• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ms. Marvel becomes Captain Marvel

I haven't picked the book up yet. Frankly, although it seems fitting to have her take over the Captain Marvel Moniker, I liked Ms. Marvel the way she was. All she needed was awesome writing and an awesome love interest, supporting cast and role (Ms. Marvel: Agent of Sword, anyone?).
That would make sense.

I haven't picked the book up yet. Frankly, although it seems fitting to have her take over the Captain Marvel Moniker, I liked Ms. Marvel the way she was. All she needed was awesome writing and an awesome love interest, supporting cast and role (Ms. Marvel: Agent of Sword, anyone?).

Agreed.

Anyone else get the feeling that replacing the "Ms" with "Captain" in her code name is an attempt to make her sound, oh I don't know, less feminine thus more appealing to a male demographic (despite taking away the more revealing costume)?

Possibly, but then why not just a name change? Wouldn't a sexy costume only help make her more appealing? Why take that away too?

Newsarama has a preview for issue #2:http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?gid=4395

I miss the old design, but I could get use to this one. I'm still not sure about the artist though. Marvel should have put on of their big artist on the book. Maybe Stuart Immonen should have been put on the book, that'd have been a good choice. Maybe though this artist will grow on me, but I'm not sure he was the right choice to draw this book.

Possibly, but then why not just a name change? Wouldn't a sexy costume only help make her more appealing? Why take that away too?
The lightning bolt design isn't Captain Marvel's symbol. If she's stepping into the legacy, her costume had to at least change to have the starburst instead of the lightning bolt.

Personally, I'm kind of cool with the career military woman finally getting some pants.

Not me - I'm an ass man.

Heard that :up:
Carol still manages to get an ass shot even in pants! LOL

gKxke.jpg

Newsarama has a preview for issue #2:http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?gid=4395

I miss the old design, but I could get use to this one. I'm still not sure about the artist though. Marvel should have put on of their big artist on the book. Maybe Stuart Immonen should have been put on the book, that'd have been a good choice. Maybe though this artist will grow on me, but I'm not sure he was the right choice to draw this book.

The art isn't doing much for me either.

"Earth's Mightiest Hero"? Isn't that just overselling a bit?

Yeah. But, in fairness, she is at least up there. It's not like they're trying to market Wasp as Earth's Mightiest Hero or anything.

I would say she is Marvel's Mightiest Heroine and by definition would be Earth's Mightiest Heroine. Hero, heroine.....close enough

Yeah. But, in fairness, she is at least up there. It's not like they're trying to market Wasp as Earth's Mightiest Hero or anything.

Well it's hard to market Wasp when she's still dead.

They replace "Ms' with "Captain", they use "hero" instead of "heroine", butch promo artwork, hmm... going for a more masculine vibe aren't they?

Don't read X-Men Legacy if you feel that way. Every issue ends with Rogue saving the universe.

Why is it that whenever Carol hangs out with Spidey I get the feeling that he's planning to sell her to the devil in case Aunt May's health starts acting up...

Promo image I stumbled on pretty much by accident -

Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_5_Textless.jpg

Looks a lot better than some of the other pics they threw out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"