Namco meets Capcom... again

looks cool, but i'm not keen on two different versions of the game, i hate **** like that

Why? You're not forced to buy both. They make it specifically for the fans. So they can choose whether they want to have Street Fighter or Tekken style gameplay.

Why? You're not forced to buy both. They make it specifically for the fans. So they can choose whether they want to have Street Fighter or Tekken style gameplay.

I've never been much of a Tekken guy, but I feel I could get behind the Tekken version if certain characters are in. I wished Soul Calibur was involved. It's characters are awesome, and I don't feel as restrained as by Tekken. Oh well, need to see more before I get excited.

No of course not. But you know they will do something stupid that makes you get both be it unlockables or characters.

You can always just rent the other game if that's the case.

I think I'll probably get Namco's version of the game. I always preferred the Tekken fighting system over any other.

this sounds pretty cool. not sure if ill be buying it just yet, but im definitely interested. makes me wonder though, how is it gonna feel like trying to control Ryu (my main) on the Tekken engine? is it gonna be like P,P, ->,->, P,K,P for a fireball?:oldrazz:

More than likely, the throws may be part of a throw, or they may give the SF characters there own 10 hit combos, the last hit ending with a fireball

[posted this in other thread too]
cooool....loving these capcom crossovers..
lets see..
capcom vs dc
dc vs marvel
capcom versus snk sf4 style
capcom vs ninja turtles!!!

I've been really, really training with Ryu in SSF4 because I want to have him mastered by the time this comes out.

I wonder what the rosters will be like. SSFIV had 35 characters. Will they throw in all 35 characters and match it with an equal amount of Tekken characters or will they opt for a smaller amount of Tekken characters in this and as a result cut some SF characters to make it even. I wonder if they will only have those from SSFIV in this or if any other SF characters not seen in that could make it in. Ditto for Tekken x SF. I beleive Tekken 6 had over 40 characters. I know the games are at least 2 years off, but I cant imagine everyone showing up for the simple reason that its going to be quite a challenge balancing the titles considering the fighting mechanics are so vastly different. Plus alot of the characters dont look like they'd easily translate into the engine of the other game. Maybe 25 vs 25 seems optimistic?

All I know is I want to see King vs Zangief/Alex/Abel :awesome::awesome::awesome:

I hope any SF and Tekken character has a chance to get in. I really wouldn't mind to see some SFIII or other Alpha characters.

I hope any SF and Tekken character has a chance to get in. I really wouldn't mind to see some SFIII or other Alpha characters.
same here but I think they may take the easy route for the respective games. Only SSFIV characters in Capcom's game and only Tekken 6 characters in Namco's game bc half the work is already done for them and they can focus on the other company's characters. I think when Namco makes their game, they can take any SF character bc they are starting from scratch and vice versa. It'll probably a long while till we hear anything on this though

Well, they are already working on Tekken characters with the SFIV engine, wouldn't hurt to add 1 or 2 SF characters that weren't in the last two games. We already got most Alpha characters anyway. At least 1 SF3 representative would be nice.

I think when Namco makes their game, they can take any SF character bc they are starting from scratch and vice versa.

I was thinking about that, do you think both games will be exactly the same, only changing in playstyle, or could one game have characters that the other game doesn't have? Will they keep it interesting and have both games with different plots? I'm looking forward to finding that out.

Well, they are already working on Tekken characters with the SFIV engine, wouldn't hurt to add 1 or 2 SF characters that weren't in the last two games. We already got most Alpha characters anyway. At least 1 SF3 representative would be nice.
SSFIV added several SF3 characters in it. I guess timing will tell what they do. I do think some will get cut, but if they do that, would they add anyone new? Dont know. Personally I was very satisfied with the SSFIV roster. There arent any characters out there in the SF that I need to see in this new game bc they pretty much covered all the characters I can for, or at least have a worthy substitution (ex. Guile for Charlie)

I was thinking about that, do you think both games will be exactly the same, only changing in playstyle, or could one game have characters that the other game doesn't have? Will they keep it interesting and have both games with different plots? I'm looking forward to finding that out.
nah I dont think they will be exactly the same. I expect different rosters and definetely different plots. I know some people off the bat dont see a reason why 2 games even exist, so I think Namco and Capcom will both try to make their games different enough to justify why they do. Namco especially since theirs will come out after. They will need to give people a reason to purchase their title after already owning Capcom's. It cant simply be the same game with a new skin, so to speak

Tekken And Street Fighter Creators Face Off At GamesCom

Street Fighter series producer Yoshinoro Ono and Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada are due for a rematch, and they'll get their chance during a TEKKEN X Street Fighter tournament at GamesCom. The trash talk is already flying.

Capcom's reveal of Street Fighter X Tekken at Comic-Con might have stolen the show, but it was Tekken's Katsuhiro Harada who triumphed over Street Fighter's Yoshinoro Ono in the first public Street Fighter X Tekken match.

The rivalry continues later this month at GamesCom, where Namco Bandai will be revealing their end of the bargain, Tekken X Street fighter, featuring classic Tekken 3D gameplay with Street Fighter characters added to the mix.

The pair will face off on stage on Thursday, August 19. Once the creators settle their differences, players will be invited on stage to compete against each other, with everyone attending walking away with Tekken X Street Fighter goodies.

And yes, the two creators have already begun taking pot-shots at one another.

"Our gathering of Street Fighter fans at the special occasion of ComiCon in San Diego was marred when Harada pathetically attempted to bribe everyone present with free copies of his games." said Yoshinori Ono, Street Fighter Series Producer, Capcom. "Capcom, however, is an honorable company. We don't just crash other companies' events. So I've properly notified in advance that I will participate in the TEKKEN fan event planned for GamesCom. Since it is by invitation of the TEKKEN team, I expect Harada to have various underhanded surprises planned. Knowing this, I still plan to participate in the event while overcoming any obstacles he may have planned so that I can show them what a real fighting game is all about. I'll also take with me the shaving oil I received from Hakan and the shaving razor from Vega so that I can erase that overgrown beard of Harada's, exposing that baby face to go with his childish actions. It should turn out to be a great party!"

Ouch. Then Harada takes things even further.

"After releasing Street Fighter III: Third Strike in 1999, Ono disappeared from the fighting game scene. Even though there were many requests for a sequel from fighting game fans, and even veteran fighting game developers like myself, Ono, Ryu, Chun Li, and crew failed to show their faces for 10 years". said Katsuhiro Harada, TEKKEN Series Director at Namco Bandai Games Inc. "When they do finally show after a blank of 10 years, they don't even bother to say a few words to the Mishima Zaibatsu, who helped maintain the fighting game scene for the 10 years they were gone. Not only that, they flee Japan to have their little gathering of fanboys at ComiCon in San Diego. So I made a sudden appearance at their little event, handed out a few free games to gain favor, and delivered a challenge to Ono. Unfortunately, we weren't able to settle things at ComiCon but I'll face him again this time in Europe – at Cologne! Blows are exchanged in place of civilities – that's how it's done at the Mishima Zaibatsu. "

Find out how the rivalry plays out two weeks from now, when Kotaku visits Germany for GamesCom 2010.

Kotaku

I really wish Mortal Kombat was also in this mix. Could you imagine a 3rd version of the game made by the MK team? Instead of "Ultras" or "KOs" they would of course have Fatalities!

I loved the interview where Ono said something along the lines that they:

" • Development on the two sides is being handled completely separate. They will not be sharing information between the teams. Capcom will be doing their own designs for the Namco characters, and Namco will handle designs for the Capcom fighters. They're also working separately on the gameplay for both titles.

• Both sides are looking at these games as a competition and not a collaboration, as they want to challenge each other in all areas, from sales to game play."

That's awesome to hear! I don't want 2 complimentary games. I want a Street Fighter game vs. a Tekken game, quite literally. I want competition and rivalry between the companies.

Again, if only Mortal Kombat could get in on this fun. That would be the biggest pure fighting game in history..:(

Great find. Who are those character models in the bottom left corner of the first shot?

The girl in the white top is definitely Juri, the red guy is Hakan. The person in blue? Don't know, Chun-Li?

Haha, Cowboy Bebop DVD collection in the top right FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"