The Defenders MVP of the Defenders?

Jessica got to use both her detective skills and her fists, so she got to contribute on multiple levels. She even lampshaded her own lack of fighting skills, and how she was the only one left who didn't know karate, which was fun.​
.​
Luke's 'Hero of Harlem' status wasn't terribly relevant, and his connection to Misty mostly consisted of doing everything in his power to get her fired, and then possibly killed, by refusing to tell her anything. He got to punch a lot of face, but felt underutilized.​
.​
Matt had a nice courtroom scene at the beginning, but it wasn't particularly relevant, and neither was his legal mind, for that matter. He got to punch face *gloriously,* but, again, only half of him (the Devil of Hell's Kitchen half) really contributed to the narrative.​
.​
Danny tried to drag his Rand ties into it by barging into the Midland conference room, and bring both halves of his life to bear on the matter, but, sigh. Danny. He darn near handed victory to the bad-guys, more than once. I love the comic book character, but this Danny needs a spanking. Or perhaps some mood-stabilizing meds.​
.​
Matt gave better fight-scenes, and his emotional ties to Elektra made it tense, but Jessica felt more like an MVP to me, since she brought both real world skills and Fighty-McPunchaLot to the table.​

Jessica got to use both her detective skills and her fists, so she got to contribute on multiple levels. She even lampshaded her own lack of fighting skills, and how she was the only one left who didn't know karate, which was fun.​
.​
Luke's 'Hero of Harlem' status wasn't terribly relevant, and his connection to Misty mostly consisted of doing everything in his power to get her fired, and then possibly killed, by refusing to tell her anything. He got to punch a lot of face, but felt underutilized.​
.​
Matt had a nice courtroom scene at the beginning, but it wasn't particularly relevant, and neither was his legal mind, for that matter. He got to punch face *gloriously,* but, again, only half of him (the Devil of Hell's Kitchen half) really contributed to the narrative.​
.​
Danny tried to drag his Rand ties into it by barging into the Midland conference room, and bring both halves of his life to bear on the matter, but, sigh. Danny. He darn near handed victory to the bad-guys, more than once. I love the comic book character, but this Danny needs a spanking. Or perhaps some mood-stabilizing meds.​
.​
Matt gave better fight-scenes, and his emotional ties to Elektra made it tense, but Jessica felt more like an MVP to me, since she brought both real world skills and Fighty-McPunchaLot to the table.​
I loved JJ, but she didn't do a whole lot with her fists or her powers apart from the odd knock out punch. If we judge Matt's non fighting stuff as weaker here then I'd say the same for JJ's fighting. And I'm not saying she isn't a worthy MVP, just bringing that up.

I think Luke Cage, to me, was MVP.

He was the most level headed of the bunch and, many times, called out the importance of what they were doing moreso than even IF (who, when you boil it down, is still out for revenge).

Luke called out everyone on their dumb@$$ery and was right.

Daredevil. He was the leader and consciousness of the team.

Matt is always the MVP. I liked Jessica and Danny far better in this than I did in their solo shows. Especially Danny (Not that I disliked Jessica as a character, but I didn't like her show)

Jessica, most evidently in the first couple of episodes when they were all separated.

Easily Daredevil. I really don't get all the love for Jessica; a few snarky comments and references to her alcoholism and she's amazing?

What does she do that's amazing? I'm really not trying to rip on her, but I really want to know what everyone sees in her...seemingly I'm the only one that does NOT think she's awesome; indicative that there's something strange going on in my head lol

She's broken and beautiful, it's her FU attitude & her biting (funny) sarcasm. She's a functioning alcoholic who kicks ninja a$$. I think people respond to all this which is why they like her so much. The other Defenders just don't know what to do with her. She's the unpredictable wildcard. Overall, a sexy hot mess.

If we're going strictly story based, then she is far from the MVP. That would be DD and/or IF.

Last edited:
What does she do that's amazing? I'm really not trying to rip on her, but I really want to know what everyone sees in her...seemingly I'm the only one that does NOT think she's awesome; indicative that there's something strange going on in my head lol

On the surface she looks one-note to some. But there is something about Ritter's performance that easily makes her the best out of all of them even if she had very little involved to the story.

I think Luke Cage, to me, was MVP.

He was the most level headed of the bunch and, many times, called out the importance of what they were doing moreso than even IF (who, when you boil it down, is still out for revenge).

Luke called out everyone on their dumb@$$ery and was right.

That's how I felt as I watched the story unfold. Luke was the only one to keep his emotions in check in both dealing with his new running buddies and staying focused on the end game.

There's nothing wrong with your perception of her. It's obvious that she's being written as the most reluctant hero of the four. She doesn't even seem to have much enthusiasm for being a detective right now. Watching her use booze as her main coping mechanism was only funny for a short time. Now it's pathetic, especially for a super hero, and the emo teen attitude is wearing thin. She's clearly being set up for the cathartic moment where she releases her emotional baggage and stops wallowing in her myopic sadness.

It came down to DD or Jessica Jones. I went Jessica Jones because of her last minute save with the elevator and her just keeping it real with all her snark XD

i hope we get more scenes of JJ kicking some major butt

I'm sorry I don't see the appeal of JJ at all, Rosario beat her hands down acting. She's not attractive at all. She always looks pissed off and self destructive. She can't cant get her **** together.... I'm sorry don't see the appeal

I'm sorry I don't see the appeal of JJ at all, Rosario beat her hands down acting. She's not attractive at all. She always looks pissed off and self destructive. She can't cant get her **** together.... I'm sorry don't see the appeal

Attractive? Always pissed off and self-destructive? She's not perfect? I love how 2 out of 3 of these can be applied to all of the Defenders and you only use it to bring her down.

Daredevil - Not Attractive - Always pissed off/self-destructive - Not perfect
Luke Cage - Not Attractive - Always pissed off/self-destructive - Not perfect
Iron Fist - Not Attractive - Always pissed off/self-destructive - Not perfect

I posted earlier that that they were all pretty emotionally ****ed up except LC. DD was super emo and IF was downright bratty. I only talked about JJ becaue of the amount of positive reviews for her seemed wildly out place

I thought the better characters portrayed was actually Night Nurse, collene wing and Misty, all seemed strong and relatable.

Eh, Luke Cage is very seldom either genuinely pissed off, or self-destructive. He's the cool, calm, collected one of the bunch.

Yeah, had to vote for Daredevil, but felt Jessica Jones was a close 2nd.

Surfer

i don't really like the iron fist character at all. probably the choice of actor and the portrayal. jessica jones is okay, has potential for development but the writers haven't given her any throughout defenders. i just got done watching it.

daredevil is definitely the leader but luke to me is the MVP. their greatest muscle, obviously. and crap he's lost in the poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"