NBA Thread 2018/2019: That’s a Rap

Even though they missed on Leonard, the Lakers seem to be bouncing back.

Last edited:
Sounds like there's a distinct possibility that Westbrook could be out of OKC before the season starts.

Once again:

The upcoming NBA Season > the upcoming NFL Season

The 2019-2020 NBA Season will be fun and unpredictable. The 2019-2020 NFL Season will end with Tom Brady's 7th Super Bowl.

I don't really follow the NBA that closely. Can someone explain to me why Kevin Durant is so disliked?
Things that come to mind:

1. He moved to a record setting 73-win team which Oklahoma was supposed to beat in the playoffs 3-1, but committed the biggest chokejob in basketball history. That team also won the championship the previous year.
2. He says it was the "hardest road to a championship" from Oklahoma to Golden State. BS.
3. He ripped Oklahoma after his move to Golden State blaming them for failing to deliver a championship, mistakenly using his official account instead of private accounts. Ungrateful diva.
4. The media used to prop him up as "humble" during Lebron's Miami days, when he is anything but.
5. His personality is so fake you can really tell.

I don't really follow the NBA that closely. Can someone explain to me why Kevin Durant is so disliked?

The situation reminds me of Lebron's "The Decision" that rubbed so many people the wrong way. I thought it was a minor gaffe for which ESPN and the information age were mostly responsible. Yet some people thought it was so egregious that it overshadowed all of Lebron's accomplishments.

Durant is a soft-spoken, charitable guy by just about all accounts. Yet some people, mostly older fans, saw his move from OKC to GS as waving a white flag. I don't see it that way, but in 2016, that seemed to all that sports shows were talking about. Only time will tell if that will eventually fade a little like Lebron's South Beach annoucement has.

If the Lakers can all stay healthy when the playoffs come, they're going to be a very interesting team.

clippers perimeter defense will be phenomenal this year
Kawhi basically told the Lakers nah I want to compete not abuse the league for a free Titles
his Legend grows

While they've got some talented pieces still, they are definitely in a quasi-rebuilding mode. Wouldn't be surprised if Paul is gone sooner or later.

Not sure where he could possibly go, other than Washington for another bad contract swap.

The Rockets keep getting worse. :lmao:

Watching Harden and Westbrook is going to be all time hilarious. Harden though Paul was annoying... :hehe:

Lol. Harden hogged the ball enough that Houston's system is built so much around him. They had to add Westbrook and give even less possessions to the others. :confused:

Really this just comes down to how bad they both want to win. They are still friends, after all. It's also not 2011 anymore though, they're both former MVPs, with MVP size egos, but I'm going to be optimistic that they at least aren't worse. Russell Westbrook, if nothing else, is better than Chris Paul. That's not debatable, to hell with that....

Really this just comes down to how bad they both want to win. They are still friends, after all. It's also not 2011 anymore though, they're both former MVPs, with MVP size egos, but I'm going to be optimistic that they at least aren't worse. Russell Westbrook, if nothing else, is better than Chris Paul. That's not debatable, to hell with that....
Chris Paul can shoot. Westbrook can't.

Chris Paul can shoot. Westbrook can't.

But Chris is getting old. Some of that explosion is gone. I didn't see that much of Westbrook last year, but what I did see appeared to be a guy who is playing at an MVP level. He's not young either, but 4 years is huge in terms of the kind of athleticism it takes to play in the NBA.

Houston and OKC were supposed to take advantage of a now mortal Golden State Warriors team and finally go to the NBA Finals. But now that window has shut for both teams.

But Chris is getting old. Some of that explosion is gone. I didn't see that much of Westbrook last year, but what I did see appeared to be a guy who is playing at an MVP level. He's not young either, but 4 years is huge in terms of the kind of athleticism it takes to play in the NBA.
Both contracts are bad. Both are slowing physically. The big difference between Paul and Westbrook, is Paul has a lot more skill then Westbrook, who is mostly athleticism. His shooting was trash last season, even from the FT line. No reason to think that won't continue as he breaks down. The big difference is that Paul could win an argument with Harden. Westbrook will just ignore Harden.

I just think this is going to be hilarious. The Rockets weren't winning a title next season anyways. But this will be comedy gold imo.

Both contracts are bad. Both are slowing physically. The big difference between Paul and Westbrook, is Paul has a lot more skill then Westbrook, who is mostly athleticism. His shooting was trash last season, even from the FT line. No reason to think that won't continue as he breaks down. The big difference is that Paul could win an argument with Harden. Westbrook will just ignore Harden.

I just think this is going to be hilarious. The Rockets weren't winning a title next season anyways. But this will be comedy gold imo.

Houston wasn't going to win the title, but with now mortal Golden State Warriors not having Klay Thompson until April, this was their chance. OKC's too. Instead, it will be Denver, Utah, Portland, LA Clippers, LA Lakers and San Antonio all trying to get to the NBA Finals.

Houston and OKC were supposed to take advantage of a now mortal Golden State Warriors team and finally go to the NBA Finals. But now that window has shut for both teams.
Lakers and Clippers look like real contenders. Nevertheless, the West is STACKED.

Houston and Oklahoma City will probably battle for a lottery pick a year from now.

D_PJnfRU4AU5yjQ.jpg

Both contracts are bad. Both are slowing physically. The big difference between Paul and Westbrook, is Paul has a lot more skill then Westbrook, who is mostly athleticism. His shooting was trash last season, even from the FT line. No reason to think that won't continue as he breaks down.

Paul's abilities are already in decline. He still does numerous things to make his teammates better, but he's not the unstoppable force that he was in his salad days. At 34, he could, at any moment, hit that wall that makes former All-NBA stars into bench players.

Westbrook, for his occasional shooting woes, can still score in bunches and take over a game. That might only last a couple of more seasons, but even as a CP3 fan, I have to say that Russell is the more valuable player on just about any roster at this point. However, OKC is stockpiling draft picks, so I'm guessing that acquiring Paul was more of an afterthought for them since they're building for the future.

What a disaster the Paul George-Russell Westbrook experiment has been. Nothing but 1st round exits.

Paul's abilities are already in decline. He still does numerous things to make his teammates better, but he's not the unstoppable force that he was in his salad days. At 34, he could, at any moment, hit that wall that makes former All-NBA stars into bench players.

Westbrook, for his occasional shooting woes, can still score in bunches and take over a game. That might only last a couple of more seasons, but even as a CP3 fan, I have to say that Russell is the more valuable player on just about any roster at this point. However, OKC is stockpiling draft picks, so I'm guessing that acquiring Paul was more of an afterthought for them since they're building for the future.
Westbrook and Paul have both already hit the wall. The best thing about this is the Rockets are paying an extra 40m and sent all their draft picks for a guy who is not going to make them better.

Didn't particularly want Westbrook in Miami (though I do ride for him a little) and sure as hell don't want Paul in Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"