• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Apocalypse Mystique the Mother

I dont think shes going to be connected to anyone.

I want to see Mystique and Nightcrawler's connection acknowledged.

The movies should also acknowledge Mystique's connection with Rogue because she is Mystique's daughter and she is born in the 80s.

Not at all.The timeline works out perfectly.

Then why would Mystique abandon his first son? Mystique is out there helping mutants and taking revenge on government officials and yet she abandoned her own son, who happens to be a mutant. If Nightcrawler was indeed Mystique's son in the original timeline then why Mystique probably never had an intention to care of him? because she went cold?

Then why would Mystique abandon his first son? Mystique is out there helping mutants and taking revenge on government officials and yet she abandoned her own son, who happens to be a mutant.
You answered your own question.She was too busy/interested in fighting the good fight to be a stay at home mom.

If Nightcrawler was indeed Mystique's son in the original timeline then why Mystique probably never had an intention to care of him? because she went cold?

Probably.She was far from motherly in the OT.That could be different in the new timeline.

If she slept with Azazel, then where is the baby/child in DOFP?
Plenty of possibilities. Abandoned, given away, taken away, maybe appeared more human than mutant, etc.
Magneto was in prison for assassinating President Kennedy, so one can assume he has been locked up since the 1960's. That's enough time for Mystique and Azazel to hook up.
Exactly.
She abandoned him in Germany.
Another possibility. She clearly has been traveling internationally.
Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
No, everything in the Storm thread is wishful thinking. This is something that can actually be used.

If she slept with Azazel, then where is the baby/child in DOFP?

dont you know that Mystique left her son in the comics?
thats the perfect and most simple/easy way to connect the three characters, without needing much screentime. Just one flashback would be more than enough, and pretty shocking for general audience (not as much for the fans, knowing the story in the comics and X-Men Evolution)

You answered your own question.She was too busy/interested in fighting the good fight to be a stay at home mom.

Probably.She was far from motherly in the OT.That could be different in the new timeline.

I just don't think someone who is fighting for mutant cause is gonna abandon her own mutant child to strangers. As someone who grew up with insecurities about her physical look, don't you think she should be there with his son who has a blue skin? It must be hard for Kurt to live looking so different and his mother nothing being there to support him doesn't make it any better.

You never know the situation. Applies to real life too. You can't judge why someone would give up their child. Whether to a church or adoption agency.
Maybe she realizes she lives a dangerous life and doesn't want to bring a child into that.

What about her raising a baby Rogue as a foster mother?

You never know the situation. Applies to real life too. You can't judge why someone would give up their child. Whether to a church or adoption agency.
Maybe she realizes she lives a dangerous life and doesn't want to bring a child into that.

Mystique being a mother would just open a can of worms. It could be done right with the right writer, but we already see young Mystique and the future Mystique and there's zero indication that she gave birth to a mutant son.

I think it's very obviously like DOFP which had dozens of unexplained things which was just excused with the excuse that it was 10 years later and things happen

So yeah I can see them putting in the mother angle for mystique

Mystique being a mother would just open a can of worms. It could be done right with the right writer, but we already see young Mystique and the future Mystique and there's zero indication that she gave birth to a mutant son.

We saw a young Magneto and an old Magneto before DoFP and there was zero indication that he ever had a son. Now look what happened. ;)

Last edited:
The movies should also acknowledge Mystique's connection with Rogue because she is Mystique's daughter and she is born in the 80s.
Mystique isn't her real mother, and why would Raven take care of baby? She cares teenage Rogue with powers.

I just don't think someone who is fighting for mutant cause is gonna abandon her own mutant child to strangers.

She did this in the comics.Why is it such a stretch to believe they could do it in a film?

Given that they are going to have Nightcrawler in the next film and will likely be in need of a compelling storyline for Mystique after the events of DOFP,the story seems made to order.

:S what would you want? Stretch marks on her stomach?
What kind of indication do you need?
Is it so much to take in that they are changing things and believe she did, once upon a time, have a child?

We saw a young Magneto and an old Magneto before DoFP and there was zero indication that he ever had a son. Now look what happened. ;)

It was a hint which most mainstream viewers probably didn't get. It is still in question whether they go forward with, like the revelation in the next movie.
She did this in the comics.Why is it such a stretch to believe they could do it in a film?

Given that they are going to have Nightcrawler in the next film and will likely be in need of a compelling storyline for Mystique after the events of DOFP,the story seems made to order.

I just don't get a big deal over this. I know some fans love to stay true to the comics, but Mystique being a mother to Nightcrawler isn't really needed to give Mystique a compelling storyline. And then the father of Nightcrawler is gonna be Azazel who didn't even have an impact in First Class. We are entering movie #8 and Apocalypse will be introduced. Mystique the Mother is not needed in my opinion.
:S what would you want? Stretch marks on her stomach?
What kind of indication do you need?
Is it so much to take in that they are changing things and believe she did, once upon a time, have a child?

Yes.

So caesarian scar? :o

Wow. :doh:
Not all women get stretch marks or even Caesarian scars.
Is it really that difficult to believe that she had a baby and still has a great body? I think not.
And do you honestly believe they would even think on putting stretch marks on her? Let's be real now. It's a movie. It's Hollywood. They're not going to have a naked blue lady with stretch marks on her stomach.

Hahaha, this franchise has so many continuity issues and yet things like whether Mystique has stretch marks or not get singled out. :funny:

It was a hint which most mainstream viewers probably didn't get. It is still in question whether they go forward with, like the revelation in the next movie.

I just don't get a big deal over this. I know some fans love to stay true to the comics, but Mystique being a mother to Nightcrawler isn't really needed to give Mystique a compelling storyline. And then the father of Nightcrawler is gonna be Azazel who didn't even have an impact in First Class. We are entering movie #8 and Apocalypse will be introduced. Mystique the Mother is not needed in my opinion.
Not only would it give Mystique a compelling storyline,but Nightcrawler as well.

I'm guessing you just prefer Rebecca Romijn and are one of those fiercely opposed to giving J-Law a plum role that RR didn't get.

And not to mention Mystique also had a kid with Wolverine. Raze.

Whoa! How many kids does she have? I haven't collected comics since late 90s but I thought she had a kid with Sabretooth. I know Nightcrawler is hers also. So is this 3 kids? Or are there more out there?

I recently picked up one of those Essential Wolverine books to catch up on what has been happening. The store didn't have the previous volumn that I need so I almost fainted when it started up mentioning that Wolvie had married Viper.

It would make that scene in X2 really creepy. I'm referring to the one where Nightcrawler is attracted to Mystique.

I always took it as Nightcrawler was fascinated by her abilities, even mentioning that if she could impersonate anyone why not change to fit in. Seeing as Nightcrawler always looks like that he'd have to be envious/fascinated by someone who could use their powers to fit in, especially considering how much he mentioned people fear him.

Whoa! How many kids does she have? I haven't collected comics since late 90s but I thought she had a kid with Sabretooth. I know Nightcrawler is hers also. So is this 3 kids? Or are there more out there?

I recently picked up one of those Essential Wolverine books to catch up on what has been happening. The store didn't have the previous volumn that I need so I almost fainted when it started up mentioning that Wolvie had married Viper.

She also had a kid with Charles Xavier, also named Charles. Both him and Raze are a part of the Future Brotherhood of Mutants.

if she is, I can kinda understand her not saying anything, I can even understand not mentioning knowing his father

but I was surprised Beast didn't make the connection, and say something to her

I mean Beast knew Azazel, knew that him and Mystique joined Magneto together 20 y.o. ago, so, when he saw a blue teenage kid who looks just like Azazel you'd think he'd have some questions... and/or be jealous or something... like "really? you an Azazel?" Mystique- "don't judge" "and don't tell him"

Last edited:
Anyone think its possible that Azazel could've forced himself on her?

I mean... on second thought Mystique seems like one of the last women who could ever be forced upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"