Street Fighter IV sequel?

I'd be all for Burnout Paradise-type DLC, where it can rework the main menu and stuff to make it feel like a Street Fight 4.5 thing or something.

But, they'd probably just as easily make money with a disc game too.

this is Capcom, so they wil most likely go with the option which involves having the gamer spend the most money. I can see them only releasing this as a disc based game at full price

I doubt it'll be full priced, probably around the $29.99-39.99 range

if they have a collectors edition of the new one...ill buy that too. i love these darn games!! the new TE sticks look amazing too. cant decide between the new one of those...or the mvc2 one.

I hope it's not that expensive, since it's basically an expansion I hope they'll do more around the range I mentioned earlier.

New Street Fighter IV Info "Maybe Monday"
By Owen Good, 1:00 PM on Sun Sep 27 2009

Street Fighter fans are on tenterhooks, convinced these pics show fragments of a Super Street Fighter IV screen and logo. One hit up Capcom's Twitter to ask if any news was coming this weekend. The reply: "no. but mebbe monday."

Stoking the fire is that pic above from GamePro Germany. It's captioned as "Yoshinori Ono with some other guy, but if you look a little closer in the background, you can see T. Hawk in his Street Fighter 4 form." Then, if you look down by Some Other Guy's leg, you see a piece of the Street FIghter logo superimposed over a giant "S." Fans take that to mean it's the Super Street Fighter IV logo, and thus something is gonna be announced very soon.

Remember, the Japanese official Street Fighter IV blog has said for a couple weeks now that news was on the way, which some figured was news of a sequel or other iteration.

I've emailed Seth Killian to ask if mebbe he can shed more light on it. I'm not sure I'll get a reply, as he's likely either still in Japan or flying back. But if we hear anything more it will be updated here. Mebbe.

Source

New Street Fighter IV Info "Maybe Monday"
By Owen Good, 1:00 PM on Sun Sep 27 2009

I can't say anything in reguards to the street fighter poster. But i'm about 95% certain that the game in the background is Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD.

Isnt that an Ultra meter tho? Or was that also in SF2THD?

Isnt that an Ultra meter tho? Or was that also in SF2THD?

hrm. You're right. That is the street fighter IV interface.
it would be nice if we got thawk, and dee jay in a dlc. i'd rather not have to buy another version of the game.

hrm. You're right. That is the street fighter IV interface.
it would be nice if we got thawk, and dee jay in a dlc. i'd rather not have to buy another version of the game.

i posted the rumored changes on page 1; i for one am glad they are making more changes than just a larger roster.

Can't believe I'm just reading this for the first time, very awesome news!

As a side note, I bet it will be a disk based release. Poor comparison, but when Raw vs Smackdown 2009 released new characters ppl who didn't buy them had to go to the PS Store and DL a patch or the match wouldn't go thru when playing online. I don't see a SF4 expansion DLC with new supers, combo's, balancing, ultra's, and new characters playing well with an unpatched version of SF4. I think it'll be packaged as a new game like Capcom has always done (Street Fighter 2 - Super Street Fighter 2, all 3 Alphas, all 3 Street Fighter 3's, ect.)

I'm like you guys in that I'd rather see it as DLC with a cheaper price point, but I don't think Capcom will do that when there's an easier and more profitable path.

I never bought SFIV, so if they are releasing a Super version of it with new characters, I'm all for it. Hopefully not for the full price though.

I can't wait for the first screenshots of the new characters. They are going to look badass.

I thought this was taking place before Street Fighter III?

Then how the hell are numerous characters from III going to be in this one's story?

Considering the story makes not a lick of sense, I'm guessing it don't matter.

Screw the story, I hope we'll some day get another game like SFA3, with every SF character that existed at the time.

I'm one who still loves the Alpha games and STA3 is probably to this day my favorite Street Fighter.

I have it for my PSP. Such a great game. :up:

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike is still my favorite fighter. I like 4 a lot, but 3 just feels much more natural to play. The controls stop on a dime, and when I switch to 4 it feels less responsive. Not that 4 is bad, but the dodging, stepping in to poke and stepping back out, everything on 3 just feels so damn good. Plus I like most of the new characters....tho if Guile was in it I'd be a lot happier. Which brings me to another thing I liked, Ryu. In 3 he just had a much better feel to him, in 4 I switched back to Guile, but in 3 Ryu was awesome IMO and I didn't mind maining with him.

Are These Super Street Fighter IV Screens?
By Mike Fahey, 9:40 AM on Mon Sep 28 2009

A French gaming website claims to have the first screenshots of Super Street Fighter IV, the update to the latest game in Capcom's fighting franchise. Is this our first glimpse of T. Hawk and Juri?

Capcom has hinted at news regarding an update to Street Fighter IV sometime this week, with a Japanese teaser suggesting new warriors were entering the ring. Now French website JV247.com claims to have received these images from an anonymous source, depicting T. Hawk from Super Street Fighter II and a character named Juri, who I initially thought to be a version of Street Fighter Alpha's Juli, but yeah, that looks nothing like her.

The screens certainly seem legitimate, and the two characters jibe with rumors that have been swirling about the internets since last week. Of course rumors are rumors. We contacted Capcom for comment on these screens, and have yet to hear back.

Hit up the link for more pictures of Juri and T. Hawk sporting Street Fighter IV makeovers.

Super Street Fighter IV en préparation [JV247.com]

Source

Last edited:
Wonder if she's related to Juni or Juli?

They were both pretty fun to play in Alpha 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"