MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

You know, I found it strange that WB/DC put this up on their social media accounts in mid June. All movies/tv shows used to promote the DC Fandome event were recent or upcoming. Expect for this Batman '89 image:

This, coupled with Michael Uslan's acknowledgements on Facebook, makes it seem like they are pretty confident about Keaton's involvement.

Huh, you’re right. For some reason I thought there was a Christopher Reeve Superman thing in there too, but nope.

did ya really just waste 3.01 mins of your life for that?

Regarding an actor for Riddler. It can be someone born later than 1954 if he will be interesting in the role.
Who can suit the Burtonverse style? Can we even imagine what kind of Riddler we'll get there?

Here are some that will be old enough to have clashed with Batman in the 90s.
Kyle MacLachlan
Gary Cole
Michael Biehn
Kevin Costner
Bill Paxton
Alan Ruck
Eric Roberts
Bruce Greenwood
Alec Baldwin
Sean Bean
Kenneth Branagh
Matthew Broderick
Matt Dillon
Rob Lowe
Anthony Michael Hall

Their ages span over a decade. Warner bros shouldn't go any younger than that.

Or what if they go older and cast Gary Busey as Edward Nygma? :wow:

Jeff Goldblum would be another pretty solid choice for a Burtonverse Riddler. Right age range too

Why does the riddler have to be a comparable age to Bruce... could have been later in Bruce's life that he appears...

A young Robert Downey Jr, Adrien Brody vs Bruce Wayne around 1995......

Crispin Glover.... that's my pick.

Why does the riddler have to be a comparable age to Bruce... could have been later in Bruce's life that he appears...

A young Robert Downey Jr, Adrien Brody vs Bruce Wayne around 1995......

Crispin Glover.... that's my pick.
He doesn't really. That's why I suggested Anthony Michael Hall. He's way younger. But still old enough to have a history with Burtonbat.
That's important because Riddler as a new villain popping up when Bruce is old, doesn't really make sense.

Crispin is an amazing idea. Might be better than all my suggestions.

He doesn't really. That's why I suggested Anthony Michael Hall. He's way younger. But still old enough to have a history with Burtonbat.
That's important because Riddler as a new villain popping up when Bruce is old, doesn't really make sense.

Crispin is an amazing idea. Might be better than all my suggestions.
How so? esp when you already said it doesn't matter...

How so? esp when you already said it doesn't matter...
Well, you suggested Crispin after all :halo:
I meant that there can be a stretch in age. Hall is around 15 years younger (or so) than Keaton. That's not completely comparable (as if they were just a couple of years apart), but comparable enough to the actor portraying a Riddler that's been around for a while.

It's in our consciousness that a classic Batman villain on this scale - in Burtonverse - would not have happened that long after Penguin/Catwoman. Like mid-/late-90s. We just can't help it.
We don't think firsthand of actors around Tom Felton's/Zac Efron's age. Even though they're fully adult now. We just imagine Riddler older.

Also, a veteran Burtonverse Riddler with ties to the past is a bit more interesting story-wise than a young Burtonverse Riddler just starting out. Him and Bruce having a history of clashing can offer some meaty story to be told. And when the portal open to another universe, he finally can get a chance to defeat Bats once and for all.
A young Riddler lacks that element. And old Bruce would probably see him more as a weird youngster than an equal (on the other side of the law).
That age gap doesn't need to apply on both Riddler and Ezra's Flash. Why should old Bruce meet two young masked guys at the same time?

If Riddler comes from elsewhere in the multiverse, then he can be young or whatever age.
And he can be from a totally other kind of world, where society is as far from Burtonverse as it can be.

Last edited:
Assuming that they're ignoring Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, (and assuming Keaton even does return, for that matter) I wonder if there will be any acknowledgement or indication of the existence of a Robin in Keatman's past. I know Burton has always explicitly been anti-Robin, but I don't recall Keaton ever expressing any sentiment one way or the other.

I think Robin would work quite well in the Burton verse... however, don't expect it to be like the robin we know....

Mhm. I picture Keaton's Batman treating Robin almost like how Mr. Incredible treated Buddy in the Incredibles. Only more subtly playful and less severe in his objections. Constantly griping under his breath about how Robin is cramping his style.

I prefer to think of Keaton's Batman as having no Robin.

Apparently hearing Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne could cameo in this as well and that his Bruce could meet Keaton's Bruce because of the whole Multiverse concept being played around with here

Apparently hearing Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne could cameo in this as well and that his Bruce could meet Keaton's Bruce because of the whole Multiverse concept being played around with here
Where did you hear that?

http://****************.com/movies/ben-affleck-reportedly-talks-cameo-flash-keaton-batman/

I don't know why the link doesn't work but that is the link to the article

I think Robin would work quite well in the Burton verse... however, don't expect it to be like the robin we know....
How would he be different?
On the same scale that Burtonbats differs from the comics? Then how do you imagine Burton-Robin?

How would he be different?
On the same scale that Burtonbats differs from the comics? Then how do you imagine Burton-Robin?
So, if you think of where Batman returns left off, can you see him having time to mentor a kid? To have him in the batmobile with him as he 'gets nuts'?

I can see Bruce taking a kid in, not letting him anywhere near the bat cave... he is just Bruce Wayne to him.. that's all he wants. Then, the kid stumbles upon it.. and Bruce tells him to ignore it or he can consider himself out on the streets.. to which Bruce later regrets after words from Alfred.. then he let's him work on stuff int he cave eventually... dangling a carrot that he can one day help.. but never gives him that definite answer.. until one day bruce is in danger and then robin comes to his aid... he helps him, but that doesn't mean he is his partner... still dismisses him from being robin and that's it.. I can't see him being his partner but more of a one time helping him out deal.

All I keep getting is 'This site can’t be reached'. But if it's true, fantastic. Keaton and Affleck are my two favourite live-action Bruce Wayne's, so seeing any sort of interaction between them would be great.
It's not true. Ben isn't coming back. People need to accept this.

So, if you think of where Batman returns left off, can you see him having time to mentor a kid? To have him in the batmobile with him as he 'gets nuts'?

I can see Bruce taking a kid in, not letting him anywhere near the bat cave... he is just Bruce Wayne to him.. that's all he wants. Then, the kid stumbles upon it.. and Bruce tells him to ignore it or he can consider himself out on the streets.. to which Bruce later regrets after words from Alfred.. then he let's him work on stuff int he cave eventually... dangling a carrot that he can one day help.. but never gives him that definite answer.. until one day bruce is in danger and then robin comes to his aid... he helps him, but that doesn't mean he is his partner... still dismisses him from being robin and that's it.. I can't see him being his partner but more of a one time helping him out deal.
Forget the logic behind it. Don't put realism here. :yay:
The starting point for the question is that Batman gets a Robin. An actual Robin that is, not just Dick Grayson.
Imagine what this Robin will be like, in a Burtonverse setting. How many changes would there be to him?
Similar to how Batman himself was altered from comic book page to Burton's vision?
That's what I meant when I asked about it yesterday :)

Burton can surely twist something about the character. But I wasn't fond of his idea for Robin to be a garage mechanic. I've just read about and it sounds really bad.
But the other thing mentioned in the article is that Burton's Robin would have been just as brooding as Bats himself. So a very different take than Schumacher's.

When we imagine a Burtonverse Robin, we don't have to follow every idea Burton had for the character. We can imagine what we want, as long as it fits the Burtonverse.
I would still have wanted him to have a background in acrobatics, somehow. But it can be presented in so many ways, we don't even have to show him perform at a circus.
A darker Grayson would suit the style of a gothic Gotham. Perhaps twisted visually to appear emo-like?
Too much? Yes, a bit. But remember the extent to which Penguin was twisted, and an emo-Robin isn't even halfway there.
No, he shouldn't go full emo with a lot of black make up. Not a clone of Brandon Lee in The Crow.
Grayson/Robin can be a little emo-lite, more on the inside than in his looks. Just a little emo-vibe from him is enough.

I would imagine this Grayson is moody, He could also have some attitude. Perhaps he's been homless for some time after the murder of his family, and has gotten a little street-wise?

In 1995, I can think of two actors that would have suited this kind of Burtonverse Robin. Unfortunately, Schumacher came onboard and camped things up.

c68d148583dad8da4eddf8e19026f975.jpg

krV6TsQGZXuNNYlehO2YTtCu9jWSQhOjJK6knUIpdxlEMjvukl9eMhCEw4TxXoXWY2NT2EbZShwriSzo25nL-PkxhTmHWKdlLXWgyn64m0EANKp--5HCb9ok2tgfSLzcFocpv7j0nv5V4FOOp9zLgA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"