Street Fighter VI

How many characters does SFV have now?
18. And the first wave of dlc characters eXtends it to 22.

When I buy a fighting game, I'll try every character but its not something I could play for months. So its better for me to wait til the game has a large roster than buy it from launch.

Okay, watching the finals of the CEO tournament, which had over a thousand people, and man, SF6 is a FUN game to watch.

Top 8 not quite as varied as top 24, but man, still fun.

My brother in law is thinking of getting SF6. Could be fun ahead if so. :D

I used to play homemade SF2 tournaments against my cousin (and later a university friend) where we played every character against every other character. Got super-long by the time there were 16 playable characters (256 matches, & no, not 1 rounders :beaming:).

Rashid doing Rashid things. Out on the 24th. Plenty of time to shake up EVO.

Evo numbers are out. 7 thousand registered for SF6. Just shy of 3 times the number of people who signed up for the #2 game, GG Strive. People going for that million.

Pools is going to take forever, lol.

Evo numbers are out. 7 thousand registered for SF6. Just shy of 3 times the number of people who signed up for the #2 game, GG Strive. People going for that million.

Pools is going to take forever, lol.
Is every main fighting game at Evo or do some skip it? If they're all there it means GGS is huge!

Is every main fighting game at Evo or do some skip it? If they're all there it means GGS is huge!

Technically yes, I suppose, because there is a bunch of side tournaments and pop up tournies. But there are only 8 main stage games. SF6, KOF 15, Melty Blood, GG Strive, MK 11, DBFZ, Tekken 7, and UMvC 3.

Smash is gone, finally. Nintendo doesn't exactly like the idea of a Sony owned tournament highlighting their game. But god, glad its gone. Tournament Smash is the worst experience of the game. Plus, it always goes over time. And with record attendence this year, proof EVO and the FGC doesn't need Smash.

Rashid doing Rashid things. Out on the 24th. Plenty of time to shake up EVO.

Nice, might give this character a go and try to properly learn his moves and how to play against others. I like his visuals and he has dynamic moves.

Technically yes, I suppose, because there is a bunch of side tournaments and pop up tournies. But there are only 8 main stage games. SF6, KOF 15, Melty Blood, GG Strive, MK 11, DBFZ, Tekken 7, and UMvC 3.

Smash is gone, finally. Nintendo doesn't exactly like the idea of a Sony owned tournament highlighting their game. But god, glad its gone. Tournament Smash is the worst experience of the game. Plus, it always goes over time. And with record attendence this year, proof EVO and the FGC doesn't need Smash.
Thanks for that. I had to look up Melty Blood, otherwise very interested in pretty much everything there. A shame no Soul Calibur makes it - would have liked to see how the pros get on with that game. I’m hoping Killer Instinct makes another game that gets popular enough for something like this one day. Will be paying most attention to SF & Tekken (my favourites) and MK & UMvC (on the next rung).

Is it the community around Smash that’s the issue? Glad to see something like this can succeed without being reliant on it in any case.

Soul Calibur I think kind of got screwed by Covid. It was slated to be a main game in 2020, but then covid happened, and pretty much the games with crappy online kind of lost progress. And by the time Evo returned to in person in 2022, well, KOF and Strive came out, along with new updates to Skullgirls and Melty Blood for the anime fighters, and they finally let Granblue Fantasy have its chance.

Is it the community around Smash that’s the issue? Glad to see something like this can succeed without being reliant on it in any case.

Like I said, competitive Smash is boring. 5 stock, no items, even with Final Destination changed in, still only certain stages are legal. And frankly, without the chaos, Smash slows down and gets unfun to watch.

Anyway, I am going to watch so much SF6 this weekend. Going to see how much chaos week 2 Rashids are going to cause.

Soul Calibur I think kind of got screwed by Covid. It was slated to be a main game in 2020, but then covid happened, and pretty much the games with crappy online kind of lost progress. And by the time Evo returned to in person in 2022, well, KOF and Strive came out, along with new updates to Skullgirls and Melty Blood for the anime fighters, and they finally let Granblue Fantasy have its chance.
Oh I see. Hopefully the next Soul Calibur game can make the jump then. I love the visuals and gameplay and haven’t seen how top players play given it’s quite a a technical game.

Sadly, seems unlikely. It kind of missed its window, since Evo tends to be newer games, and SC doesn't seem to have much support even in Japan. I think the only older games that retain an audience is MvC and Smash Melee.

Oh I see. Hopefully the next Soul Calibur game can make the jump then. I love the visuals and gameplay and haven’t seen how top players play given it’s quite a a technical game.

And there is a SC tournament being streamed from Evo, just not the main channels Look for Team Spooky.

AKI slithering on the ground is a fun animation.

I was deeply confused when the band at EVO started playing the TMNT theme.

After watching the animated film recently I’ve been hungry for Turtles games and was hoping Street Fighter/Mortal
Kombat/Soul Calibur might include them (again).

Ed being a bit more interesting than his name would suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"