• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

MCU X-Men - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ororo isn’t wakadan?

Why complicate things? You would need to give her an entirely new backstory to the one she has now. Why not have Nakia and Ororo!

Because Nakia and Ororo are not the same character. Same reason you don't make War Machine and Falcon into one character.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Ororo and Nakia, are completely different from one another. And yes, they come from different parts of Africa.

I don't have a problem with Storm being introduced in a Black Panther movie but forcing a connection between Ororo and Nakia/Ramonda is unnecessary and cheapens Storm's mythology imo.

Russo's

"If Disney's takeover of Fox goes through, there are a lot more characters to work with all of a sudden, it might be interesting to do something like Secret Wars,"

Secret Wars is the only option to introduce them imo

Russo's

"If Disney's takeover of Fox goes through, there are a lot more characters to work with all of a sudden, it might be interesting to do something like Secret Wars,"

Introduce who? X-Men? Weaving mutants into the MCU naturally would be much more interesting than using some "From another universe" mumbo jumbo

Introduce who? X-Men? Weaving mutants into the MCU naturally would be much more interesting than using some "From another universe" mumbo jumbo

I honestly don't think it matters. As long as all the actors are recast it doesn't matter what universe they are from imo

I honestly don't think it matters. As long as all the actors are recast it doesn't matter what universe they are from imo
Yeah, it kind of does. If the inclusion doesn't feel natural. The idea of them coming through a dimensional portal is just really contrived imo and robs a lot of story potential and character development. Much more interesting story potential to have mutants arise in the world of the MCU and what the reaction to that would be within the established world.

Yeah, it kind of does. If the inclusion doesn't feel natural. The idea of them coming through a dimensional portal is just really contrived imo and robs a lot of story potential and character development. Much more interesting story potential to have mutants arise in the world of the MCU and what the reaction to that would be within the established world.

I wouldn't do a dimensional portal. It'd just be another MCU that only has humans and mutant's with no super heroes.

Beyonder would be greatly impressed with mcu Earth-199999 heroes performance against thanos and want to see them fight again.

Bring X-MEN/FF & MCU w/ a few villains to Battleworld. Winner gets hearts desire... Hijinx ensue. After all that and beyonder is defeated universes get combined.

Then you can deal with mutant's appearing In MCU after secret wars

MCU Storm just needs long white hair (stop that tired ass Mohawk, pixie cut that Halle/Shipp has been rocking), be from Kenya, be a goddess, and on top of all that have more lines than "No, but we can slow them down!"

Emma Watson for Jean Grey too.

I'm not a big X-fan but isn't Storm from Egypt? From what little I know of the comics Storm was born in Harlem New York(which technically automatically makes her an American citizen) then raised in Cairo, Egypt(where Professor Xavier first met her). Her mother is Kenyan, sure, but the character is not.

I'm not a big X-fan but isn't Storm from Egypt? From what little I know of the comics Storm was born in Harlem New York(which technically automatically makes her an American citizen) then raised in Cairo, Egypt(where Professor Xavier first met her). Her mother is Kenyan, sure, but the character is not.

Storm's dad was African American from NYC, her mom a Kenyan tribal princess. They moved to Cairo and then her parents got killed and she went on to become a pickpocket.

Basically my wish is just to flesh out her character and give her personality. The foX-Men movies totally were a disservice to her.

Basically my wish is just to flesh out her character and give her personality. The foX-Men movies totally were a disservice to her.
Seeing her doing the street punk act in XM:A, I thought "Why are we just getting to this NOW??"

Yeah Storm should be a Goddess as depicted in her first appearance:

SL4PfNz.jpg

I appreciated her pickpocketing in XMA but they took one step forward, two steps back with her characterization stripping her of her strong-will and special features.

I could see them referring to her as a goddess because what else would you use to describe someone like that if your language didn’t have words like mutant. But I hope they don’t go for the gullible superstitious African stereotype.

There’s definitely a way to do it right

My pitch for the second film in my proposed MCU X-Men Series:

Marvel's X-Men: Dangerous Game

Returning Cast

Havoc: Dacre Montgomery --- Quentin Quire: Finn Wolfhard --- Oya: Sennia Nanua --- Armor: Piper Curda
Cyclops: Chris Pine --- Jean Grey: Blake Lively --- Storm: Tracy Ifeachor --- Iceman: Chris Colfer
Polaris: Naomi Scott --- Forge: Adam Beach
with Denzel Washington as Dr. Charles Xavier and Leslie Odom Jr. as Dr. Hank McCoy

TV12SS_ID108.jpg

Arcade: Andrew Scott

shahicover-620x375.jpg

Miss Coriander: Sarah Shahi

MV5BMTU0MTEwODgzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDUwNDY1ODE%2540._V1_%2B%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%255D.jpeg

Magneto: Navid Negahban .

rs_600x600-170801080932-600.billie-lourd.8117.jpg

Destiny: Billie Lourd

9e63e5cb992feaae6a6f5219b5fc6f17.jpg

Pyro: Jimmi Simpson

Nonso%20Anozie%20Net%20worth.png

15824.jpg

Wolverine: Alex Hogh Anderson

The Plot

The students have been "grounded" ever since their excursion in the previous films. This has sat none too well with any of them. However, they have had time to grow in their powers and, in some cases, relationships. Quentin and Idie are awkwardly attracted to each other despite their violently clashing personalities. Alex continues to pine for Polaris, despite knowing she is the daughter of Xavier's old rival Magneto.

Meanwhile, the X-Men discover that a forces tied to a mysterious have been kidnapping mutants across the world. Professor Xavier seems oddly reluctant to engage, and argues with Scott over the mission. Against his mentor's advice, Scott leads the team into action. They are quickly caught off guard upon arrival, for the resort is in fact built upon Krakoa, the living island. The entire team is captured and introduced to the resort's owner: the eccentric Arcade, who has constructed a massive playground for the world's most amoral billionaires, centered around "Murder World", his own modern gladiatorial arena. The star contestant: the mysterios, beserk fighter The Wolverine.

In the mansion, the team's failure to report back causes alarm. Xavier and the school staff spar over how to respond, and the professor shuts himself off from the school. Taking matters into their own hands, Beast and Forge opt to send the students in to discover what is going on, a task they are all too eager to accept. Beast's tech allows them to circumvent the island's defenses.

In the arena, the X-Men are forced to face down The Wolverine. Together, they seemingly defeat what appears to be a crazed monster, but only after suffering many severe injuries. The fight ends when Jean, Storm and Scott unleash the full force of their power to take down their foe. Arcade is exubriant at the thought of new champions far more "aesthetically pleasing" than his old one. The leaders of the X-Men, however, are decidedly not on board with his game, and are sent away for "re-education". Wolverine's "body", meanwhile, is taken away, only for him to break free from the compound upon his recovery.

Back outside, the rescue team is divided on the best approach. Beast attempts to charm his way into the resort, but it ends with he, Anole, Mercury, and Gentle being dragged off to Arcade's labs. Only Havoc is able to slip in unnoticed. Forge, Quentin, Armor and Oya remain behind to guard the ship, but are confronted by Wolverine, looking for a way off the island. After a tense standoff, Wolverine agrees to help them take down Arcade's schemes. He reveals he remembers nothing of his past, only a name, Logan, and that he is far older than he looks.

Inside the resort, Havoc continues to blend in and investigate the inner workings of the island. He is caught off guard, however, by the sudden arrival of Polaris, in disguise alongside her father Magneto and the highest ranking members of The Brotherhood: Pyro, Destiny and Post. Magneto claims that they were contacted and directed to the island by Xavier himself. Havoc agrees to work with them, helping Post to hack into the resort's server, giving them a view of the insane expiraments taking place in the islands labs.

Beast and Anole are getting first hand looks at these expiraments. Miss Corriander unveils the latest creation: Predator X, genetically modified beasts spliced with DNA from captured mutants, including the X-Men that had been taken away for "medical treatment".

Quentin and Destiny develop a telepathic rapport to coordinate their assault on the resort. An epic battle breaks out as our heroes fight their way through Arcade's security and elaborate death trap defenses. The Predator X's are released, but are defeated by the combined forces of the X-Men and the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood and Havoc reach Arcade's control room. Polaris mercy-kills the telepath Aracde was using to control Krakoa and Destiny takes over, defeating Quentin in a psychic duel. Miss Corriander betrays Arcade, leaving him to die.

With Magneto now in control of Krakoa, the X-Men are allowed to leave, along with Wolverine. Havoc, however, chooses to remain with Polaris and the Brotherhood, a decision that leaves Scott distraught. They return to the mansion with the student's standing greatly increased, as Beast declares them "true X-Men". The elder mutants relationship with Xavier, however, is seriously strained, as it becomes clear he has been keeping secrets from them.

POST CREDITS

-Magneto leads Havoc to the heart of Krakoa, promising a reveal of Xavier's oldest secret. There lies the comatose Gabriel Summers: Vulcan.

-Logan adjusts to life in the X-Mansion and is confronted by Armor, who wants him to teach her how to fight like him.

^ I love the student characters you include in your story. Quentin, Idie, Oya, and Armor would be my first choices for a student body. Maybe add Hellion and Rockslide if there's room.

Arcade would be a fun villain. I'd want to see a movie rip off the plot from X-men Evolution's episode with Arcade, where he treats the danger room and the mansion defences as a game. It would be a good way to make the mansion a character in itself, a place that feels lived in and important.

Unrelated, I just read Lifedeath I from Claremont's Uncanny X-men (the issue that deals with Storm's depression after losing her powers and Forge's betrayal). My ideal MCU films would establish a dynamic that leads to that storyline. It's just too good and dramatic.

I want it for this moment alone:
u3KWM14.png

Oh my gosh that would be such a fun choice for arcade

How about Jack O'Conell for Logan/Wolverine? Amazing actor, young and on the shorter side at 5'8:
FjbEmlVl.jpg

Last edited:
I've yet to hear a Logan pick I like better than Dustin Claire. I suppose there's something to be said about picking another Aussie rather than, I dunno, an actual Canadian. Especially given how many Canadians actually DID play X-Men.

I've yet to hear a Logan pick I like better than Dustin Claire. I suppose there's something to be said about picking another Aussie rather than, I dunno, an actual Canadian. Especially given how many Canadians actually DID play X-Men.
Too old for me.

Double Post. Sorry!

Last edited:
Russo's

I would love that. I'm one of those of those people that want the rebooted X-Men to be set in a different universe. The ff though should be introduced in the established MCU verse.

You can't have it both ways. Introducing them from a different universe would be kind of too much IMO. Just keep it simple and fold them into the MCU proper naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"