Street Fighter IV sequel?

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/18/sfiv_sequel_announcement/

Street Fighter IV Sequel Announcement Coming Soon

Official blog hints at a followup.

Posted Sep 18, 2009 at 17:30, by Anoop Gantayat

The last installment of the Street Fighter IV official blog promised a statement about a sequel in the next blog update. The new post came today, and sure enough there is mention of a followup.
Not much of a mention, though. The post, written as usual by Natsuki Shiozawa (the first part is written by SFIV director Yoshinori Ono's secretary, but Shiozawa takes over at the end), simply promises a solid announcement regarding a sequel in the near future.
At the very least, this statement does appear to confirm that a sequel is indeed in development, and that its announcement isn't too far off. Unless, of course, Shiozawa is going to pull a Sega and use the announcement to announce that a sequel is not in development.
Perhaps we'll be hearing something at the Tokyo Game Show?

there's a street fighter iv thread you could've posted in.

i mean the game isn't even finalized; no need for a new thread.

anyway, i hear they'll have something like 10 new characters (8 from other sf games and 2 new characters) and hopefully a rebalance of the current roster as well.

Im all for it. SFIV is the best fighting game this gen, so im all for another one. Be it a "championship" edition or an all out new SF game.

Super Street Fighter IV - The New Challengers.....and then give us DeeJay Back ya jerks! :cmad:

Yeah, sequel probably means expansion in this case. That's not a bad thing, though. Capcom usually did a decent job in refining their re-releases with previous SF re-releases

i don't care about new additions so long as they work to rebalance the current roster of players.

I hope it comes out as DLC instead of having to buy the game all over again. And while we're at it make HD remixes of Street Fighter and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

i'm pretty sure it will not bad a dlc.

do you know how hard it would be to make it a dlc if you add moves/rebalance players and add up to 10 new characters?

pretty sure it'll be a new game entirely, hopefully at a cheaper price though?

i'm pretty sure it will not bad a dlc.

do you know how hard it would be to make it a dlc if you add moves/rebalance players and add up to 10 new characters?

pretty sure it'll be a new game entirely, hopefully at a cheaper price though?
and what would be the difference between this and Street Fighter 3 and SF3: Double Impact and Third Strike which added 3 and 5 characters to the roster respectively? A DLC update patch to turn this game into Street Fighter IV: Subtitle is very plausible and I dont think its out of the realm of possibilities

and what would be the difference between this and Street Fighter 3 and SF3: Double Impact and Third Strike which added 3 and 5 characters to the roster respectively? A DLC update patch to turn this game into Street Fighter IV: Subtitle is very plausible and I dont think its out of the realm of possibilities

was all that was added new characters in those games?

i'm expecting the new sfiv to have new interface, new characters, new ultra/supers, new moves or the same moves with different properties, etc. to balance out gameplay.

if all being added was new characters, a dlc would make sense. but then in that case, i wouldn't be interested in simply new characters.

Most Street Fighter upgrades are usually a new character or two and some tweaks and maybe a new mode.

I'm not expecting anything much different than that.

I just know that I want DeeJay and maybe one more alpha character to be pulled over.

i'm expecting the new sfiv to have new interface, new characters, new ultra/supers, new moves or the same moves with different properties, etc. to balance out gameplay.

if all being added was new characters, a dlc would make sense. but then in that case, i wouldn't be interested in simply new characters.

In all an updated Street Fighter IV would equate to an expansion pack which can be done over PSN and most likely XBL.

eventhubs.com said:
The rumors for the Street Fighter 4 upgrade have been picking up steam with the Tokyo Game Show currently taking place.

The game is now being called 'Super Street Fighter 4' in most circles. Here's a bulleted rundown of the stuff that's being rumored. Get your salt shaker out and keep a steady supply coming — because the list you read below is confirmed in no way, shape or form.

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:
o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
o It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
o Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
o All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
* Some characters will have Air Ultras.
* The Bonus Stages will be returning.
* Arcade location tests will start this weekend in Japan. This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
* An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.
* Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
* Ibuki has a run command.
* Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
* Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
* Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
* Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
* Guy has his Chain combos.
* Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
* Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
* The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
* Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
* T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
* Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
* There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
* The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

everyone getting a new ultra, new balances, new story, new characters...if the rumors are true the game is looking awesome.

Is Guy gonna be in this? If he is, then its AWESOME!!! :awesome:

The rumours sound great. I hope atleast some of it will make it in the actual game.

Yes all those characters were added

everyone getting a new ultra, new balances, new story, new characters...if the rumors are true the game is looking awesome.

Wow, that is a lot of stuff for just a single re-release. Glad to see some Third Strike characters in there. Makoto was awesome if played right in SFIII. Good news

If this is true, awesome! Guy in SFVI, woohoo!!

Do you guys think they would sell this as an update on XBL/PSN or would it only be a re-release in stores?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for DLC, because I don't want to buy the same game again, even if it has lots of extras.

Or maybe it'll be both. Like it was done with MUA. The new characters were DLC and later they released a Gold Edition with all downloadable characters included.

I'm impartial, I doubt there would be a huge differences in cost one way or the other. I'm sure they'll probably either do both, or if they release it purely as DLC they will release a package with the DLC on the disc, like what was done with Fallout and others

Last edited:
Fortunately I never bought it the first time, and if this is true I'm glad I waited. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"