Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so weird isn’t it? Imagine soft launching The Avengers but instead of starting with cap, Thor and iron man you start with Jack of Hearts and Thunderstrike

I dont see what is the problem with changing Magneto backstory he cant be an holocaust survivor forever the X-Men should update to modern times

If Magneto stays a Holocaust survivor then I like the idea someone had here of him being part of the Winter Soldier program. Good way get around the age factor.

At this point i dont expect the X-Men before Avengers Secret Wars
Not X-Men until 2025 or 2026 i predict a X-Men movie for 2026 or 2027 i hope im wrong but this seems to be the case
2026, if phasiX movies aren't delayed. Imagine if we face another pandemic or world shattering event that would force theaters to be closed?

That being said, with so many ips getting their own films. The X-Men need more room for themselves. Like I hope by 2026, there's no more upcoming solo movies for Ant-Man, Thor, Guardians of the GalaXy and Thunderbolts. So we could get a Xequel every 2 years.

I dont see what is the problem with changing Magneto backstory he cant be an holocaust survivor forever the X-Men should update to modern times

Probably because it toes the line of Holocaust denial.

2026, if phasiX movies aren't delayed. Imagine if we face another pandemic or world shattering event that would force theaters to be closed?

That being said, with so many ips getting their own films. The X-Men need more room for themselves. Like I hope by 2026, there's no more upcoming solo movies for Ant-Man, Thor, Guardians of the GalaXy and Thunderbolts. So we could get a Xequel every 2 years.

No. Rushing a movie every 2 years is a bad idea.

A 2 year gap doesn't automatically mean rushing. Thats pretty close minded imo.

Iron Man / Iron Man 2 - 2 years
Thor / The Dark World - less than 3 years
Homecoming / Far from Home - 2 years
Far from Home / No Way Home - less than 3 years
Infinity War / Endgame - 1 year
The Kang Dynasty / Secret Wars - 6 months

Tell Marvel Studios that those were bad moves... but if you and @SumT (who liked your post) wanna wait 5 years for a sequel, okay. As if a longer gap automatically means "no rushing".

Tell Marvel Studios that those were bad moves... but if you and @SumT (who liked your post) wanna wait 5 years for a sequel, okay. As if a longer gap automatically means "no rushing".

Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are almost universally disliked. And Infinity War/Endgame was achieved by filming the movies back to back, which is an extra expensive tactic to be used sparingly not on every film in a franchise.

And a lot of people aren't really happy about the Spider-man movies being forced to release a new film every two years on account of it sucking up a lot of time and money that could also go to other franchises and being itself a big part of the reason some of the other franchises have to wait five years in between movies.

A three or four year gap between movies is fine (and no, it won't guarantee that nothing is rushed but it will make it less likely). And while I was surprised by the decision to move on to Thor 4, Cap 4, etc, and would be totally fine if they still limited most franchises to 3 or 4 movies at most, it is massively selfish to claim that all these other franchises just need to end (even after only 1 film for the Thunderbolts) so you can get more X-men faster. The X-men aren't the only marvel characters that matter.

It’s so weird isn’t it? Imagine soft launching The Avengers but instead of starting with cap, Thor and iron man you start with Jack of Hearts and Thunderstrike
I don't think it's quite like that, since there's a difference between mutants in general and X-Men. They're introducing mutants but not yet the X-Men. There's not really a comparable situation imaginable with the Avengers since there's not a shared origin for members of the Avengers.

I see this more like how the comics retconned a bunch of characters from the golden age and very early silver age pre-X-men into being mutants. Like Namor, Namora, Whizzer, Jimmy Jupiter, a bunch of minor characters that were forced to work for the Yellow Claw and some characters with their own single stories in anthology books like Amazing Adult Fantasy and Tales of Suspense. Except now they're including characters as mutants from the start instead of having to retcon them all later.

yeah, because its either 2 years or 5 years. There is no middle point.
You are....... one of a kind. no doubt

Well if marvel puts out 3-4 movies a year. 1 x-men every 2 years is acceptable!! Hell with so many characters 1 a year isn’t that bad!! Especially if they are gonna semi phase out “avengers-Thor characters” IMHO

Avengers Endgame was released in 2019 and Avengers Kang Dinasty will be released in 2025, so..... No, they wont be dropping main X-Men movies each two years.

Its just not realistic.
Infinity/Endgame were a 2 part story, thats why they were released back to back. Same with Kang/Secret Wars.
Its pretty clear whats Feige's pattern.
He takes 3 or more years between team/event films so he can introduce/release solo and team spinoffs in the middle. And Id bet money he will do the same with the X-Men (somo solo and team spinoffs movies and shows between the X-Men films).

They should adapt the X-Men vs Avengers comics and show the differences between the X-Men and the Avengers create a justification for why the Avengers cant help the X-Men maybe they had different point of views

Could they just sprinkle in the occasional X-Men here or there if it suits the story? Maybe someone who isn't big time? Yeah, they reference Wolverine in She-Hulk, but what if, say, I dunno, Jamie Madrox as part of HYDRA or Rogue in a Captain Marvel sequel?

Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are almost universally disliked. And Infinity War/Endgame was achieved by filming the movies back to back, which is an extra expensive tactic to be used sparingly not on every film in a franchise.

And a lot of people aren't really happy about the Spider-man movies being forced to release a new film every two years on account of it sucking up a lot of time and money that could also go to other franchises and being itself a big part of the reason some of the other franchises have to wait five years in between movies.

A three or four year gap between movies is fine (and no, it won't guarantee that nothing is rushed but it will make it less likely). And while I was surprised by the decision to move on to Thor 4, Cap 4, etc, and would be totally fine if they still limited most franchises to 3 or 4 movies at most, it is massively selfish to claim that all these other franchises just need to end (even after only 1 film for the Thunderbolts) so you can get more X-men faster. The X-men aren't the only marvel characters that matter.
Thor 4 is 5 years after Thor 3, and is one of the least reviewed mcu films ever.

That should tell you, that a shorter or longer gap don't mean everything. We got Spider-Man 2, two years after Spider-Man. I could go on with more eXamples.

Avengers Endgame was released in 2019 and Avengers Kang Dinasty will be released in 2025, so..... No, they wont be dropping main X-Men movies each two years.

Its just not realistic.
Infinity/Endgame were a 2 part story, thats why they were released back to back. Same with Kang/Secret Wars.
Its pretty clear whats Feige's pattern.
He takes 3 or more years between team/event films so he can introduce/release solo and team spinoffs in the middle. And Id bet money he will do the same with the X-Men (somo solo and team spinoffs movies and shows between the X-Men films).
Like I don't get why you are having such a reaction, when I said Marvel Studios should phase out their older characters, so we could get X-men films sooner....

Like a X-Men movie every 2 years is suddenly offensive... yeah I'm sorry I brought up that suggestion. Like I'm sure if that happened, you would be the first to complain as if thats a bad thing, that a X-Men film two years after the last one is automatically doomed to fail, but other mcu films suddenly made it work because reasonssss.

Thor 4 is 5 years after Thor 3, and is one of the least reviewed mcu films ever.

That should tell you, that a shorter or longer gap don't mean everything. We got Spider-Man 2, two years after Spider-Man. I could go on with more eXamples.

That tells you absolutely nothing. Thor 4's reviews have nothing to do with how long its been since Thor 3 was released. Neither do Spider-man's reviews, incidentally.

And you don't have to convince any of us that a longer or shorter gap isn't that big of a deal. You're the one claiming anything longer than 2 years fundamentally unacceptable and therefore everything that isn't a character you like just has to go away so your favorite characters can get faster turnover. We're the ones saying there's nothing wrong with a 3 or four year gap when necessary.

And you don't have to convince any of us that a longer or shorter gap isn't that big of a deal. You're the one claiming anything longer than 2 years fundamentally unacceptable and therefore everything that isn't a character you like just has to go away so your favorite characters can get faster turnover. We're the ones saying there's nothing wrong with a 3 or four year gap when necessary.
In which part of my post I said this, that more than 2 years is fundamentally unacceptable, you are putting words into my mouth for the sake of an argument.

Also I like Thor, but do i need Thor 5, 6 and 7. No. Not when Marvel Studios could focus their energy on X-Men 1, 2, 3, 100. Also why would I want Guardians 4, 5 and 6, then Ant-Man 4, 5 and 6 when those would just make the wait longer for another X-Men movie? Its surprising that I have my own preferences huh and I need to be called out for that?

Also can we remind people here that its only been 3 years since Dark PhoeniX, and look how people were clamoring for a X-Men announcement in D23. But I didn't eXpect anything, so as in Sdcc earlier this year.

Lets go back to what I said

And i got this as a response:
Obviously what I said was taken in bad faith. As if I want Marvel Studios to rush things Xpecially a X-Men movie. I'm not constantly checking if the X-Men movie is announced this year as I know it ain't happening so soon.

RelaX.

Last edited:
Calling all x-men fans!! Please have a little patience!! Remember Disney only recently got x men rights back!! (31/2 yrs ago) they usually plan out movies for 5 years so we got to wait at least 1 1/2 more years!! They will be here soon!!

Yeah the thirst is real for us all. But the X-Men are coming. And I think that between theatrical releases and D+ content, there will be no shortage of mutant stories. Don't expect everyone and their mama right away, but it's a safe bet that none of the major players will be forgotten.

Probably because it toes the line of Holocaust denial.
How on earth does changing Magneto's backstory amount to denying that the Holocaust ever happened or suggesting that it was exaggerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"