MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I'm already here for the scene when Affleck says he needs a vehicle, Keaton "then get in the car", Affleck "which one?"

Keaton looks to a side of the Batcave, something is covered

Batmobile.jpg

oohhhh boi....

I'd love to see two different Batman interpretations working together... but this feels like an extended cameo/goodbye for Affleck.

Last edited:
I'd love to see two different Batman interactions working together... but this feels like an extended cameo/goodbye for Affleck.

I don't disagree with the "goodbye for Affleck" part, but as for the former, I have a feeling it's a supporting role.

From the impression that Muschietti talked about regarding Affleck, I think Affleck and Miller will share several scenes together.

I'm already here for the scene when Affleck says he needs a vehicle, Keaton "then get in the car", Affleck "which one?"

Batmobile.jpg

oohhhh boi....

Zod, if we got the Burtonmobile in live action again too... [mind blown].

Keaton and Affleck

This almost makes all those delays and director changes worth it

I don't disagree with the "goodbye for Affleck" part, but as for the former, I have a feeling it's a supporting role.

From the impression that Muschietti talked about regarding Affleck, I think Affleck and Miller will share several scenes together.

Definitely a supporting role.

I feel like he might bookend the movie... open with him helping Barry on some kind of mission before the main adventure begins (with Keaton). Then we get that emotional scene at the end were Barry gives Batfleck a letter from his Father and an emotional send off.

But I would like to see Affleck and Keaton interact.

Does the letter scene even work without Thomas Wayne?

I feel like he might bookend the movie... open with him helping Barry on some kind of mission before the main adventure begins (with Keaton). Then we get that emotional scene at the end were Barry gives Batfleck a letter from his Father and an emotional send off.

The more that we see of this developing, the more I like it. I’m hoping Christina Hodson brings a lot of heart in the script like she did with Bumblebee.

Does the letter scene even work without Thomas Wayne?

Yes, because the letter scene would come right before Batfleck dematerialized as the timeline resets or something.

"Dear Batman,

I'm Batman now. Have a disappointing day.

-Batman"

Batmobile.jpg

oohhhh boi....

My lord.. this is exactly the type of moment Keaton was born to play.. he will have so much attitude - his smirk... wink in his eye it will be epic... like pure mind blown, plus sooo many people will want see Keaton in character... the bat mobile too.. Jesus it's amazing... like, it's such an iconic car...

I feel this is a way for Batfleck to leave on a high... man, they can get Kenton and batlfeck back but superman??? I don't buy it... he has to be involved... god no it's not Tyler Hoechlin.

I would say, I feel the absence of anything nolanverse is interesting... like, I just feel that DC can do what they want... Nolan doesn't own the characters and anything moving forward will not ruin the trilogy, it just won't....

But man, John Blake... Alfred, Fox are all easily available and realistic... but I just feel it, it shows that the nolan verse is it's own thing and too grounded, like imagine
baleman interacting with time travellers... it just doesn't work... imo

"Muschietti said it wouldn’t work as well for him to venture into the company of other Batmen without having Affleck as the starting point"

Sounds like there could be more Batmen after Affleck. Not just Keaton.

Thinking on it... This could be the way for a ton of celeb actors to get some super hero time in without the commitment to a franchise.

So we might not just see actors who have played these parts in the past before but also there might be surprise alt-versions we never considered.

"Muschietti said it wouldn’t work as well for him to venture into the company of other Batmen without having Affleck as the starting point"

Sounds like there could be more Batmen after Affleck. Not just Keaton.
Other characters too? Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman?

Starting to sound like Crisis on Infinite Earths

... So this is just going to be a full on Batmovie with Flash as the audience surrogate character, isn't it?

Just bring it on!!!

From DCU: Batfleck
From Nolanverse: Bale
From Burtonverse: Keaton
From 1966-verse: A 35 year old Dick Grayson

Superman: Brandon Routh over Cavil any day. He finally has the gravitas to play the real Supes, not Superboy. And he's sort of Donnerverse.

Then
Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman
Helen Slater's Supergirl
Dean Cain's Clark Kent

Cameos
Chris O'Donnell
Angela Bassett
Justin Hartley

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"