Ms. Marvel becomes Captain Marvel

I will give this Dodson, he knows how to draw chicks and make them look sexy without coming off exploitative.

Here's a sneak peak from #3 from Comicvine:http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-look-captain-marvel-3/144999/
The coloring doesn't look like it's going to be as dark this issue which I think makes it a little better.

2503533-captainmarvel_3_preview1.jpg

2503535-captainmarvel_3_preview2.jpg

I wonder why that mask/helmet doesn't show up in more promo work...

David Lopez is a great artist. Pretty reliable too, if I recall his Catwoman run correctly. I hope more consistency in the art and the cosmic bent will attract more readers. DeConnick's been doing good work with Carol.

David Lopez is a great artist. Pretty reliable too, if I recall his Catwoman run correctly. I hope more consistency in the art and the cosmic bent will attract more readers. DeConnick's been doing good work with Carol.

She writes Carol well enough, but I thought KSD's initial stories for her were pretty boring. I'm hoping the next phase will feature more engaging stories.

The focus on cosmic stuff should help. Although, I have to say, I'm not really a fan of DeConnick's starter decisions either. She started the first volume of her run with Carol being all mopey and angsty before the first arc finally got her head back in the game, and I think that gave people a bad first impression of Carol. This time she's starting things off with Carol totally unaware of what her own personality even is, which is another awkward starting point. Hopefully it'll still work out. Honestly, I'm ready for Carol's brain to be restored to normal and for the whole comic to move past this plot altogether.

whats wrong with her brain?

Ive never been a fan of Lopez and hated when he drew the X-men. I preferred the artist on the last volume. I hope Lopez at least leaves that awful headgear in the past

The focus on cosmic stuff should help. Although, I have to say, I'm not really a fan of DeConnick's starter decisions either. She started the first volume of her run with Carol being all mopey and angsty before the first arc finally got her head back in the game, and I think that gave people a bad first impression of Carol. This time she's starting things off with Carol totally unaware of what her own personality even is, which is another awkward starting point. Hopefully it'll still work out. Honestly, I'm ready for Carol's brain to be restored to normal and for the whole comic to move past this plot altogether.

That's another thing - I felt like she was just rehashing old plots: legacy character issues, powers going wonky, ending up emotionally disconnected from her memories, etc.

I love Carol Danvers, she's one of my favorite superheroines.

CAPMARV2014004-COV-56ce7.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL #4
KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A/C)
• Captain Marvel has a hunch about the REAL reason behind the forced resettlement of the Rocket Girl’s people and sets out with a new crew to find proof!
• Turns out Carol’s got a history with the man behind the plot. Rut roh.
• What time is it? When the bad guy tries to blackmail our hero and use the Avengers against her… Could it be PAYBACK TIME?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MSMARV2014005-cov-24b45.jpg

MS. MARVEL #5
G. Willow Wilson (W) • Adrian Alphona (A/C)
• How does a young girl from Jersey City become the next biggest super hero?
• Kamala has no idea either. But she’s comin’ for you, New York.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

CapMar2014006Cover-3c7c9.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL #6
Kelly Sue DeConnick (W) • David Lopez (A/C)
• THE BATTLE ISSUE. Space! Ships! Super heroes!
• Captain Marvel has been caught in the middle of an interplanetary turf war for weeks.
• Now, it's time for Earth's Mightiest Hero to get her hands dirty and show the Spartax and the Haffensye what's what.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

MSMARVEL2014007-cov-36ab0.jpg

MS. MARVEL #7
G. Willow Wilson (W) • Jacob Wyatt (A)
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
IT'S WOLVERINE!
• Kamala may be fan-girling out when her favorite (okay maybe Top Five) super hero shows up for some help, but that won't stop her from protecting her hometown.
• Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with Kamala and all her friends? Maybe Wolvie can be of some help.
• "If you're not reading Ms. Marvel, you're missing out on one of the best series out there." --Says Almost Everybody
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Both Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel are kicking ass right now. The latter had kind of a rough start to its relaunch, but it's really picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"