Milly Alcock IS Supergirl/Kara Zor-El

Interesting that Gunn will be the one to cast Kara. Not surprised, though.
Kinda hope he's the one to cast Batman himself too, although the main reason he seems to be casting Supergirl is because she's in Legacy.
Although...

2023-12-25 13_18_38-James Gunn on X_ _@AppsConnor Ok. Good to know. Back to you in a few (year...png
You never know.

Kinda hope he's the one to cast Batman himself too, although the main reason he seems to be casting Supergirl is because she's in Legacy.
Although...

View attachment 76293
You never know.

I'd be highly surprised if he left that one to chance, given that Batman is supposedly his favorite comic book character.

Last edited:
It's probably safe to assume Gunn is gonna cast every big name character who will be a key role going forward. Especially since I bet he's the one who'll inevitably direct Justice League.

Also means the entire Superman brand will be dependant on these two films succeeding because if Legacy does bad and then this comes out... oh boy.

No pressure, James Gunn.
I miss the old days when a new movie could be considered a success w/o grossing nearly a billion. Remember Batman Begins? That film was by no means a box office juggernaut, but man did it have legs!

I miss the old days when a new movie could be considered a success w/o grossing nearly a billion. Remember Batman Begins? That film was by no means a box office juggernaut, but man did it have legs!
In a sane world, the studios would look at this year and realize that the time has come to return to those "old days" of managed budgets yielding strong returns without the mad dash to cross a billion. But instead they're run by empty suits with MBA-brain pandering to shareholders, so they'll keep inflating budgets and just make fewer movies. :csad:

Alcock was great on House of the Dragons. Almost too bad the time jump necessitated getting rid of her (although I’ll never complain about Olivia Cooke entering the picture).

Of the three names mentioned, I'm most familiar with Milly Alcock and Emilia Jones and either would be a solid pick imo.

Alcock was great on House of the Dragons. Almost too bad the time jump necessitated getting rid of her (although I’ll never complain about Olivia Cooke entering the picture).
What a trade-off. I was so torn. :funny:

But yes, while I'm still hoping other names enter the picture (Angourie!), Milly would be a great Kara, I'm sure.

M0pUBFH.gif

UEikxrO.gif

At this point, I guess we'll find out if this short list is legit when someone asks Gunn about it.

10 minutes later: "Not true. We're nowhere near that point in the process on Supergirl yet."

I only recognize Milly Alcock due to House of the Dragon, and Meg Donnelly has a lot of work in...American Housewife and things like Zombies....Zombies 2...Zombies 3...why isn't she being approached for a future DCeased movie? :D

Getting a big kick out of Twitter accounts with 86 followers talking about who their “sources” say has the edge with the studio.

At this point, I guess we'll find out if this short list is legit when someone asks Gunn about it.

10 minutes later: "Not true. We're nowhere near that point in the process on Supergirl yet."

I only recognize Milly Alcock due to House of the Dragon, and Meg Donnelly has a lot of work in...American Housewife and things like Zombies....Zombies 2...Zombies 3...why isn't she being approached for a future DCeased movie? :D
Gunn already said that they're starting the casting process for Supergirl right now (he said this like a week or two ago). So that particular way of debunking is off the table lol.

Having not read the comic and being exposed to only some scenes of the 3 I just googled, I think it's gonna be Emilia but honestly unlike Lois and Superman where it was kinda obvious who the best choices were here I think it could genuinely go to any of the 3.

Emilia has the more impressive resume of the 3, being BAFTA nominated on an Oscar best picture winner and having lead a 3 season show on Netflix, so if I had to go with one it'd be her.

Getting House of the Dragon is no small get either for Milly, tho of the 3 I will say that from what small sample sizes I've seen of her she seems like the least naturally Supergirl-y of the bunch, tho again, I haven't seen much and I'm speaking out of my ass here. Really like her look tho.

And honestly, even being a Disney Channel original star is actually not as easy as it looks especially at that age range. And the Disney people have known how to scout for talent, an example is how they put Zendaya's career on the right track, so Meg genuinely has a shot, especially since I've seen some clips of her and she's not a bad actress, she has charisma and I can easily imagine her slotting right into a James Gunn movie.

Visually, I like the look of Meg Donnelly, I just haven't seen her in anything. Apparently, she voices Supergirl in one of those DTV animated movies.

Of the three choices mentioned, Milly's the only one that really excites me. Although she may not seem like the typical Supergirl type, King's version on the character in SG: WoT is a perfect fit for her.

Of the three choices mentioned, Milly's the only one that really excites me. Although she may not seem like the typical Supergirl type, King's version on the character in SG: WoT is a perfect fit for her.
Same. I find myself neutral on Jones (honestly I barely remember CODA and haven't seen her in anything else), but pretty actively against Donnelly. Milly would kill it though, no doubt.

Same. I find myself neutral on Jones (honestly I barely remember CODA and haven't seen her in anything else), but pretty actively against Donnelly. Milly would kill it though, no doubt.

This might be able to sell you on her. She's quite good. It honestly can go either way. I think Donnelly has charisma but I struggle to imagine her as the hardened Supergirl from WoT.

Milly Alcott has the look and the feel of the DCAU Supergirl. She has such a young face and has the ability to play a teenaged Kara and an older hardened version in the same movie. She just seems like on the nose casting like Corenswet was for Clark.

This might be able to sell you on her. She's quite good. It honestly can go either way. I think Donnelly has charisma but I struggle to imagine her as the hardened Supergirl from WoT.

Oh I didn't even realize she was the Locke & Key girl. She's definitely a solid actress, but Idk, there's just something very...bland and forgettable about her to me. I'd certainly give her a shot if she were cast, but Milly's easily the best candidate in this group imo.

My only misgiving about Alcock is that, of the three, she probably gives us the least to go on in terms of a potential family resemblance to Corenswet.

But then again, they’re cousins, so meh…

I don't know the source material. But I take it that a "petite" actress is required for the role?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"