Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 5

It will happen. Because you know .... Hollywood. They re casted batman in three I think we will see the same amount of time pass before they do the same with wolverine being recasted

Last edited:
Hutch Parker on recasting wolverine

"I think for the moment our focus really is on other characters," he explained to the publication. "I think there's a part for all of us that feels like Logan, as played by Hugh, is the definitive performance of that character. And I think we're all a little hesitant at the idea of rebooting it in any way. So, for the moment we're going to look at – there's so much else explore in the [X-Men] Universe and to play with.

"Particularly now as we've seen such bold tonal choices being made, I think that opens up the landscape as well, to seeing other genres living kind of fully within the comic book genre. And you saw that with Guardians of the Galaxy, I believe [it] is an exceptional example of that. Obviously Deadpool and Logan now, but I think there'll be more to come."

http://screenrant.com/x-men-hugh-jackman-wolverine-recast/

Last edited:
with logan now on home video of course they aren't talking about recasting
wolverine now.they were never going to recast immedetly after logan but next flagship film after dark phoenix which is likely in 2020 or 2021 maybe.

fox isn't rebooting so since films are with younger cast wolverine has to show up eventully.though if fox and filmmakers stop consent decade hoping and say in new timeline wolverine still joins in 2000's you could delay recasting but doing trilogy in 1990's.

problem with x-23 filling void of wolverine is she is isolated from rest of characters.now if say x-force takes place post logan then she can help fill the
void.

I'm just surprised that they actually got Ryan Reynolds to come back and do another one of these. Nothing short of great there.

Brilliant stuff as usual and RR just adds to it.

I'm watching the making of Logan on the blu ray, and Dafne actually speaks! Yay! It's a nice behind the scenes look.

And Logan looks great on blu ray. I love the look of the film.

I'm watching the making of Logan on the blu ray, and Dafne actually speaks! Yay! It's a nice behind the scenes look.

What version? Because people mention that certain stores have certain steelbooks or types of booklets and artwork depending on where you buy it.

This is easily the best looking X-Men film. Mathieson did a great job of bringing this world to life, and I love how distinct this film looks compared to everything else from this franchise. I hope New Mutants and DP2 and Dark Phoenix all are visually distinct from each other.

Just finished watching it again. GOAT marvel movie.

I also watched bits and pieces of the Noir version, it's a nice little addition, but some scenes don't translate well (the forest stuff specifically).

The color version is the best version.

I don't know if anyone else has watched the deleted scenes, but one of them is an alternate take of the dinner scene at the farmhouse where Jean Grey is brought up and Charles says that Logan killed her. Now it's a deleted scene, so I don't really consider it canon, but which timeline are they supposed to be in? It's mind-boggling.

I don't know if anyone else has watched the deleted scenes, but one of them is an alternate take of the dinner scene at the farmhouse where Jean Grey is brought up and Charles says that Logan killed her. Now it's a deleted scene, so I don't really consider it canon, but which timeline are they supposed to be in? It's mind-boggling.

In the commentary for the deleted scenes, Mangold basically says that Charles isn't really being lucid, and he's confusing different memories together.

Mangold's reasoning for cutting it out was he felt that it ruined the happy atmosphere established during the dinner scene.

Have yall watched the Honest Trailer for Logan? Ryan Reynolds was a guest star. Its pretty funny.

In the commentary for the deleted scenes, Mangold basically says that Charles isn't really being lucid, and he's confusing different memories together.

Mangold's reasoning for cutting it out was he felt that it ruined the happy atmosphere established during the dinner scene.
That's what it definitely seemed like. Charles wasn't really in the right mindset and able to properly remember the past. Not a timeline issue, just going senile.

I'm disappointed I couldn't get the steelbook. I called Best Buy and they said there was three left. It takes me 30 minutes to drive there and the clerk said they just sold the last one. Bummer.

Anyway, I just watched Logan for the first time. I avoided all spoilers and knew nothing about the film. I thought it was excellent. I was hooked from beginning to end. I'm not sure about anyone's thoughts on X-24. A part of me didn't like the clone, but really it was so minor it doesn't affect my opinion overall. I will probably watch it again soon.

For me, personally, this is a conclusion of the original timeline (including The Wolverine). If I were to have a "wolverine marathon" it would be X1, X2, X3, The Wolverine, Logan.

Its pretty clear its meant to be in the new timeline but the issue is that its clear no one put much thought into alot of the references in Logan.

Its pretty clear its meant to be in the new timeline but the issue is that its clear no one put much thought into alot of the references in Logan.

Neither they should have, the X Men timeline was a mess for years now and Mangold focused on making a great movie instead of making a piece that fits perfectly in the puzzle

making a great movie instead of making a piece that fits perfectly in the puzzle

Thats the logic that worries me abit because the producers may indeed believe this is how they should make the movies and tv shows.

I never find these honest trailers funny even if I subscriber of Screen Junkyard. I think they are quite corny and the comedy is forced. Though, Good for them getting Ryan to do voice over work.

What movie did you watch? Because it's absolutely NOT clear that it's suppose to be the new timeline. Not only do they mention multiple things from the original timeline, and nothing from the new timeline, but this movie takes place just 5 years after DOFP. No way they've aged that much in 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"