• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Netflix presents Sonic Prime (2022)

The Big G

A Filthy Ningen
Reaction score
ab480d3a64e8a0e4b7b239fd59d1c41abcf10ece.jpg

• Netflix, SEGA of America, Inc. (“SEGA”), and WildBrain announce a new animated Sonic the Hedgehog series, Sonic Prime, set to premiere worldwide in 2022.
  • The 24-episode animated adventure for kids, families, and long-time fans draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands. Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption.
  • The series will be animated at WildBrain’s Vancouver studio, and SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment, creators of Ben 10 and the characters and team in the Academy Award-winning feature Big Hero 6, have been brought on as showrunners and Executive Producers for the series.

I hope it doesn't have that choppy framerate looking animation style.

First look at the series. Strangely, the voice here is Devan Mack and he sounds fine, but he sounds so similar to Roger Craig Smith that I wonder why they didn't just use Roger to begin with. Kind of like how Travis Willingham when he started off as Knuckles sounded so similar to Dan Green.

First look at the series. Strangely, the voice here is Devan Mack and he sounds fine, but he sounds so similar to Roger Craig Smith that I wonder why they didn't just use Roger to begin with. Kind of like how Travis Willingham when he started off as Knuckles sounded so similar to Dan Green.

Since the show is being produced in Canada they're going with Canadian VAs. Canada has some weird VA laws that basically prohibit foreign VAs from being cast in canadian productions. Or something to that extent.

Here's the rest of the cast
  • Ashleigh Ball
  • Shannon Chan-Kent
  • Brian Drummond
  • Vincent Tong
  • Ian Hanlin
  • Kazumi Evans
  • Adam Narada

Man i hope they got Brian for Shadow. #Shadgeta

Though Brian did voice Knuckles back in Sonic Underground.......

Probably cheaper.

Since the show is being produced in Canada they're going with Canadian VAs. Canada has some weird VA laws that basically prohibit foreign VAs from being cast in canadian productions. Or something to that extent.

Here's the rest of the cast
  • Ashleigh Ball
  • Shannon Chan-Kent
  • Brian Drummond
  • Vincent Tong
  • Ian Hanlin
  • Kazumi Evans
  • Adam Narada

Man i hope they got Brian for Shadow. #Shadgeta

Though Brian did voice Knuckles back in Sonic Underground.......

It's also probably cheaper for Netflix ;)

Looks OK. I will give it a shot at least. At least it looks like Sonic the Hedgehog.

So SEGA & Netflix did a especial promotion and are playing the first episode on Robolox in the Sonic Speed Simulator

But its also all over the net.

Good solid first episode. New voices need some getting used too but Devon as Sonic is good. Also Rouge finally sounds on point.

FjpGd4gXEAA0nEC

I enjoyed the episodes. a solid setup.

Yeah, for a kids show, it was pretty great. It wasn't too kiddish where adults won't be able to enjoy it to some extent. I'm ready for the real gang to go on missions though, not all the alternate versions lol. Great animation (although I would have preferred what we got in the Sonic Frontiers Prologue short film) fight scenes were well choreographed, voice acting was solid, and story was enjoyable enough. Hopefully it continues to get better, and maybe mature a bit as time passes. Good start though!

Seems like a good time to be a Sonic fan. With the live action movies, the new Sonic Frontiers game, and now Sonic Prime! As well as the IDW comics by Ian Flynn.

Wish it was longer. Felt like we waited a long time for 8 short episodes.

Fun show.

This was pretty much everything I've ever wanted out of a Sonic show. Solid animation and voice acting and a lot of fun from beginning to end and filled with a tone of fun references/easter eggs.

Hopefully, it doesn't take too long for Season 2 to come out.

Is it the Sonic Multiverse show I wanted? No

I think the show has been fine, and I thought S2 (PTII) ended on a nice little twist. But im ready to move on from Sonic Prime. The animated shorts that SEGA has been using for the most recent game promotions have been top tier and I think it would be nice to see a traditionally 2D animated Sonic show again. Also Im excited for the Knuckles show coming out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"