The Defenders MVP of the Defenders?

Jessica Jones did the most heavy lifting, the rest are rather devided equally.
Daredevil's role as MvP is overrated for this season.

I thought they could have shown a bit more from JJ on the powers front. It might seem strange to someone watching Defenders who hasn't seen JJ's show.

I 100% agree. They could have shown a lot more. I did love her "am I the only one who doesn't know karate" line.

she was MVP for me. Had all the best lines. Didn't hog the spotlight.

Here's my take on why Luke didn't appear to be as interesting to people. He lacked a strong character arc and sense of purpose within the show. For the most part it was the Daredevil and Iron Fist show with Jessica Jones dropping one-liners. Luke's arcs were first tracking down Sowande and once he did he was simply a team powerhouse. Luke literally had nothing to do but be invincible. And then he managed to make amends with Jessica which mostly dealt with Jessica apologizing to Luke. He simply lacked things to do.

And Jessica needed to use her powers more. She only flew once. It felt like she didn't have powers at all most of the time.

Yes. Especially correct. Luke was the odd man out. He only wanted to be in Harlem. It would have been nice to have him be like "this doesn't effect me. I'm not very cool with this mystic crap" and have Matt explain the ruthlessness and how dangerous the Hand were. He may not have believed Danny as who believes a guy who claimed to fight a dragon? :loco:

I guess the budget wasn't enough to effectively show Jessica's powers.

I wish we got more between her.

I liked though it wasn't just DD and friends. It was an actual team.

Jessica Jones. She had the best lines and considering she's the character we haven't seen in the longest time, it was nice to see her back. Frankly, I'm surprised she's not winning this poll. They were all great though, with Finn Jones's performance improving greatly since Iron Fist.

I 100% agree. They could have shown a lot more. I did love her "am I the only one who doesn't know karate" line.

she was MVP for me. Had all the best lines. Didn't hog the spotlight.
She had the best lines for sure. No harm to show more of what she can contribute to the team physically too.

Dang...ya'll realize that Luke has bagged THREE chicks in this Netflix Universe?

Jessica

The Cop

The Nurse :rdr:

Jessica Jones did the most heavy lifting, the rest are rather devided equally.
Daredevil's role as MvP is overrated for this season.
Especially when it came to [blackout]lifts![/blackout].

Colleen. Girl had a plan and got it done. She's the most competent out of all of them. ;)

Brave too after what happened earlier. She was one of the best things about Defenders.

Dang...ya'll realize that Luke has bagged THREE chicks in this Netflix Universe?

Jessica

The Cop

The Nurse :rdr:

Same with Matt....right?

Claire, Karen, and Elektra?

Or no?

But Matt only did the deed with Elektra if I am not mistaken.

Yeah he never actually hooked up with Claire (or Karen yet). Luke on the other hand, has slept with Jessica, Misty, and Claire (not to mention the random women that he was with at the beginning of JJ).

Danny better watch out or Luke might steal Colleen right out from under his nose. Although given that it's Danny, that shouldn't be too hard.

I think all four were great and written like they should. I guess the thing that stood out to me the most was how well Iron Fist worked, as his own show wasn't written that well, so I probably give it to him because of that to help break the ties. He stood out best in the earlier episodes though, when he got to be a bit funnier. When things get all serious Daredevil is better.

His side character, Colleen, also stood out as the best, together with Misty.

Cage and Jones get a slight minus for being so unwilling to accept crazy concepts in a world where basically the Norse god of thunder has stepped down on Earth.

Yeah he never actually hooked up with Claire (or Karen yet). Luke on the other hand, has slept with Jessica, Misty, and Claire (not to mention the random women that he was with at the beginning of JJ).

Danny better watch out or Luke might steal Colleen right out from under his nose. Although given that it's Danny, that shouldn't be too hard.

since he was a virgin.. i imagine Colleen stays with him because of the thrill she gets from fighting with iron Fist and not from the bedroom.

I like Jessica a lot better in smaller doses, playing off of more stoic characters. Matt was great as always, and Luke was solid. Danny was definitely most improved. I might have to pick him, because I really enjoyed his character most of the time.

Each of the 4 were quite important to this show's success IMO which I'm pretty happy with. A bunch of the supporting characters were also heavy contributors, particularly Misty, Colleen and Claire. And even the ones that didn't play a big part added to the show just by being there in whatever capacity. Was cool to get them all together in one place too at the police station.

Each of the 4 were quite important to this show's success IMO which I'm pretty happy with. A bunch of the supporting characters were also heavy contributors, particularly Misty, Colleen and Claire. And even the ones that didn't play a big part added to the show just by being there in whatever capacity. Was cool to get them all together in one place too at the police station.

When I first heard about the mini-series a year ago, I figured it'd be Daredevil and friends, so I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone got substantial screentime.

When I first heard about the mini-series a year ago, I figured it'd be Daredevil and friends, so I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone got substantial screentime.
I was worried about Iron Fist but he worked well as part of the group. His dumbness really helped this all work. ;)

gosh i thought this poll was about the sidekicks :D

there wasnt really a singular MVP of the four leads, they all had good screen time and they all did their part in forwarding the plot, if theres any complaints is that they were all kinda scaled back considerably compared to what their usual powers and abilities are on their solo shows. but its understandable because there are 4 heroes and this is just the first season.

if i would elect an MVP it would likely be Colleen Wing :D

In terms of overall acting and characterization, Luke Cage is the best. However, it seems that the writers positioned Daredevil as the centerpiece for now.

gosh i thought this poll was about the sidekicks :D

there wasnt really a singular MVP of the four leads, they all had good screen time and they all did their part in forwarding the plot, if theres any complaints is that they were all kinda scaled back considerably compared to what their usual powers and abilities are on their solo shows. but its understandable because there are 4 heroes and this is just the first season.

if i would elect an MVP it would likely be Colleen Wing :D

I'd like to see them all use their powers to the max in season 2 at some stage. I also hope the likes of Collen can become secondary members of the team and persistent members of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"