Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone else have enjoyed the movie more if it had a happier ending? Instead of him having adamantium poisening along with his slowed healing factor, if he just would have had the slowed healing factor like in the Old Man Logan comic, then he wouldn't have been on the verge of death in the movie. Then in the end if the final battle with X-24 would have ended before he had endured so much trauma that he cannot heal from, and he goes with the kids into Canada. To be there as a father for Laura, to help her avoid becoming a weapon and a lifetime of pain that he did, to be a mentor for the kids. Riding off into the sunset instead of being killed off...
I did like the movie, but it will not be as fun to watch again and again, it was hard enough watching Xavier die, but then seeing it end with Wolverine's death also, I'm not sure how many times I will re-watch it.

Would anyone else have enjoyed the movie more if it had a happier ending? Instead of him having adamantium poisening along with his slowed healing factor, if he just would have had the slowed healing factor like in the Old Man Logan comic, then he wouldn't have been on the verge of death in the movie. Then in the end if the final battle with X-24 would have ended before he had endured so much trauma that he cannot heal from, and he goes with the kids into Canada. To be there as a father for Laura, to help her avoid becoming a weapon and a lifetime of pain that he did, to be a mentor for the kids. Riding off into the sunset instead of being killed off...
I did like the movie, but it will not be as fun to watch again and again, it was hard enough watching Xavier die, but then seeing it end with Wolverine's death also, I'm not sure how many times I will re-watch it.

I read somewhere Hugh wanted Logan to make it but Mangold opted to break our hearts. I saw the movie 3 times and it is very sad but it's filled with so many funny moments and it's so well done it doesn't stop me from rewatching it

I usually don't like happy endings as much, so for me that wouldn't have worked as well, but some people may have liked that. I actually feel the movie was very hopeful. I didn't find it at all depressing so I was a little shocked when I realized several people do.

Nope. Nope. Nope. This movie was near perfect. LOVED the ending! I personally would've been upset if he had survived.

Also, so many of these comic book films end on these hopeful, optimistic notes. It's a refreshing change of pace, and befitting of Wolverine, that Logan end on a tragic note. Plus, with Laura out there, there's a hint of optimism still running around and someone to carry that mantle.

It's like on Clerks when Dante said he preferred Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi because between everything that happens, it ends on such a down note.

Not to cross the streams, but that's one of the issues I've had with the DC TV shows and MCU films. The heroes may be down, but you know that they'll rally the band, gather the troops, and eventually triumph over evil with everyone living to fight another day. Less so with Logan. That conventional kind of storytelling goes right out the window in favor of something more bleak, but touching all the same.

Part of the reason why Logan works so well is it's sense of finality.

While for the me the third act wasn't as good as the rest of film, no way wolverine should have survived.

I think Laura getting to Canada worked well enough in regards to there being light in the ending of the film.

Logan also died at peace with himself - maybe even a slight bit of happiness. I think there's a good amount of closure and contentment to be gained from that. Maybe not uplifting, but contentment.

Not to mention, Logan's actions in the third act prove that the Wolverine of Laura's comics, the Wolverine of the X-Men, was real as well.

The ending to Logan was perfect. I don't know how one could have improved on it.

I'm so glad it didn't pull a "Dark Knight Rises" on us by backtracking Logan's sacrifice.

btw, I preordered the Blu-Ray. The final week of May can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see it again.

Logan also died at peace with himself - maybe even a slight bit of happiness. I think there's a good amount of closure and contentment to be gained from that. Maybe not uplifting, but contentment.

Not to mention, Logan's actions in the third act prove that the Wolverine of Laura's comics, the Wolverine of the X-Men, was real as well.

This. While I was extremely sad he died, he went out fighting for something important and seemed at piece at the end. Great ending.

attachment.php

Deleted scenes for Logan have shown up on YouTube.

I'm on mobile so I can't link, but check out the YouTube account Campeon River.

Some of these deleted scenes are amazing and I'm baffled they were cut.

Last edited:
I can see why some were cut, but my goodness is the acting in these scenes still so great. Hugh and Patrick's faces in the Jean Grey scene, Laura discovering for the first time that her dad may have once actually loved someone - heartbreaking.

Logan's conversation with Bobby about Sabertooth - that was also heartbreaking.

Yeah some interesting deleted scenes indeed. Firstly it makes me miss this film so much, they are all of a good quality, some better than others but seeing it again brings back the memories of how good everyone was in this film. I can see why the Jean Grey scene was deleted, I think that might have wound up fans a bit and some of the others felt a little awkward and redundant but the Police pulling over Logan and the kid puppet master scene were awesome and wouldnt have minded if they had made the final cut at all.

That Sabretooth scene was pretty amazing. It wasn't much, but went a long way to both further show us the deep guilt Logan feels for his past with Weapon X/the various wars he's fought in, and also addresses Victor again so long after the XMOW.

I'm glad Caliban thing was deleted that would have been misery overload

Hugh's look of shock was amazing. Like damn.

His acting in those deleted scenes broke my heart all over again. But that moment when he lifts Laura is a moment of at least a bit of hope in this horribly dark scene, to add him seeing Caliban on top of that would be just way too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"