Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about everything being a shared universe so much as it is about having a sequel that lines up with what the previous movies have established. If they came out and said this is a stand alone adventure that's not a follow up to the existing x-men films that would be fine but they haven't.
Let's imagine Logan doesn't line up with previous films. What does it change?

tumblr_ok1tscQ0NO1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

tumblr_ok1tscQ0NO1sc0ffqo2_540.gif

tumblr_ok1tscQ0NO1sc0ffqo3_540.gif

I simply cannot get over that flip. What a great piece of stunt work, and props to Dafne if she did it herself. Mangold said she trained really hard and I'm interested in seeing how much of the stunt work she did herself.

She reminds me of those creepy kids you see in horror films. I don't know what it is but when it's a kid who comes across as having something wrong with them it's far more disturbing and intimidating than if it were an adult.

Joblo has a really detailed write up of the first 40 minutes. Worth checking out if you don't care about spoilers.

Laura (presumably) is definitely the highlight of this trailer. This has a lot more fun than the first one while still maintaining some of the same gravitas. Definitely impressed.

If it's great, people will like it regardless.

But considering how heavily this film leans on the legacy of these characters, it would definitely cause some confusion. It won't sink the film, but it will hurt it. Wouldn't it make much more impact if you watched those scenes between Jackman and Stewart, thought about the scenes they've shared before, and weren't wondering just how many of them actually happened?

Many have taken Mangold's comments about the super-hero franchise formula as a dig at Marvel, but I think the reality of his decision reflects more harshly on the X-Men franchise itself. Mangold needs to give the other films a wide birth because they don't make any sense next to eachother. Maybe he's also a bit annoyed that his last Wolverine film was erased from 'canon' just a year after its release.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard Keen speak the king's English? Only heard her speak Spanish wondering if she's mute in this.

[Yt]9EdMsbAYWDo[/YT]

Idea of her being mute is kinda interesting, but acting without saying anything is tough even for a seasoned pro.

Minor spoiler: [BLACKOUT]apparently she only speaks Spanish in the film[/BLACKOUT]

So before this scene, the guy goes inside to "go get her", then you hear a scream.
The scene right before these gifs, when she's first walking out, other than the cuffs and her backpack, is there something else she's carrying under her arm?

Like maybe the guy's head?:shock

Or am I seeing things and it's just her hands a reflection off the cuffs?

XtGLOVy.jpg

Last edited:
So before this scene, the guy goes inside to "go get her", then you hear a scream.
The scene right before these gifs, when she's first walking out, other than the cuffs and her backpack, is there something else under her arm?

Like maybe the guys head?:shock

Or am I seeing things it's just a reflection off her hands and the cuffs?

Yeah it's a head. [BLACKOUT]She throws it at Pierce[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Yep, people who saw the first act say she just tosses the head over to them.

1hzb6i.gif

LOL! Explains this reaction!

Has anyone ever heard Keen speak the king's English? Only heard her speak Spanish wondering if she's mute in this.

[Yt]9EdMsbAYWDo[/YT]
Asked this here too - http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34704945&postcount=38

From what I'm learning, the actress Daphne Keen Fernández is bilingual.
Father is English (although as seen in the interview above he speaks perfect Spanish) and mother is Spanish.
Daphne is bilingual, her English may have a slight Spanish accent.
However her character apparently
only speaks Spanish.
As indicated by spoilers above, and according to - http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34705189&postcount=41

Last edited:

Considering the fact that this may possibly be the last time we see Jackman and Stewart play Wolvie/X and if the movie is fantastic, it'll probably just end up being an afterthought.

:funny: She would've given the whole film away if her pop didn't stop her. She almost dropped some spoilers. Cute kid. Her RL parents are playing her parents in Logan. They basically said it's a sci-fi premise with a very human story at it's core which is what will surprise people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"