‘God of War’ TV Series - Amazon Prime

The guy playing Reacher could have been good as a younger Kratos.

alan-ritchson-1643726266.jpg

Thing is if you're casting Kratos, you have to cast Kratos for someone who can span most of his story and not just God of War PS4.

I’ve only seen him in Creed 2 but Florian Munteanu could (physically) pull off the role and he’s a good age for it. I have to see more of him to know how good of an actor he is though.

74-F6-DD02-8-CF4-42-CA-BB8-A-0-DC8-D13-DA42-D.jpg

so what will an episode of this look like? Cutting through enemies for 50min?

Nice to see The Expanse's show runners getting some more high profile work. Didn't know they also co-wrote Iron Man 1 (no idea how much of their work was actually used, though).

Damn there goes my PlayStation cinematic universe. :o

God of War TV Series Officially Ordered by Amazon Prime Video

Announced via a new press release, Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television revealed that the TV adaptation of God of War is officially happening. The series is set to be helmed by Rafe Judkins (The Wheel of Time) while Mark Fergus (Iron Man) and Hawk Ostby (The Expanse) will write and produce the show. Additionally, God of War video game director Cory Barlog will also serve as an executive producer. Amazon also made it clear that the show will directly adapt the 2018 God of War game, which picks up long after the journeys of Kratos in the Greek realm.

"The series follows Kratos, the God of War, who, after exiling himself from his blood-soaked past in ancient Greece, hangs up his weapons forever in the Norse realm of Midgard," says the press release's description of the TV series. "When his beloved wife dies, Kratos sets off on a dangerous journey with his estranged son to spread her ashes from the highest peak—his wife's final wish. Kratos soon realizes the journey is an epic quest in disguise, one which will test the bonds between father and son, and force Kratos to battle new Gods and monsters for the fate of the world."

So it will be set in the Norse realm and not Greece. Makes sense since while the PS2/PS3 GOW games were praised, the 2018 game was when it started to gain serious acclaim. Plus it's easier to root for Norse era Kratos than Greek era Kratos as a protagonist.

I'm just hoping this is way more impressive than Rings of Power in terms of story.

Hmm, was hoping for Greece first and then Norse later, but don't mind the other way round.

Hmm, was hoping for Greece first and then Norse later, but don't mind the other way round.
Yeah me too but they might still do flashbacks to Kratos Greek era.

Why stop at flashbacks? Maybe a whole prequel spinoff show based on the Greek era is in their gameplan.

They likely aren't starting with Greece because Kratos is basically an amoral a-hole who only cares about himself and his own absolution. He blatantly kills innocent people and anyone who stands in the way of his goal.

In the last two games Kratos is tempered and reformed. He's not bloodthirsty and he's repentant over what he has done. He tries to help others and he's basically defending the realms against Asgard's minions.

If they started with Greece, people would complain.

They likely aren't starting with Greece because Kratos is basically an amoral a-hole who only cares about himself and his own absolution. He blatantly kills innocent people and anyone who stands in the way of his goal.

In the last two games Kratos is tempered and reformed. He's not bloodthirsty and he's repentant over what he has done. He tries to help others and he's basically defending the realms against Asgard's minions.

That's true, but I feel like you need those earlier a**hole-y parts of the story to get the full impact of the Norse story. We've had plenty of "Gruff guy with a dark past finds purpose" stories, It'd be more interesting and show greater range from whatever actor they choose to actually see the dark past

That's true, but I feel like you need those earlier a**hole-y parts of the story to get the full impact of the Norse story. We've had plenty of "Gruff guy with a dark past finds purpose" stories, It'd be more interesting and show greater range from whatever actor they choose to actually see the dark past

I agree. I want to see Kratos make those big transitions and turning points, but Hollywood doesn't have that kind of patience and they don't want to glorify antihero Kratos.

Yeah but let’s be honest here. They want to continue to sell the new games so starting the series in Scandinavia makes the most sense. If people were introduced to GoW through the TV series and it featured Kratos in Greece, then they would be confused when they picked up the latest games only to find out they were set in Scandinavia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"