Namco meets Capcom... again

The prototype Ryu character model looks really good, can't wait to see the finalized version

332nl8w.jpg

New info from Captivate:

• Arrives some time in 2012.
  • Ryu, Ken, Guile, Abel, Chun-Li, Kazuya, Nina, Marduk, King, and Bob are playable.
  • Employs Tekken Tag rules- two health bars, with one round ending after either character's health bar is completely depleted. Stage transitions occur between rounds, from higher to lower levels and vice versa.
  • SF button layout; Ono claims the TK cast can be played traditionally if desired, with only four buttons.
  • Mechanics include normals, juggles, wall bounces, chain (rapid cancel) combos, specials, EX moves, Supers, throws (LP+LK), tags (MP+MK), a universal launcher (HP+HK), chargeable specials (hold button before releasing, up to 3 levels), tag-in combos, rolls on wake-up, and more.
  • Super meter builds as it would in SFIV, but at different costs; 1 bar translates to a tag cancel or an EX move, 2 for Super. 3 bars total.
  • Special charging relies on levels, like Focus Attacks, but without the same properties; Lv1 is a special's meter-less normal state, Lv2 upgrades it to EX, and Lv3 lets out a Super. The act of charging does not build meter, but charged moves don't cost anything, either. EX and Super moves can still be done as button inputs, at the cost of meter. The primary use seems to be for feinting.
  • The TK cast's chains work exactly as they would in a TK game.
  • Throws are cinematic, and can be both technicals and counters under certain circumstances in this playable build.
  • Tag-ins can be interrupted during the stance a character takes before it's active. Done uninterrupted, they can be used in combos, something hardcore fans might appreciate after becoming familiar with a single character.
  • The SF cast plays as they would in SFIV, but timing is different due to an overall faster game speed, and inputs have been altered (Chun-Li's Hyakuretsuken is now a half circle motion instead of a piano tap).
  • Characters are chosen not just based on rivalries or dream matches, but how well they work in pairs as well.
  • Namco and Capcom have signed an agreement stating that the separate teams have the right to do as they see fit with the other's IP for the duration of development; Harada and co. will know as much as the general public does.
  • The SF team's goal is to marry the spacing and prediction metagame of SF with the aggressive playstyle of TK.

x1x99k.jpg

Suffice to say, I'm incredibly hyped.

Last edited:
That trailer was very cool. It looks fantastic...but I would be so much more excited for Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat.

Guile getting announced has now gotten me hyped. Now give me Zangief, Bison & either Guy or Cody (both would be cool too), then I'm good.

I hope they put in Ibuki and Cammy from the Street Fighter side and Raven from Tekken........

guile!!!!

probably will end up buying it because he's included.

Nothing looks off at first, until you realize Heihachi and Nina are [blackout]using Ryu and Chun-Li's animations[/blackout].

Damn, that footage looked impressive. That is kinda crazy how Heichachi used the shoryuken

ipzllu.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/street-fighter-x-tekken-coming-to-vita-with-infamouss-cole-mcg/

Joystiq said:
A press release detailing the PlayStation Vita lineup includes a surprise: Street Fighter x Tekken ... on the go!

Okay, not surprised enough? The Vita version of the crossover fighter "will feature Cole MacGrath as a playable character from the popular PS3 franchise, inFAMOUS." But he's not from Street Fighter or Tekken!

Shenanigans.

Update: Capcom announced that Cole will be "a playable character exclusive to SCE platforms," so looks like he's on PS3 too!

Street Fighter Cross Tekken Cross Cole confirmed for the PlayStation Vita!

Usually, I don't like exclusive characters, but Ono showing up on the stage plus the sheer absurdity of this won me over.

First MK now SFxT...damn can Xbox users get thrown a Bone :csad:

Yea me neither but the odds of that are slim

Prototype isn't Microsoft exclusive. If they did one, I'd expect Marcus Fenix.

Here's a good summary of the game so far:

Meter gain off all whiffed moves and Darkstalker chain combos sound interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"