honestly though I don't want a Fantastic Four origin story, I don't need to see Ben Grimm before his transformation I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"