Official 2008-09 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee Carlos Boozer will leave Utah, and finally by some magical force play an entire season without getting injured. I also guarantee Jerry Sloan will not get Coach of the Year, even though he will most likely earn it, again.

I also guarantee Kevin Durant will win the scoring title next year.

I guarantee there will be at least one bloated, ridiculous contract paid out to a decent, but ultimately undeserving, player this offseason.

I also guarantee Kevin Durant will win the scoring title next year.

i could see that. i don't see how he's been so under the radar as he's been. this kid's ready for a huge blowout season. 2010 sounds good to me

Durant's gained about 10 pounds since the season ended. Well at least that's what he says on his Twitter account. He's gonna be a beast next season. Imagine if Portland had drafted him instead of Oden...

Durant's gained about 10 pounds since the season ended. Well at least that's what he says on his Twitter account. He's gonna be a beast next season. Imagine if Portland had drafted him instead of Oden...

oden's been a bust so far. when he does get minutes, he gets in foul trouble. he's got a lot of growth he needs to work on in the off season. A Lot. Portland needs to bring in a seasoned big man for him to learn from, even if it's not a rostered player. Find this kid a mentor.

and the thoughts of Durant and Roy playing off each other on the same team? would love to see that.

Pryzbilla is going to become a much better player than Oden ever will.

Delfino back with the Raps...Good move, gives depth and he'll surley get more playinng time to show what he gots with the J-Kap deal...

oden's been a bust so far. when he does get minutes, he gets in foul trouble. he's got a lot of growth he needs to work on in the off season. A Lot. Portland needs to bring in a seasoned big man for him to learn from, even if it's not a rostered player. Find this kid a mentor.

and the thoughts of Durant and Roy playing off each other on the same team? would love to see that.

Portland would have given LA a run for their money with Durant. I see Oden lasting another 5 or so years and fading into obscurity. His knees are gonna come back and haunt him big time.

Portland has bad luck with Drafting the biggies. I don't know why they even try.

Final NBA Playoff Pool Standings:
1. Nightmare - 131 Points (Winner!)(Won Tiebreaker between Raiden)
2. Raiden - 130 Points
3. Silver Knight - 124 Points
4. L.A - 118 Points
5. NewYorkSpider - 116 Points
6. Mister J - 114 Points
7. Bond - 110 Points
8. Go Web Go! - 96 Points
9. Ghostvirus - 84 Points

This is the first time in my life, ive ever won anything!!!!

Congrats to Nightmare!

Thank you sir, i was only 1 point better.

haters....

el1oo2.jpg

That picture... It's so beautiful..

I guarantee there will be at least one bloated, ridiculous contract paid out to a decent, but ultimately undeserving, player this offseason.

Trevor. Ariza.

And you guys can say he played his ass off in the playoffs, but guys ALWAYS do that in contract years. This time next year he will average 10 and 3. GUARANTEE IT!

Oh! And guaranee the Knicks make the playoffs as long as they keep the Robinson-Chandler-Lee nucleus together. :up:

I think Dwight Howard was the last successful big drafted in the NBA and that was in 2004.

i hope he works on his free throw % and trying to develop a lil mid range/hook shot to develop his game some more. if he can get his free throw % up over 70-75 percent, then he will be even that harder to defend. they won't be able to "hack a howard" if he can make it from the stripe

Trevor. Ariza.

And you guys can say he played his ass off in the playoffs, but guys ALWAYS do that in contract years. This time next year he will average 10 and 3. GUARANTEE IT!

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I think he'll be a big-time flop if he leaves LA, but he'll keep his numbers steady if he continues to be surround by Pau and Kobe.

Kobe will be on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien tomorrow night.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I think he'll be a big-time flop if he leaves LA, but he'll keep his numbers steady if he continues to be surround by Pau and Kobe.

i agree. i don't see him really doing big things anywhere else but LA.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

You agree with me!! :cmad: Now I have to change my post!!

Ok......Carlos Boozer won't leave Utah becuase no team will really show interest in him becuase he won't get the money he THINKS he deserves......but IF he leaves Utah, he will be traded. You agree? Please say no..............:csad:

Ok......Carlos Boozer won't leave Utah becuase no team will really show interest in him becuase he won't get the money he THINKS he deserves......but IF he leaves Utah, he will be traded. You agree? Please say no..............:csad:

i don't think Boozer will make what he thinks he's worth. I don't think he's this big time player, but that's just my opinion. He flew under the radar a couple of seasons, had an all star worthy season or two, and now he wants big bucks. he's consistent at best, and i don't hate him, but i don't see anyone giving him the kinda money he'll probably demand. he's got a good thing going on in utah, he should stay put imo

Why is it bad if we agree? Are we mortal enemies? :(

Oh yeah! You made a Knicks comments months ago and I will never forgive or forget! It's on!!! :cmad:

Then so be it!

And for your information, I also think Boozer will stay put in Utah. He wants to play for the Heat, but unless he's taking a major paycut, Riles ain't havin' nunna that! :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"