MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

The breastplate ends much closer to the emblem in this suit. There’s definitely a few tweaks. God I am excited to see the full thing. This has the potential to be my favorite Batman suit ever. I’ve missed the oval.

As regards to the texture of the suit looking different to the original. It might also be down to the use of better and more advanced materials than they used in 91/92. Better, lighter and more comfortable for Keaton and the stunt guys.

Trade off possibly being the look and texture differences in comparison to the originals

What I mean is it looks like the bat is actually separated from the oval. Going by the shadows, there appears to be space between the bat and the oval.

I get what you mean. A bit like the emblem on the panther suit in Forever.

upload_2021-6-4_19-7-58.jpeg

Hyped!!

Love seeing the yellow oval back and glad they seem to be basing this on the Returns suit. It looks slightly more armored than the rubber/latex look of 1992, but still looks great.

Huh. Never noticed that Prop Store logo on the Forever emblem before. :hmm I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Doesn anyone feel like that bat symbol looks a bit cheap? The materials and how it looks.

Well I can see it but there's nothing to worry imo.
These are production photos where things never look as "good" as they'll be in the actual film after some photography work. Plus, it's a close up on a movie costume, so it's way more easier to see that, well, it's not "real". Last thing, I think that the pic is way too saturated. It sure makes things more eye-candy, but it also looks very unnatural. I mean, that blood makes me want to drink some raspberries juice. That's not my usual reaction to blood.

Well, all of that to just say : "Andy, just give us a nice badass BarKeat picture that I will stare on for the whole week end, without drinking or eating, just fed by a one in a lifetime nerdgasm."

Last edited:
I just wanted to add, the first thing that comes to my mind seeing that Andy post, was that manip I saw some times ago.

0e9070a1422d1bec98532b0464f36fe8.jpg

And honestly, I wouldn't mind ...
Without going full TDKR armor (we just got it), a more armored chest piece would make sense for an older Batman. The ideal would be to revamp some of that industrial visual language Anton Furst developped back then, to create something unique and true to that beloved universe from 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Also is it just me or does the suit look a bit dusty?

Keaton Bats pulling it out of storage?

I wonder if they’re tapping into the original third Keaton suit, that was adapted into the Sonar Suit for Kilmer?12C7F14A-5FAE-4997-A5A2-D7AC18D02708.jpegF06811B2-94F4-455E-8FC3-1156A08D38F3.jpeg

Pulling out the ‘Returns’ suit as opposed to the ‘89’ one makes more sense, not just because it was the more recent suit chronologically, but also because he had multiple ‘Returns’ suits in the chamber as opposed to the only one he had in ‘B89’.

Prolly similar to Robert Downey Jr. wearing a good chunk of the Iron Man suit with the clunky bits being mo-cap. Not really that surprising.

If true (who's this guy by the way ?), that could confirm an armored Batman.

"If", "could", hey, I can start my own "insider" twitter account or podcast !

I think he used to work for Variety. That's the only reason I felt inclined to share.

I guess if they really are going the armor route, mocap makes sense. I just hope it’s more Kingdom Come (as has been the rumor) than The Dark Knight Returns.

I think we’ve had our fill of Miller’s influence on this character.

I definitely think they'll CG the Cape as is the norm nowadays. This does look a little more bulky and armour like than the RETURNS suit, so hopefully we see Keaton in a classic look before any upgrades.

I do remember Keaton joking that Tom Holland got to walk around in grey pyjamas for Homecoming in comparison to the rubber nightmares he had to endure for 6 months at a time.

Pretty sure Keatom doesnt want to be suffocated by rubber in his age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"