New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New forum smell. WHOOO!!!!!

Let's talk about Josh Boone's movie.

The fact that the kid from Stranger Things being in it makes it even better better! :p

These posts come every 13 days at 1:01 pm. Perhaps the second trailer will drop on New Years Day?

Henry, Alice, Josh and Knate are attending a con in Brazil next month. We will probably be getting some news on the film there. Last year, Fox unveiled the dinner scene from Logan at this con iirc, so if they’re feeling confident we might get a short snippet of scene released as well.

Hopefully a poster as well. Deadpool 2 already got an official poster even before the teaser was released.

If Disney buys Fox, will this film even get released?

I wish that would be the case. But Disney wouldn't cancel a film that's already been shot. While the marketing has already started for Nm and D2. Hopefully Dp would be released straight to DVD but that's a stretch.

If Disney buys Fox, will this film even get released?

I suspect it would be. It's already been filmed and a trailer has been released. I suspect there would probably be contractual obligations to films because Fox's investors would want them to protect their investment.

It would make Disney look bad if they didn't release the movies tbh.

The idea of a 150 mil movie going straight to DVD is quite funny though.

I suspect it would be. It's already been filmed and a trailer has been released. I suspect there would probably be contractual obligations to films because Fox's investors would want them to protect their investment.

Too bad for Disney though if they really need to release those films and they turned out to be not so great. Imagine the headlines.

It would make Disney look bad if they didn't release the movies tbh.

The idea of a 150 mil movie going straight to DVD is quite funny though.

only haters would want film go straight to dvd.

i seriously doudt new mutants,deadpool 2,and dark phoenix wouldn't be released in theaters even though after they are released x-men is going to be rebooted.

we will never get new mutants sequels now:csad:

The 2018 movies will be released regardless of what happens.

Going back to the film for a moment, I wonder how, if at all, we may get the origins since we are dealing with a group of new mutants. Whereas in X-Men, we just got Charles saying that Scott, Ororo, and Jean were some of his first students, I'm curious if we'll get glimpses of the backstories here.

We saw that brief shot of Sam in a mine shaft in the trailer, so I wonder if we'll get origins at the beginning or maybe spread throughout the film.

This. They want as much money as they can make from it.

Going back to the film for a moment, I wonder how, if at all, we may get the origins since we are dealing with a group of new mutants. Whereas in X-Men, we just got Charles saying that Scott, Ororo, and Jean were some of his first students, I'm curious if we'll get glimpses of the backstories here.

We saw that brief shot of Sam in a mine shaft in the trailer, so I wonder if we'll get origins at the beginning or maybe spread throughout the film.
The benefits of making this a psychological horror film is that we'll be able to see Mirage or the Demon Bear physically manifest these characters' backstories, which will be interesting to see. We already basically see it with Illyana it seems.

@Squeekness, But they also have their own Marvel films... Which makes this complicated.

Disney: we got X-Men now, but watch New Mutants, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix- films we didn't have a say before post prod and also go check our own Marvel Studios films.

This. They want as much money as they can make from it.

Its still pretty crazy that everyone is talking about these negotiations while we will are still hearing news about new movies or casting choices

Its like even fox ain't fully aware of whats going on otherwise its alot of effort going to waste.

Last edited:
@Squeekness, But they also have their own Marvel films... Which makes this complicated.

Disney: we got X-Men now, but watch New Mutants, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix- films we didn't have a say before post prod and also go check our own Marvel Studios films.

Difference is this a finished product, they aren't just going to dump it. Something in pre production that's something else.

Too bad for Disney though if they really need to release those films and they turned out to be not so great. Imagine the headlines.

They're buying 20th Century Fox, not just the assets, right? It'll be released under that studio with Disney distributing it, so it'll still say 20th Century Fox in the credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"