NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he due more than that just staying in Boston? He must've hated it there.
He was due 34.2M, so maybe. It also might have been how injury-riddled ( and even pedestrian, at times) he's been basically since signing that deal and figuring to get while the getting's good on another deal before his value further lessens.

He was due 34.2M, so maybe. It also might have been how injury-riddled ( and even pedestrian, at times) he's been basically since signing that deal and figuring to get while the getting's good on another deal before his value furthers lessens.
Yeah. That's possible. He just opted out of his final year so maybe Boston wasn't willing to talk extension.

Yo! The writing was on the wall. That sigh at 5 seconds in. :lmao:

Lakers sign KCP. 3 years at 40M. Bogs signs with Atlanta. 4 Years at 72M and the Kings can match. There was talk of a sign and trade between the Kings and Lakers. Frankly, I like KCP a little better because he plays better defense. Bogs has the edge offensively and is more consistent. I hope the Lakers aren't thinking of packaging KCP. I think they are fine in the backcourt, but thin at center. Maybe they can keep Morris and rumor has Gasol being interested. IF that can happen, I think they're set. Maybe they can get more than a burger and fries for Kuzma. LOL. With Davis and Bron on the court, they're going to get a lot of open looks from 3. They could use a spot up shooter.

Update
Lakers trying to free up some room by trading McGee. That still would leave them thin at the 5. You're one injury away from being in deep trouble. Kuzma's cap hit is about 600K less than McGee's.

It occurs to me that if these McGee/Knicks talks are progressing, Gasol is a lock to sign if the Lakers free up space. They can't trade McGee and then whiff on Gasol. I'm no cap expert, but I'd rather they dump Kuzma. They can use 2 legit centers. Really bad move to lose Howard. I don't see how signing him for the vet minimum would put them in worse shape than they are now.

Update +
It's done. I knew it. McGee to Cavs and Gasol to Lakers. Nice upgrade for LA. They'll try to get Morris, but I suspect he might go to Clips unless Raptors want to overpay. I'd be looking for Boogie at this point if I'm the Lakers front office. They did a really nice job.

Last edited:
Knicks signed Austin Rivers 3 years 10 million total. I actually like this signing. He can start in a pinch and a solid bench piece. He also fits with RJ.

They also signed Nerlens Noel for one year at 5M and honestly I forgot he was even in the league

With off-season now, my local Rakuten NBA Japan program here has running out of contents for the last few weeks. haha.

But its interesting to learn many players change teams.

Golden State is my favorite team to root and I am ready for their resurection next season, but it seems unlikely now. Big prayer to Klay Thompson.
Hope they can get Giannis.

A little off topic here, but still on NBA subject related.

Just want to share this from a local show here in Japan of the most kawaii and cutest NBA fan in the world, Miho-chan (right one in my avatar) from idol group, Hinatazaka 46. She is a big basketball and NBA fan, too (she is a James Harden fan).
Her prounouncing Luka Doncic name here (because Doncic is pronounced "ドンチッチ/ Don Ci-cci" in Japanese , how she says it is veryyy cuteeee❤)

Last edited:
People still listen to Skippy? :lmao:

People still listen to Skippy? :lmao:

I run across his comments every now and then. They all seem pretty stupid. Anyone who thinks Bron or AD aren't hard nosed players are, well, Skip Bayless.

Maybe he has a job BECAUSE he says stupid S***. That's the only thing I can come up with.

OK. Everyone knows I'm a Laker homer. Word has them talking to Spurs about trading Kuzma for Derrick White and a 2nd round pick. If the Spurs are stupid enough to do that (White has 1 year left on his contract), the Lakers should be all over this deal. The only issue I see is that White was hurt and I don't know the extent of the injury, but this is a guy who shoots, plays the point and works on D. This guy is more than a burger and fries. Right @Doc Samson ?

OK. Everyone knows I'm a Laker homer. Word has them talking to Spurs about trading Kuzma for Derrick White and a 2nd round pick. If the Spurs are stupid enough to do that (White has 1 year left on his contract), the Lakers should be all over this deal. The only issue I see is that White was hurt and I don't know the extent of the injury, but this is a guy who shoots, plays the point and works on D. This guy is more than a burger and fries. Right @Doc Samson ?

With the drafting of Vassell. They probably won't resign White. Even if Kuzma is an Instagram model part-timing as an NBA player, I still see this as a win-win trade for both sides.

With the drafting of Vassell. They probably won't resign White. Even if Kuzma is an Instagram model part-timing as an NBA player, I still see this as a win-win trade for both sides.
Laker homer hadn't thought about Vassell. Big upgrade for SA. Kuzma has a likely upside and it's prolly a good trade for them too.

Deck chairs. Titanic.

The Knicks haven't panicked and done anything especially stupid. Which I look at with some relief.

Must've woken up in a parallel universe. Since when has John Wall been "basically" Westbrook?? Been hearing that garbage all day. Seriously?!

One guy is a former MVP, 2x scoring champion, 2x assist leader & a 9 time All-Star. In a "down year" he posted 27-7-8 playing with Harden of all people, who's gonna jack more than he ever dreamed of. And the other guy has done...what exactly?

I can't say this anymore, but the Westbrook stuff veers into complete insanity sometimes. Harden again escapes any accountability for another failed marriage that didn't work, partially because of his own play.

But Russ? Oh, he's the worst, anything wrong with any team he's been on is completely his fault and his alone. It's ridiculous, disrespectful and disingenuous. I really, STILL, don't get it with this guy. He plays at 1 speed, that's who he is, and it's problematic at times. But damn, he's not better than John Wall now? FFS...

Last edited:
Must've woken up in a parallel universe. Since when has John Wall been "basically" Westbrook?? Been hearing that garbage all day. Seriously?!

One guy is a former MVP, 2x scoring champion, 2x assist leader & a 9 time All-Star. In a "down year" he posted 27-7-8 playing with Harden of all people, who's gonna jack more than he ever dreamed of. And the other guy has done...what exactly?

I can't say this anymore, but the Westbrook stuff veers into complete insanity sometimes. Harden again escapes any accountability for another failed marriage that didn't work, partially because of his own play.

But Russ? Oh, he's the worst, anything wrong with any team he's been on is completely his fault and his alone. It's ridiculous, disrespectful and disingenuous. I really, STILL, don't get it with this guy. He plays at 1 speed, that's who he is, and it's problematic at times. But damn, he's not better than John Wall now? FFS...

I like Russ. He went to the same HS I did and he's a good guy. I don't see him being the best player on a team that wins the finals. I know it sounds crazy for a guy who can average a triple double, I love that he plays at one speed (7th gear), but he doesn't really adapt his game from situation to situation.

I think this is an okay trade for Houston IF Wall can stay healthy. They get a pick and weren't going anywhere with Russ and Harden. It doesn't take a genius to figure out those two shouldn't be in the same backcourt.

if i had to pick between Wall and Westbrook to run point on my team and both were 100% healthy, i'd pick Wall.

Westbrook is super athletic, plays at one speed like yall said, but he also jacks up a lot of shots he shouldn't, forces things to get more turnovers than I'd like. If Russ was a little taller, I'd take both and slide him over to the 2 and let him be a slasher similar to Derozan and the like.

When Russell is on though, he is ON! but when he's not, he stays that way for a while. if he would learn to adapt better like InCali said, he and his team around him would be better.

Wall is always a risk though because of how injury-prone he is. I feel like he's going to be one of those Grant Hill/Brandon Roy/Oden/ McGrady types who was never completely healthy enough to where we could see all the potential.

way too early playoff predictions:

West:
1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Blazers
4. Jazz
5. Clippers
6. Mavericks
7. Warriors
8. Suns

East:
1. Bucks
2. Nets
3. Raptors
4. Heat
5. 76ers
6. Celtics
7. Hawks
8. Wizards

way too early playoff predictions:

West:
1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Blazers
4. Jazz
5. Clippers
6. Mavericks
7. Warriors
8. Suns

East:
1. Bucks
2. Nets
3. Raptors
4. Heat
5. 76ers
6. Celtics
7. Hawks
8. Wizards

Interesting. Why do you have the Clippers that low? You think they'll Clipper out on us again? The only way I see them out of the top 2 or 3 is if Leonard starts a downhill slide because of injuries or hasn't really, and won't, recover. George was a big disappointment. I've said it before, but the Lakers dodged a bullet in the Kawhi-stakes last year and the Clips were talking trash WAY too early.

Interesting. Why do you have the Clippers that low? You think they'll Clipper out on us again? The only way I see them out of the top 2 or 3 is if Leonard starts a downhill slide because of injuries or hasn't really, and won't, recover. George was a big disappointment. I've said it before, but the Lakers dodged a bullet in the Kawhi-stakes last year and the Clips were talking trash WAY too early.
The talent is there but the 4 teams above the Clippers have better team chemistry and leadership

The talent is there but the 4 teams above the Clippers have better team chemistry and leadership

Prolly true. Let's see how things flow with Lue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"