• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

New Ant-man & Wasp Mini Series

By opening the women's shelters he spends the whole preview talking about. That one's pretty easy. How the hell do you build "heaven"? :huh:

I skipped over that part. I just assumed he'd become the first ever transgender superhero.

First ever? I bet there's gotta be at least one in the past 50 years...

Oh, technically Earth/Universe/Paradise X's Thor was a transgender hero. Went from a dude to a chick.

Technically a stolen body, not his. And he's not a hero. But I'll allow it. :up:

I just wanted to jump in here, and without being spoilery...

I picked up this issue today. Mostly because I've begun digging Pym on AEMH and really wanted to read something besides Avengers Academy that focused on him for a change. I read it over lunch, and promptly fell totally in love with it. For me the only thing that sucks is that there're only two more issues and then it's over. Lots of exposition, but I didn't think that was a bad thing; it felt like I was getting a lot of bang for my buck(s).

And I hate to admit it, but Eric O'Grady is massively entertaining to read. He's a *****e, but I'm at least interested to see what choices he makes here...

Last edited:
I went into the comic store for the first time in years with a purpose. and that purpose was to buy Ant Man and Wasp #1.....it was the only comic I bought actually (Asside from a couple TPBs)

It was really great, I loved the art and I really liked the story, I'm eager to see where it goes from here.

Just read the issue. Pretty great. Even O'Grady was bearable because he seems to have dropped the "irredeemable" part somewhere along the way. He seems to want to be better but just can't manage to commit to it enough to get it right. The fact that Hank literally did "build Heaven" for Bill Foster was pretty awesome, too. I like that Hank saw a bit of himself in O'Grady at the end.

I like the mix of characters a lot, too--Monica Rappaccini, a Sleepwalker chick, etc. What did Sleepwalker Lass mean about having her mother's eyes, though? She mentioned bending materials to her will, and that kind of sounds like Sersi's transmutation to me. Is she supposed to be the daughter of Sleepwalker and Sersi or something?

I can't wait to get the first issue, two of my favorite characters in one book.

I also felt this was a great first issue. Looking forward to the rest of the series now. :up:

Ant-Man & Wasp #2 Preview

saw7jd.jpg

Kinda Ant-Manish related :o

''Ant-Man" Film Takes Little Steps

For some time now, comic book movie fans have been asking, where is Ant-Man? The incredible shrinking hero is noticeably missing from Joss Whedon's "Avengers" lineup and although director Edgar Wright announced four years ago that he was going to write and direct an "Ant-Man" adaptation for Marvel Studios, no word has come on the progress of that project for some time. But worry not, Wright gave fans a small amount of hope for the small hero's big screen debut.

In an interview with 24 Frames, Wright said that with the international tour for "Scott Pilgrim vs the World" now over, his scheduled has opened up and allowed him to go back to the "Ant-Man" script for the first time in two years. Wright originally wrote a first draft in 2008, but left it untouched while working on "Pilgrim" and is just now getting around to working on a second draft with "Adventures of Tintin" collaborator Joe Cornish.

The director also said that he recently had dinner with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige during which the two discussed the film.
Wright previously stated that he plans to approach the film with his usual offbeat manner, but plans to inject humor into "Ant-Man" without making it an outright comedy. He once again reaffirmed these plans, stating, "This one's not about the urgency of summer tentpoles and things going into production without a script. It's slightly different than that."
For now, plot details remain miniscule. But with Wright writing, expect "Ant-Man" continue to grow as time goes on.

If it's Hank, I hope Wright doesn't f*** it up. If it's anyone else, I look forward to what he does with it.

If it's Hank, I hope Wright doesn't f*** it up. If it's anyone else, I look forward to what he does with it.
Wright plans to use Hank Pym and Scott Lang. The reason why Pym isn't in the Avengers movie is because using the character would mess up what Wright plans to do with Pym. The idea is to have Pym be a "superhero" from the 1960's and move forward to the modern day with Lang taking up the mantle of Ant-Man.

Wright plans to use Hank Pym and Scott Lang. The reason why Pym isn't in the Avengers movie is because using the character would mess up what Wright plans to do with Pym. The idea is to have Pym be a "superhero" from the 1960's and move forward to the modern day with Lang taking up the mantle of Ant-Man.

Wait, so everyone else would get to be cool and modern and Hank Pym would basically be Adam West to Scott Lang? Not sure I approve. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"