MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

If it’s a synthesis of the Burton suit(s) and the Kingdom Come armor, I would be quite pleased with that.

Similar cowl, yellow oval... but on armor? Into it.

Sources are now claiming that Cage will get his shot on the big screen to play Superman in The Flash, albeit in a small cameo role.
Hmmm.

The Flash already sounds like it's going to be crazy, but it could get a lot weirder if this speculation proves to be true.
Uh-huh.

At the moment, none of this has been officially confirmed by anyone from the studio, so it's best to file this in the rumor category for the time being.
Done.

I'm excited for the film and Keaton's return :yay: But Nic Cage as Superman? No.
OK :)
I wonder why it is so quiet about Helen Slater, Lynda Carter and Dean Cain. I tried looking for rumours.
The only thing I found was about CW's Crisis event. It seemed that they actually did want Lynda to cameo at an early stage, after all. Why didn't she?

My biggest wish for the CW Crisis was that they would get Lynda Carter to turn up as an older Wonder Woman, or even just as Diana Prince. Was gutted that it didn't happen. If they manage to get her for the Flash movie that will be a major one-up to Flashpoint over Crisis.

Poor Dean Cain. Not even a chance of him.

Actually not poor Dean Cain lol

I'm OK with Keaton and maybe even George Clooney appearing, but don't want Nic Cage back, instead of Cage get Brandon Routh back on big screen, he deserves this.

And there's good chance that Grant Gustin will appear in this.

I'm OK with Keaton and maybe even George Clooney appearing, but don't want Nic Cage back, instead of Cage get Brandon Routh back on big screen, he deserves this.

And there's good chance that Grant Gustin will appear in this.
Definitely :up:

Brandon Routh Superman - YESSSS to that!!!!!!
Maybe he could remain as new DCU Supes for some time. The rumour claims Keaton will do that with Batman

Routh had his big moment already. Doing that all over again would reek of imitation. I’d say go a different direction. If not Flashpoint Superman (which I would suggest Bill Skarsgard for), bring in Calvin Ellis for a supporting role.

Routh had his big moment already. Doing that all over again would reek of imitation. I’d say go a different direction. If not Flashpoint Superman (which I would suggest Bill Skarsgard for), bring in Calvin Ellis for a supporting role.
Nah in CW-Crisis, he was representing Donner continuity but more as Superman Returns Superman while here, he will be representing Chris Reeve Superman, so ignoring SR wouldn't be an issue, give him updated Chris Reeve suit.

Routh should be bought back as 'classic' superman... if that works.. let him feature more.. he can handle it... proper make up, hair, suit... will be an instant classic..

I hope they show a much older Version of that villain who looked like Ray Charles and savagely beat up Batman again and show him defeating Batman with ease again in this film as well. That would be a real cool treat as a nod and wink to the original

Routh should be bought back as 'classic' superman... if that works.. let him feature more.. he can handle it... proper make up, hair, suit... will be an instant classic..
We want this.
Routh is a recast Donnerverse Superman.
Now I want Helen Slater rumours, bc it's the same universe.

We want this.
Routh is a recast Donnerverse Superman.
Now I want Helen Slater rumours, bc it's the same universe.
They could recast Supergirl too... Returns recast everyone, it would seem odd having Routh considerably younger.

They could recast Supergirl too... Returns recast everyone, it would seem odd having Routh considerably younger.
They could, but it would be more amazing to actually have Helen Slater in suit again. It's actually possible with her, but not for Christopher Reeve.

I think this for "multiverse" would be pretty cool:

Gag cameos

I'm picturing these as sort of recognisable, "sight-gag" cameos which the film has fun with:
  1. Stuntmen as Adam West's Batman and Burt Ward's Robin, showing the Batusi from behind (The Flash says "well that was a weird one!);
  2. Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, talking directly to Flash and making jokes about his costume; and
  3. George Clooney as Batman, Chris O'Donnell as Nightwing and Alicia Silverstone as (maybe) Batwoman in a super-grim Batman universe.
Burtonverse
This is an extended setting, where a large portion of the film takes place:
  1. Michael Keaton as Batman;
  2. Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman;
  3. Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale;
  4. John Wesley Shipp as The Flash (from the TV series);
  5. Linda Carter as Wonder Woman;
  6. Brandon Routh as Superman (in his Kingdom Come look, like on The Flash TV series); and
  7. Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face.
This will allow essentially DC's 70s/80s "trinity" of Reeve, Keaton and Carter to be joined on screen and would provide a fitting continuation of the Burtonverse.

I don't think any of these people would be particularly expensive either.

I think this for "multiverse" would be pretty cool:

Gag cameos

I'm picturing these as sort of recognisable, "sight-gag" cameos which the film has fun with:
  1. Stuntmen as Adam West's Batman and Burt Ward's Robin, showing the Batusi from behind (The Flash says "well that was a weird one!);
  2. Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, talking directly to Flash and making jokes about his costume; and
  3. George Clooney as Batman, Chris O'Donnell as Nightwing and Alicia Silverstone as (maybe) Batwoman in a super-grim Batman universe.
Burtonverse
This is an extended setting, where a large portion of the film takes place:
  1. Michael Keaton as Batman;
  2. Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman;
  3. Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale;
  4. John Wesley Shipp as The Flash (from the TV series);
  5. Linda Carter as Wonder Woman;
  6. Brandon Routh as Superman (in his Kingdom Come look, like on The Flash TV series); and
  7. Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face.
This will allow essentially DC's 70s/80s "trinity" of Reeve, Keaton and Carter to be joined on screen and would provide a fitting continuation of the Burtonverse.

I don't think any of these people would be particularly expensive either.
Entertaining to think about.
As you say, it wouldn't cost much either.
Though I wonder how Lynda's WW can fit in with the Burtonverse.
However, Shipp's 90s Flash would be no stretch at all. The visuals sort of fits in.
BDW is a must as old Two Face.
But where would Helen Slater be a part in this? If Lynda is in, sho must she.
When it comes to Routh, I rather have him as the Donnerverse/Reeve Superman.

The gags you presents. You did forgot Val Kilmer there.
I want 1966-verse to move slower in time and now have reached their version of the 80s.
Cast Kevin Zegers as an older version of Dick Grayson. By now he's become Nightwing. Less kiddie-like, more battle-worn.
In terms of appearing to be the same "character", Zegers is closest guy alive.
For Adam, I have no idea who can replace him and still appear to be the same. But it has to be someone closing in on 60.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"