MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

A series of animated movies showing adventures of Keaton's Batman between Batman Returns and whatever we see in Flashpoint would be fantastic! :drl: I can't believe the idea hasn't crossed WB/DC's mind.

I wouldn't mind some comics/graphic novels - so much to cover.....

I don't know, but I think the previous guys were going with a more comedic approach, weren't they? I have to confess that up until Keaton's involvement was rumoured I hadn't followed the developments of this movie very closely. I'm sure there'll be some humour in this but I think Keaton's Batman is a better fit for a more serious tone.

I had absolutely no interest in this movie at all.... nothing... I don't like the person, Ezra Miller, he seems self entitled, virtue signalling and just a spoilt brat.... nothing he has done has changed my mind, the rants, the throw downs, the awkward fashion he wears at times just highlights it more..

Now, Borg life is on a one man mission to expose people, fair enough, good for him, but go about it and get it done, rather that tweeting hints and clues, it just looks like woke click bait... esp when every one is silent... not saying he is wrong, but he needs to be smart about this... it's just awkward going forward.

But Keaton involved, totally got my attention.... I am there, paying, to see him. Batfleck coming back, it's cool.... but unless the Snyder cut blows me away, I am over it.

I don't know, but I think the previous guys were going with a more comedic approach, weren't they? I have to confess that up until Keaton's involvement was rumoured I hadn't followed the developments of this movie very closely. I'm sure there'll be some humour in this but I think Keaton's Batman is a better fit for a more serious tone.
Yea they were. It's why Ezra teamed up with Morrison to write something a little darker and more serious

Looking at it. I don't think we get Keaton back. Then again, this multiverse stuff seems like a corporate mandate imo. Which could be why they left

I agree I wasn’t interested much until Ben and Keaton were announced. So my only question is, do you think they’ll go for something ‘89 inspired or the ‘92 costume?

I know a lot of folks are emotionally attached to the ‘89 suit but that ‘92 is just perfect.

I know a lot of folks are emotionally attached to the ‘89 suit but that ‘92 is just perfect.
I hope it's more along the lines of the Returns suit. I've always preferred that over the '89 suit.

I like the '89 suit better. I'm not really fond of the armor plated look. It's most prominent around the abs area and I just think it looks kinda lame. Much prefer the sculpted muscle look of the original. In general I prefer a batsuit that looks more organic and natural as opposed to being this high-tech piece of machinery. It's the same reason I prefer the Begins suit over the one in TDK/TDKR. But I'm split on the cowl. I think the cowl in Returns lends itself to lighting better. But I remember someone saying that if the '89 cowl had had better production that was on the level of the Returns cowl, they might prefer the original. I think I'd probably agree with that. Just looking at the batsuits as they stand, I'd prefer the '89 suit but with a cowl that's based more on Returns. But I'd be very interested to see a modernised '89 cowl with a higher production quality.

Last edited:
I prefer the ‘89 suit myself. Hopefully the new suit is similar to it, only with an improved cowl and slight modifications

Imagine the suit, but tatty... beaten up.. aged... modified... I would think the trousers would be adapted over time to something like in Begins... I think overall.. it will look like what we are expecting.

Yea they were. It's why Ezra teamed up with Morrison to write something a little darker and more serious

Looking at it. I don't think we get Keaton back. Then again, this multiverse stuff seems like a corporate mandate imo. Which could be why they left
Broadly true, the multiverse stuff feels like a mandate for sure, but Morrison has said the screenplay he and Ezra wrote wasn't particularly dark and serious. He said it was mostly an homage to 80s science fiction adventure movies like Back to the Future.

I think the cowl in Returns lends itself to lighting better. But I remember someone saying that if the '89 cowl had had better production that was on the level of the Returns cowl, they might prefer the original. I think I'd probably agree with that. Just looking at the batsuits as they stand, I'd prefer the '89 suit but with a cowl that's based more on Returns. But I'd be very interested to see a modernised '89 cowl with a higher production quality.
Whichever cowl they go with I hope they sort out the proportions. In some of the long shots (particularly in some publicity pics) suited-up Keaton's head looks disproportionately large to me, almost Thunderbird puppet-like. Keaton isn't a particularly tall guy, and I think it's going to take a careful design to avoid that. Have to say I didn't notice it quite so much with the Returns suit.

Whichever cowl they go with I hope they sort out the proportions. In some of the long shots (particularly in some publicity pics) suited-up Keaton's head looks disproportionately large to me, almost Thunderbird puppet-like. Keaton isn't a particularly tall guy, and I think it's going to take a careful design to avoid that. Have to say I didn't notice it quite so much with the Returns suit.
F.A.B

With all the advancements in technology and costuming since Batman Returns, I am sure Michael Keaton will get one bad ass looking suit. Something modern but paying homage to the original

With all the advancements in technology and costuming since Batman Returns, I am sure Michael Keaton will get one bad ass looking suit. Something modern but paying homage to the original
I would assume it would look similar to the BB suit, but with his traditional cowl.. that's my bet.

If i got a series of keaton as batman animated features similar to the batman 66 stuff I would be thrilled I know WB toyed with a Batman 89 comic book series but got cold feet for some reason.
:up: I wonder why they decided against it? The film was a huge hit :shrug:

https://****************.com/movies/brandon-routh-reportedly-talks-cameo-superman-flash/

According to our intel, the studio are keen to establish just how important and far-reaching the multiverse will be to the DCEU, and with multiple Batmen already in the mix and Henry Cavill also rumored to be involved, WB want Routh’s overlooked and underrated take on Superman to show up in one of the many different timelines that Barry Allen encounters during his travels through multiple realities in The Flash. He hasn’t officially signed on just yet, but given how much the actor enjoyed his time as Supes, we imagine it won’t take much convincing to get him to join.

:up:

There's a push to get Barry to visit Nolan's universe, if Bale is affordable they'll involve him, but if not, Chris O'Donnell is being asked to reprise his role as Robin. I’d mark out to see O'Donnell as Nightwing/Robin/whatever.

I'm so curious with what they will do with the suit... 89 suit or a reimagining?

My guess is an evolution of the Returns suit. I think the armoured look would better suit older Keaton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"